Bob not only sculpts :D

For Mierce products as well as anything else you may want to show off
Bob

Bob not only sculpts :D

Postby Bob » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:14 pm

Hey ;)

I'm the sculptor behind some of the Mierce's models. But way before that I was just a hobbist collecting and painting miniatures. I was never particulary good at that, but every now and then I like to grab a brush again and paint some of the minis I sculpted. And so here's the first one from Darklands:

Gungonn ap Gonn, Pendynwocor of Powys from Gungonn's Brood, Dynwocor Unit.

EDIT: Photos don't show for some people, they are also on my dropbox folder here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lsmp7omdyja ... hMP-a?dl=0

Last edited by Bob on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathon Chester

Re: Bob not only sculpts :D

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Lovely work Bob, look forward to seeing your future work
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 pm

Pictures don't show, do you have a link to your dropbox gallery?
Bob

Postby Bob » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks Jon! Probably gonna be a bit of time till I show something else painted though. I now spend a lot of my free time making fancy renders of holumann, so you can look forward to seeing them in a few days (or weeks, not sure, there's so many weapon options :0 )

Icchan, updated original post with link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8lsmp7omdyja ... hMP-a?dl=0

Cheers!
Geoff

Postby Geoff » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Good stuff Bob, that's both a real nice paint job and a bloody awesome sculpt! You're very talented.

and hey, welcome to the forum! :)
Bob

Postby Bob » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:40 pm

Thanks Geoff! ;)

Exclusive leaked render for you guys, not even Rob has this haha :D

link if the image doesn't load properly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/neqsmitjv0pl1 ... 0.jpg?dl=0
Geoff

Postby Geoff » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Hey man, I've been on your site and read your bio etc., talented is an understatement! Your work is phenomenal! Those 3D sculpts are sublime. Banbreca is the most mind-blowing thing I've ever seen for a miniature. I'd want that about a foot tall on my mantlepiece.

And,by the Nine, you are a Skyrim fan too. Love the Giant. I stopped a 450 hour play through in Skyrim VR about 5 months ago to learn about wargaming and not turned on my playstation since! I'd be embarrassed to admit how long I've put into that game since launch day in 2011...

Anyway, the Norse lads, hela yeah, for ODIN!! Grand as 'owt as they say up North!
antoine

Postby antoine » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:19 am

I love your Pendynwocor!!
thanks so much for sharing those pics, both paintings and sculpts
Dan Pratt

Postby Dan Pratt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Fantastic work, keep it up!
Bob

Postby Bob » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Geoff wrote:Hey man, I've been on your site and read your bio etc., talented is an understatement! Your work is phenomenal! Those 3D sculpts are sublime. Banbreca is the most mind-blowing thing I've ever seen for a miniature. I'd want that about a foot tall on my mantlepiece.

And,by the Nine, you are a Skyrim fan too. Love the Giant. I stopped a 450 hour play through in Skyrim VR about 5 months ago to learn about wargaming and not turned on my playstation since! I'd be embarrassed to admit how long I've put into that game since launch day in 2011...

Anyway, the Norse lads, hela yeah, for ODIN!! Grand as 'owt as they say up North!

Thanks dude, I'm really flattered! :)

Sure am! Didn't count but I spent hell of a lot time there as well :p Also superhyped for TES VI, even though they showed next to nothing.
Also playing through skyrim, especially the dungeons with all those draugr, made me so hyped for the Darkholds, such a shame it didn't fund, while I don't plan on playing Darklands, I'd love shorter easier version of it set in nordic dungeons.

Anyway, thanks again ;)

antoine wrote:I love your Pendynwocor!!
thanks so much for sharing those pics, both paintings and sculpts

Thanks! And you're welcome ;)

Dan Pratt wrote:Fantastic work, keep it up!

Thanks mate!

Anyway! So it's not just boring "thank you guys" post for everyone else, here's a little something for you guys ;) Same dude as the last time, but with all 5 weapon options :)

Cheers!
Bob

Postby Bob » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Aaand they're done ;)

It's a unit of 5 men with 5-6 weapon options each. So there is 27 uniqe options of them. Obviously that's a bit much to render, so I just picked my favourite mele option for each pose, another one with a bow, and finally I made a render with all options for each pose, and that's what you can see here, 3 renders for each pose ;)

If the links below don't work, check the renders out here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/e23PZ

Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 pm

You made me get the infantry again after making the decision to do some hosts with only monstrous infantry (due to not liking the previous sculpts as much). So well done ;)
DrNO172000

Postby DrNO172000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 pm

I am going to buy so many of those Holumann.

Do you use Zbrush Bob? Or is that another program?
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:14 am

How big are the parts where they join together? I have to say I didn't have a very pleasant time pinning wrists on my old Holumenn and I'm not looking to do it again.
Bob

Postby Bob » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:22 pm

Rick_Boer wrote:You made me get the infantry again after making the decision to do some hosts with only monstrous infantry (due to not liking the previous sculpts as much). So well done ;)

Thanks! ;)

Can't say I'm sorry :p

Cheers!

DrNO172000 wrote:I am going to buy so many of those Holumann. Do you use Zbrush Bob?

Awesome! Yeah, I do.

Icchan wrote:How big are the parts where they join together? I have to say I didn't have a very pleasant time pinning wrists on my old Holumenn and I'm not looking to do it again.

I keep that in mind as I hate pinning myself :p It should be good without them, male-female joints as on my other minis (don't know if you have or seen any in person).
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:37 am

Bob wrote:
Icchan wrote:How big are the parts where they join together? I have to say I didn't have a very pleasant time pinning wrists on my old Holumenn and I'm not looking to do it again.

I keep that in mind as I hate pinning myself :p It should be good without them, male-female joints as on my other minis (don't know if you have or seen any in person).

Not on Darklands minis yet, at least on smaller sculpts, but I also play Infinity and they use a lot of male-female joints. This is excellent news, I'll be keeping my eye on the holumenn.
DrNO172000

Postby DrNO172000 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:26 am

So I use fingernail glue these days for resin and metal. Ever since switching to it I have never had to pin another model. I swear by the stuff now.
Bob

Postby Bob » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:15 pm

DrNO172000 wrote:So I use fingernail glue these days for resin and metal. Ever since switching to it I have never had to pin another model. I swear by the stuff now.

Haha, thought one would approach gluing nails with regular superglue I use for the minis. Well what do you know? :D

Anyway, some new renders of Brynhild Gunnblindi:

That's the pretty ones, if you want to see some more not-so-pretty renders, they're here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/R1Rem

Return to “Painting and Modelling”