Terran's Byzantii/Infernii PLOG

For Mierce products as well as anything else you may want to show off
terranraida

Terran's Byzantii/Infernii PLOG

Postby terranraida » Thu May 25, 2017 9:42 pm

So, I still have a lot to expand upon, but so far I like the direction I'm heading. These are currently WIP shots, and will update as I can, or as I get fancier photos taken.

Current Family Photo:

Signifier:

Centurion Equitus Durio:

Centurion Equitus Durio on Horse:

Scecchus, Servile Fiend of Dis:

Tykho, Scorpion Minor:

Con I Modius:
Byzantii V

Re: Terran's Byzantii/Infernii PLOG

Postby Byzantii V » Fri May 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Hi Terran, I've never before seen pics of a painted scorpion or Equitus Durio on a horse. They look fantastic, and I plan to imitate your color scheme.

How did you choose the white/grey coloring of Durio's helmet crest? Is it based on anything historical or did you just like the look of it?
terranraida

Re: Terran's Byzantii/Infernii PLOG

Postby terranraida » Sat May 27, 2017 3:20 am

Byzantii V wrote:Hi Terran, I've never before seen pics of a painted scorpion or Equitus Durio on a horse. They look fantastic, and I plan to imitate your color scheme.

How did you choose the white/grey coloring of Durio's helmet crest? Is it based on anything historical or did you just like the look of it?

The crest on Durio's helmet is much brighter than it leads to. It's based with Ulthuan Grey, given a 50/50 glaze of Lamain Medium and Guilliman Blue, layered Ulthuan Grey, being careful to avoid the recessed parts, and then highlighted with Pallid Wych Flesh.

The crest, not so much, it was just a nice contrast to the dark metals and reds throughout the army, but the rest is fairly close to traditional roman armor.

Return to “Painting and Modelling”