Ideas for base to Diorama

For showing off Darklands scenery, Templars Forge scenery, and anything else
scadianforlife

Ideas for base to Diorama

Postby scadianforlife » Mon May 19, 2014 2:07 am

Howdy.

I am almost finished painting Angrislaug....I have to say, I absolutely love thus model EXCEPT for the friggin' gaps. That is a HUGE except. Resculpting is not really my thing, and thise gaps are AT LEAST 3/16 of an inch (yeah, I measured) before pinning....oh yeah, and mine came with a missing claw for the wing.....but, I digress.

On that topic, I now need a proper base and a diorama to display it on.

Our idea is using wrecked Viking lomgboats dragged on shore by their occupants, and the. summarily destroyed by the attackers.

Question: Where can I find true to scale lomgboats? At 32mm, 1/50 or even 1/35 feels a little off.

Thanks ya'll.
JanSyr

Re: Ideas for base to Diorama

Postby JanSyr » Mon May 19, 2014 6:16 am

Hi Scadianforlife,

have a look at Adrian´s Wall:
http://adrianswalls.co.uk/shop/category ... =cid%3D%26

the ships are in scale but maybe too beautiful and too expansive for wrecking :)

cheers
Jan
scadianforlife

Postby scadianforlife » Mon May 19, 2014 11:53 am

Those are gorgeous, nut at 50gbp.... to be used as wreckage..... not really much value there.

I guess scratch built it is.
scadianforlife

Postby scadianforlife » Tue May 20, 2014 2:03 am

Ok, here we go. I started with doing research. I decided to make a snekkja. I apologize for the quality of the image, but that is what my ipad's got.

17 inches long, 0.5 inches deep, and 2 inches at the widest point. That is Angrislaug for comparison to the initial frame.

Does any one have any suggestion for the wood? I plan on either Balsa or (the mych cheaper alternative) popsicle sticks.

Return to “Scenery”