Minsks model muddle

For Work in Progress blogs.
The_Minsk

Minsks model muddle

Postby The_Minsk » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:52 am

So I have finally startedputting paint to some of my models. All still very WIP, mainly on here to motivate me.

First up my Tarvax, needs some work the mane (or whatever you call hair on a minotaur) I think needs to be a different colour to make it stand out more. Also I might need to change the colour of some of the armour. Still this was mostly a test piece

Now we have Creoda, great model, stil a very early WIP. Now unfortunately the mold line on the arm is a little prominet (well a lot to be honest) however im not certain im going to go back and sort it as this will set me back with the paint job.

Any way take care everyone

Rick
AndyP

Re: Minsks model muddle

Postby AndyP » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Looking good, like the armour on the Tarvax. Good work
As I always say. At the end of the day.................it goes dark :-)
OrlandotheTech

Postby OrlandotheTech » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:54 pm

The armour looks good, so I'd be tempted to keep it

if you want more contrast you could try changing the colour of the trophy skulls, brighten some up by adding more white to the mix will draw in the eye

and the centre of the belly plate could be coloured (imagine it as a sash behind a belt) for more interest too

finally a bit of grass (or other plant) on the base ? (not sure if you're still working on that)

but whatever it's looking neat
warchild40k

Postby warchild40k » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:16 pm

I like the Tarvax and the armor is very nice. The picture made me laugh a bit because it looks like he's all pissed off that he lost and arm and it's just sitting there in front of him. "It's just a scratch, come on you bastard!"
The_Minsk

Postby The_Minsk » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks for the comments, I will givethem some thought. The bases do need more work, I will prob give them a couple more highlights and put some static grass on them
The_Minsk

Postby The_Minsk » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Got a bit more done on Creoda, Im really enjoying painting this model. great fun. still plenty to do mind you all the colours need more highlights and shades. Also I need to do some touch ups onthe lighter colour.
The_Minsk

Postby The_Minsk » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Ive been working on Creoda, pretty pleased with how he is comming along, I still have some extra work to do on the fur to make it stand out a bit more mind you.
I also need to blend the flesh tone in some more
devilution

Postby devilution » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:08 pm

Man I wish you could do a tutorial on that metallic metal :-P It's really nice !
wrinklestiltskin

Postby wrinklestiltskin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:05 am

Love the wolf, very nice skintone.
The_Minsk

Postby The_Minsk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Thanks for the comments, I have done some more on Creoda, then just as I was looking at his eyes to see if they were equal I dropped him and smashed 2 of his legs off. I should be able to fix it but I need better light to do it.

@Devolution the metallic was really easy, kind of an experiment to be honest. I started off with bolt gun metal, then with a very soft dry brush put of mithril silver, then I used many different washes of various thickness to shade andcolour the metal, browns, oranges and black. a final highlight of mithril was very gentally applied.
The_Minsk

Postby The_Minsk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Well I have started work on my Drugth unit, im not sure on the colours what do you guys think? bear in mind these are early works in progress most of the colours have just been blocked in. Im trying to go for a burnt orange brown cloak, and the blue will be storm blue grey.

Return to “Work in Progress”