Kickstarters that Might Interest you

Anything unrelated to any of the other forums
Lochlannon

Kickstarters that Might Interest you

Postby Lochlannon » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Thought it would be a good idea to post links to Kickstarters that might interest the community.

Godslayer - Mythical skirmish trying to publish a german book. All metal minis decent concept and looks like easy to follow rules. Some of the Mierce backers have been over there. Take a look!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194 ... of-legends

Wild West Exodus - this one seems to be pretty unique to me. New IP, great concept looks like pretty good design work. Have seen more then a few Mierce supporters over there. Aside from being a skirmish game thats about it. Oh and the warrior nation has leaders that turn into their totem animals.. aka Gerainomo becomming a bear, another chief a werewolf. Yes that should appeal on many levels. With 19 days to do and 166,000 $ pledged at the time of this posting, I have no idea where this one is going.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wil ... tures-game
Funkychef

Re: Kickstarters that Might Interest you

Postby Funkychef » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:25 pm

Planning on picking up some Godslayer bits, they let us push the Darklands one in the final day, so if anone likes the look of it it would be nice to return the favour. Ends soon too, finishes at 11am GMT Sat 2nd March :)
Aka Dave
Sacredroach

Postby Sacredroach » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 am

Just a quick shout out to a cool deck of playing cards: Surrealscapes Body Art Playing Cards. These are awesome and the project creator just moved them to the "tabletop games" category on Kickstarter.
Chad

Postby Chad » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 am

I like the look of their Hoplites. Shame it's so close to the Mierce one and another project I've backed. Don't know if any of you guys like Cyberpunk but this looks quite cool and uses the Deadlands rules.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821 ... -cyberpunk
Darq Hunter

Postby Darq Hunter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 am

I've Kickstarted WWX and still trying to figure out what I want. I grabbed a two player set but I don't really care for some of the extras.
Sacredroach

Postby Sacredroach » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:39 am

@Darq Hunter, which extras do you not want? I am in WWX at Repulsive +Wicked right now, and mostly what I want are the extras. I will have too many heavies to care about at my current rate...maybe a trade can be arranged?
Stephen rose

Postby Stephen rose » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:28 pm

Check out this one guys!!

Hell Dorado

Awesome skirmish game, lovely figures.

Check it out!!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/118 ... rno-expans
Lochlannon

Postby Lochlannon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:46 am

WWX just added a nice one off faction pledge and that train of doom.

Godslayer is coming to an end - going for Holocyons and Wyldfolk myself with the extra stuff added on. Seems like a decent game with metal minis. Good gents with a decent start behind them. Feel free to jump on board!!
Darq Hunter

Postby Darq Hunter » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 am

I just can't get behind the minis in Godslayer or Hell Dorado. Probably for the best as I'm pledging for WWX.
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 am

i like a couple hell dorado minis, but i've never played the game. that said, i can get them from MM for the same price today as i could if i waited on their KS to end, so the whole thing seems pointless to me. mantic and reaper and GG (zombicide) at least added 5234923489 free minis so i didn't care that i could have gotten the basic package cheaper, since the extras more than made up for it.

the warzone KS is the same way. expensive vs the discount i could get for waiting on retail channels. but i also don't like the models, the rules, or the entire deck building mechanic thing they're trying to do. I guess some of these things make sense if you love hard copy rulebooks maybe? I'd rather spend $5 (or wait a couple days) and grab a pdf version. i can print it or stick it on my phone with bookmarks and hyperlinks, which just works better for me.

I mean, at least with mierce's I know i'm getting black friday level prices and some free guys... and the models are pretty amazing across the board ;) I have much more faith that these will match/exceed the concepts than at least 3-4 of the other kickstarters i've backed that were also working off concepts.
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:45 pm

I think I've got a bargin level from Godslayer, but it really has streched me so soon after Darklands.

Hell Dorado I'm still thinking about, I might just pick up the KS mini (and likely a starter st as well if im doing that) just because I like rare minis, and it seems like it's t that easy to find the starters that reduced over here in the UK

I really want to like the Warzone project, but I was always an Imperial fan, so I'm unlikely to take any interest at all for quite a while there.

Nothing else is really grabbing me out there at the m (prob for the best) so it's time to start saving ready for the next DL one :)
Aka Dave
Darq Hunter

Postby Darq Hunter » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 pm

Zombicide just dropped it's expansion KS. I'm already in for $150 for the expansions. I really enjoy this board game so I'm excited for the new expansions.
Last edited by Darq Hunter on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grefven

Postby grefven » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Ye, I had to back zombicide season 2, as well.
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Yeah, I just saw this, as all the EB places went in under half an hour I'll just be watching to see where it goes and if they have an option for the EU pledges to ship from the UK like they did for SW, might pick up a pack in a month if I like the look
Aka Dave
grefven

Postby grefven » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 pm

@Funky: They have already stated that Zombicide season 2 WILL ship out of EU. So us Europeans won't have to pay additional charges. It has been posted on their FB page. But still the shipping is very high for non-US backers, and I frankly don't get the $35 shipping from inside EU for non-US while US backers get free shipping. :/
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Cherrs Gref, I wasn't going to wade through 4 pages of KS comments after 2 hours to see if there was a commetn on there, was just going to wait and see if it appeared as a FAQ :)

As to the shipping charges, if I'm not going to get hit with charges when it ships, I'm resigned to the high shipping cost, the shipping options on KS projects always ammuse me
Aka Dave
grefven

Postby grefven » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:40 pm

This is from their FAQ

Shipping Europe
"We will be able to ship within the EU from the UK. Shipping will still cost the same as we'll need to deal with customs and VAT on your behalf if you're in the EU and to pay our shipping service.

This will mean that you won't have any issues with possible customs queries, additional tax or other hassles, making the whole experience that much smoother!"
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:10 pm

Cheers again Gref, I just saw the FAQ's, they weren't there when I looked earlier

funded in 2 mins, do you think people were waiting for this? ;)
Aka Dave
grefven

Postby grefven » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:16 pm

I've been waiting for it. But I guess that the main reason to why it was funded this quickly was because they've been promoting it for several weeks now, and even announced the exact starting date, etc.
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

I hope we get a good heads up from MM for their next KS. Can't have noobs getting all the good deals!
Wyrd bið ful aræd
zedmeister

Postby zedmeister » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm sure we'll be the first to hear of it - this forum can be a useful co-ordination tool to get others interested for when it starts...
Darq Hunter

Postby Darq Hunter » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:10 am

I'm sure they will! I'm pretty excited for the next one but I'm glad it's a long ways off.
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 am

what i'd REALLY like to see is drune raiders. the confrontation ones from rackham look great, but are hard to find, so having something like that in print would be amazing.
JanSyr

Postby JanSyr » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:07 pm

I´m waiting for the Arena Rex KS http://www.arenarex.com/. Nice mini shown so far and some very interesting game mechanics.
grefven

Postby grefven » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 pm

@JanSyr: Ye, totally. Sebastian Archer did an awesome job on that one. I will definately be looking at it for the miniatures. :)
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Shame it stopped Seb from working on this one!
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Lochlannon

Postby Lochlannon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:40 pm

This one looks rather promising and honestly the cost seems down right affordable. Really didn't want to get into another one, but its far enough out and smells of what mierce did.

I am beginning to look for something that doesn't just unlock things you can buy but adds to your totals as you roll on. This one (like mierce) added to the starter sets.

It is futuristic and looks rather cool.

Thon

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/178 ... f=activity
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 am

theres a kickstarter for a new planescape torment game... apparently it's pretty popular ;)
Lochlannon

Postby Lochlannon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Drake - skirmish, minis are decently different .. the Aztec dragon faction is something odd. As is a skirmish game based around dragons as captains.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agm ... on-wargame
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Dungeon roll, a quick dungeon hacking dice game, and it's cheap!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mic ... geon-delve

full rules right on the kickstarter page if you want to try it out. free US shipping, UK backers can get a 6pack and save a LOT of money on shipping costs.
Sacredroach

Postby Sacredroach » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:15 am

THON just upped their stretch goals like crazy...the project creator assumed too much at first, and he seems to try to be making up for it. Sci-fi, but a good concept.
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:09 am

yeah, i saw them lose money on kicktraq, but how can he keep a profit with that much possible free stuff, and how can the game survive if only 400 people play it.

there are a couple good minis, but not enough for me... i'll check it when i get the reminder e-mail, but i don't want/care about ANOTHER game system, so it's pretty much make or break on the models/value alone (for me).
Azhrarn

Postby Azhrarn » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:41 am

Arena Rex' kickstarter as a small scale skirmish game looks pretty good, and the initial "buy-in" isn't that high either.
Very detailed resin miniatures.
War Beckons, and I Answer
Sacredroach

Postby Sacredroach » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:13 am

Not a Kickstarter, but Zenit Miniatures in Spain is running their Kensai Indiegogo campaign...and it has already funded the first set of beasties. Also, there is a substantial discount on their normal product range, and lots of free minis for early backers.

Also, the Heroes of Normandie on KS is doing well and heading towards their Cthulhu mod.

And I finally finished my Brute from before the MM KS began, so now I can work on my first box if loot (in between my Deepwars and Sedition Wars projects...)
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Can we have a look at the brute?
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Sacredroach

Postby Sacredroach » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:18 am

If I can figure out how to post images here, I will post pics of my tiny Ysian force. Which will be augmented by a ton of stuff once real life stops interfering with my hobbies...
Sacredroach

Postby Sacredroach » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:25 am

Also, Kickstarter and Indiegogo news:

Kensei Fantasy Creatures on Indiegogo is going nuts. The 5th huge creature lot is almost unlocked, and there are now tons if options available.

Heroes of Normandie have unlocked the DUST and Crhulhu mods, and added more stuff. £65K and going.

Myth is looking good. I may need to grab a copy for Descemt lite.

Secret Weapon's terrain tiles look good. Hoping for them to crack the 280K level so I can get a set of Ruined Temples.

And Warzone finished well. Big points for nostalgia and computer graphics.
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 pm

I had the pic problem too. Save your pics to photobucket first. Then you can just copy them from there to here.
Wyrd bið ful aræd
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Sat May 11, 2013 1:59 pm

so, arena rex released their sculptors list, and surprise! like 7 of the people sculpting for darklands showed up on there.

has mierce talked to sebastian archer? he seems to be pretty good (aquila for arena rex).
grefven

Postby grefven » Sun May 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Sebastian Archer would be great doing a human faction for Darklands! :)
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Sun May 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Seb Archer did Erik long axe and meloda. Unfortunately MM have not been able to get him since. He would have been my first choice for norse and angelcynn humans. But what we've seen so far looks great anyway!
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Sacredroach

Postby Sacredroach » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:50 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/145 ... al-chapter

THIS.

This needs funding. Amazing artwork, and I suppose it has other qualities...
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:50 pm

For those who like sci-fi models as well as fantasy, this might be of interest

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lou ... the-galaxy
Aka Dave
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:45 pm

I've been watching that one. I will have to get me some jailbirds. Maybe to replace my old necromunda escher gang.
Wyrd bið ful aræd
grefven

Postby grefven » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 pm

The concept art of those girls are really good. I'd actually love to get a few of those blown up to poster size. My only problem with this KS is that the characters are in metal. :( They need to be using MM quality resin!
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Agreed Grefven. But at least it's not Finecast! But what is spincast resin?
Wyrd bið ful aræd
Funkychef

Postby Funkychef » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 am

I think it's the same as the stuff that Privateer Press use, but I might be wrong so if I am anyone please feel free to correct me

I actually like the characters being in metal, but then again I know I'm an old skool gamer and I like to feel the weight in my army :)

On that subect there's another project I'm backing at the moment too which looks interesting and niche

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200 ... mpunk-army

but I'll post it here for everyone to have a look at and see for themselves :)
Aka Dave
RayzrYR

Postby RayzrYR » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:01 am

OK, guys, please have a look at this one. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/929 ... on-edition

It's just passed the half way mark, and is funded, so there are already extras and freebies. It's arena/ dungeon combat for 2-16 players. There's about 45 different min's available, you can purchase game+minis or mini's only, in resin or metal (with or without game cards etc.). The girls running this KS are really positive and communicative. Always talking to the backers, posting in comments, quick to respond to emails, asking for feedback. This is their second KS too, so they have experience, and are delivering on that KS now, I've already got some from the first KS.

Edit: How could I forget?!? If you do back this project (stick with it to the end) and mention I sent/referred you, we both receive a free Santana mini, regardless of what level you back at.
AndyP

Postby AndyP » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am

Just cropped up in KS comments. Thought I would share it here. Look pretty good, not overpriced and supports another UK business.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/869 ... ile-set-01
As I always say. At the end of the day.................it goes dark :-)
AndyS

Postby AndyS » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 pm

I think this may well eat some of my Darklands II KS money.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marrow-P ... 15?fref=ts
Wyrd bið ful aræd

Return to “Other Topics”