Krull is BACK!! a slow WIP.

For Work in Progress blogs.
EVL HMR

Krull is BACK!! a slow WIP.

Postby EVL HMR » Sat May 24, 2014 7:54 am

Hi people
As most of you know, I had a lovely little Krull, but he took a rather nasty flight into a wall earlier in the year and , well, RIP.

However, thanks the amazing generosity of an unnamed but hugely respected individual, I now have a new one :D
And this one will have 2 axes!!
I'll start a slow WIP, so you can follow me through the journey of creating the monster.

Here he is, after a little bath.
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”Lance Armstrong
EVL HMR

Re: Krull is BACK!! a slow WIP.

Postby EVL HMR » Sun May 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Like Dr Frankenstein, my monster slowly begins to takes shape...
I am adding extra chains, skulls and the such. Also, two double headed axes! because one axe is never enough.
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”Lance Armstrong
grefven

Postby grefven » Sun May 25, 2014 6:18 pm

Keep posting WIPs. I love to see more of it. :)
EVL HMR

Postby EVL HMR » Mon May 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Starting to build the handsome fella now. I must say, white resin looks awesome.
Next step is to clean up some more and begin to add some more chains and a few skulls...
EVL HMR

Postby EVL HMR » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:18 am

I'm still working on the double axes, but as I was off work today, I took the opportunity to get the airbrush out and lay down the undercoat. I'm working on Malacant too, so he will begin to pop up soon.
Sorry for the blurry photo's, I was using a little camera that doesn't seem to have a macro setting!

Thought I'd try a light red on him, see how it looks. Almost a guide coat. Thoughts?

Oh, and this little devil as well. Anyone recognise him?
EVL HMR

Postby EVL HMR » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:12 am

After spotting a couple of mold lines I have re-undercoated the big fella, and his little mate, and now they are dressed in lovely yellow masking tape, ready for a touch of gold

As you will see in when I lay down the golds, I don't use a heavy coat, as I like to use lots of colours in my metals, so it's almost a heavy wash rather than a decent base coat.
Peter Rodway

Postby Peter Rodway » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:43 am

Great to see him coming to life mate.
EVL HMR

Postby EVL HMR » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:22 am

BLING!

I'm going to 'damage' Malacant a bit, as I imagine he is more involved in battles, hence the damaged shield. I'm thinking of chopping off an ear and scaring his pretty face!

They will be red next, as this is my base colour for all types of skin.
EVL HMR

Postby EVL HMR » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:02 am

Here are the boys with there first stage skin basecoat. Both will become lighter, Krull especially, but there will be a hint of red through the figures to ensure harmony.

Any advice as to what to do with the armour, as I'm worried I'm going too gold?
grefven

Postby grefven » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Some washes with purple over the gold could look nice.

Return to “Work in Progress”