Madmartigan´s Infernii WIP

For Work in Progress blogs.
Madmartigan

Madmartigan´s Infernii WIP

Postby Madmartigan » Thu May 31, 2018 11:45 am

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but not new to darklands - whereby I am one of the guys having more fun to collect, paint and convert the minis than to play with them... :)

Because of that, I have no favourite kindred but am actually focussed on the Infernii, Khthones and Jutes, as you will see.

I started with the Infernii and Krull as my first mini from Mierce - well, my first mini ever better to say. But I was optimistic that nearly 25 years of airbrush experience would help. :D I challenged myself to "copy" the style of the boxart and (later) transfer it to the other Infernii. So, these are all WIP, missing some details and of course the bases but I am really curious about your feedback and criticism. Have fun!

Krull:

Malacant:

Scecchus:

The craven fiends of dis:

And now: Ammon. Well, MY version of Ammon. I was a little bit disappointed of the original Ammon because I expected more changes which separate him from Krull. And the artwork from the Kickstarter campaign showed a great alternative pose of his left arm. So I created my own Ammon from Krull, Zhull and Gomagg (because in "my world" no wings means also no hooves - for better fitting the fiends). And yes: I drilled out his left arm! :roll: Hope you like him:
Jonathon Chester

Re: Madmartigan´s Infernii WIP

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu May 31, 2018 12:04 pm

The paint jobs look so nice but my word, that Ammon looks amazing!
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Madmartigan

Postby Madmartigan » Thu May 31, 2018 1:23 pm

Thanks a lot, Jonathon! I saw you are painting Khthones as well - watch out, there are "bigger" beasts than Ammon waiting...;)
Geoff

Postby Geoff » Thu May 31, 2018 4:20 pm

These are incredible, man, you have so much talent. Can only imagine the effort going into these. What a way to suddenly appear on the forum , with these beauties (and the others images you posted today)!

Would love to see/read about the WIP for one of your custom jobs. How the hell do you even begin these works? Do you comp them out in photoshop or just start sawing away?" Are you a pro modeller/painter?

Wow. welcome to the forum by the way! :)
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Thu May 31, 2018 8:40 pm

What kind of airbrush experience exactly if you've not painted minis before? Paintings, scale dioramas, t-shirts? These are amazing for first minis.
Correction, these are amazing full stop. As first minis, they're nothing short of mind blowing.
Madmartigan

Postby Madmartigan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:05 am

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

OK, a few words to me:
I studied "interaction design" with a focus on scientific illustration and (digital) 3D modelling. Here I sharpened my digital illustration and manual airbrush skills - I financed this education with airbrush jobs (painting walls, cars, illustrations and (sometimes) women.;) Now, 10 years later, I am the leader of the "strategic project management team" in a creative user experience and software development company in germany. I started as "screen designer" and "user experience engineer" - but, you know, if you are good in something you are not going to do the job for a long time, you are going to do management...
Because of the circumstance that I am not living "this kind" of creativity in my digital embossed job, I was looking for a hobby 3 years ago to be creative in an analog, mantra-like way as an opposite pole. And Krull was my first try in 2015.

In the last months I developed a real passion in creating own highest detailed conversions and - as the logical next step - own miniatures (my first project is a large, nine-headed hydra big enough to be ridden by khthonian gorgórars in her necks - just started!). So no, I am not a pro modeller - Not yet.;)

Well - what would you say if I tell you, that you have not seen my personal favourite conversion so far? I will post her today in the evening with more background info to the development process and more WIP photos. Look out for "Arachne" or "Lolth"...
Madmartigan

Postby Madmartigan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Finished some more pics of Ammon today - vacation is great! ;)

Return to “Work in Progress”