Pro Studio Brushes

For Mierce products as well as anything else you may want to show off
Funkychef

Pro Studio Brushes

Postby Funkychef » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Right, as promised guys, here's a look at my Pro studio brushes from the Games & Gears Kickstarter

Quick overview of the initial set, they came packed in a bubble wrap envelope and each brush is individually wrapped in its own little sealed celophane bag, along with the caps on each end to protect the tips.

Brushes in all the pics are size 2 at the top and decreasing in size to the 000 at the bottom

Here's a closer shot of one end of the brushes, they certianly have a professional feel to them :)

Closer still for you to see the tips, great points held right out of the packaging

And here's a shot of my hand holding one, now I will admit I've only really used the GW brushes in the past, but the barrel of these is slightly thicker, and definately feels like it will be more comfortable to use for longer sessions. I should also say I have quite small hands for a bloke, so the brushes aren't quite as big as they might seem in the pic :)

As I said on the comments page, I'm going to save these for when my first starter sets arrive, in the mean time I'm finishing off a 40k army for a campaign weekend in May, and I feel like saving these for models that deserve something special

Hope you all like them when your's arrive :)
Aka Dave
AndyS

Re: Pro Studio Brushes

Postby AndyS » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks for the initial review. In the pic it looks like size 1 and 2 are very similar if not the same. Could be camera angle.
Well they should be better than Citadel at the very least!
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm

It might be down to camera angle, they were taken with my phone, it might also be down to the angle of the ends I'm comparing, I just took another look, and one end looks smaller on the 1 compared to the 2, but there seems to be less of a difference between looking at the other ends.

I will say my eye sight isn't the best at times, so it might just be a trick of the light/ my imagination
Aka Dave
razormage

Postby razormage » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:36 pm

I can't tell that well from the pictures, but do they have a plastic bristle guard around the tips, or not? I'd be very skeptical if they were shipped without those.
--Ryan Smith
Blog: http://thebeerwaaagh.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @beerwaaagh
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:38 pm

There are plastic caps on each brush-end
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:05 pm

Any update on the quality of these? I'm eagerly awaiting mine. Should be any day now!
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm

I haven't actually used mine yet as I was saving them for my Darklands mini's, but I'll break out the size 0 tonight for the eye lenses on the battle company I'm working on and let you know what thier like :)
Aka Dave

Return to “Painting and Modelling”