Expanding Darklands (Products) and MM

Anything unrelated to any of the other forums
devilution

Expanding Darklands (Products) and MM

Postby devilution » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Hey guys

I know it won't be happening soon but here are a few idea's to expand the world of Darklands and the scope of MM current business :p

1. A monthly Darklands magazine:

It sounds oldskool in this digital ages, but I still read my Cry Havocs magazines !
I think it would be awesome to get a high quality magazine dedicated to darklands.
With some great tutorials, stories, tactics etc... I think there is a market for it (maybe even an 'off' kickstarter)

2. A coop monster hunting game. (like Kingdom Death: Monster for example)

I would love to see a coop game set in the world of darklands. (heroes vs big meanies, gear progression, lore driven gameplay elements, ...)
Ofcourse this would take up allot of time to create but I think there is also a solid market for this type of games.

What are your opinions on this? /Discuss :-)
AndyS

Re: Expanding Darklands (Products) and MM

Postby AndyS » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:02 pm

A paper magazine would be nice. Rob is way to busy to think about that I imagine. A painting guide book or dvds would be great too.
Wyrd bið ful aræd
AndyP

Postby AndyP » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeah, nice ideas. Be good to get a rulebook finished first though ;-)
As I always say. At the end of the day.................it goes dark :-)
grefven

Postby grefven » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:39 pm

While I do like the idea, too, I am afraid that it wouldn't make sense in an economical viewpoint. I would, however, really be interested in a Mierce-approved fan-made online magazine, sorta like Wamp's Portal.
Quuids

Postby Quuids » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:25 pm

I absolutely love both ideas. Especially the co-op idea. I find myself enjoying playing with people more than against nowadays. Must have developed from years of trash talk, haha.
zedmeister

Postby zedmeister » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:32 pm

A fan based publication maybe a nifty idea. You can have interviews, showcases, etc. and have it endorsed by Mierce.

Future ideas:
- After the Rulebook official launch, look at reworking the website to detail the game and background with painting guides, skirmish ideas
- campaign and battle supplements (Peasants hunt down rampaging beast, control the bridge, etc) - can be worked into the publication
- a flgs intro pack? Something to help stores promote the game. Could have Urbads as store competition prizes - Rick has a fair few spare!

Return to “Other Topics”