Morning!

For Work in Progress blogs.
darthmarsh

Re: Morning!

Postby darthmarsh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi folks

Sorry I've neglected this WIP a little over the past weeks!

Grefven you are absolutely right and I've painted in some sun-aged silvering and some random weathering, hopefully it looks better.

i'm feeling like i'm on the homeward stretch with Malacant. Still more to do and basing to consider.

Here's a few shots of where I am at the moment.

staggerlee

Postby staggerlee » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:14 am

Very nice! The metalic is amazing, care to share your secret? (paint brand etc?)
darthmarsh

Postby darthmarsh » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi Staggerlee

Thanks mate glad you like it. If i'm honest this is the first time i've tried to do metal and I basically followed a very good tutorial on CMoN by Automaton http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/1649-metallics. I changed one or two things however. Base coated with Vallejo model air silver then I used the violet ink from the inktensity box for the first step rather than what automaton suggests. The last steps where to go over all the shadows with Model air Black metal and blend back in the silver. I used scale 75 speed metal for the edging and pin highlights. Have a read of the link as it really is very good

here's some more on Malacant. I had a day off yesterday so I ended up getting some painting done. Legs and hoof's pretty much finished (although I'm going to go a little darker towards the bottom of the hoof). Axe handle finished, shield and wings attached, green stuffed and base coated. I still need to do the rest of the fur on the neck and onto the wings and I've added blood splatter to the blade that i'm not yet convinced about. I'll do some more to it and if it doesn't work paint it out. Then all that is needed is the base!

crits or comments appreciated

Tim

Return to “Work in Progress”