UK Pilgrimage

Anything unrelated to any of the other forums
Dan Pratt

UK Pilgrimage

Postby Dan Pratt » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:34 pm

I have a goal to establish a tradition of making an annual or biannual trip to the UK, fueled by a love of Darklands, wargaming, history, and heritage.

If I were to plan that around a particular event or convention, what do you think is best? Salute?
Jonathon Chester

Re: UK Pilgrimage

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:02 pm

5th June there is a one day tournament run by me called Coventry Carnage if you wanted to play :)
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
James Harding

Re: UK Pilgrimage

Postby James Harding » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:18 am

Nice plug Jon.

Dan, I guess it depends on exactly what you want to play/do when you are here and how long you'd be here for?
I've not made it to Salute yet (going this year!) but it's the biggest general war gaming event in the UK, plus it's in London so international travel is straight forward. There are loads of different companies and games there (check out the webiste for the list of traders and games - though I'm sure you have!)
At the moment the DL tournament scene is very much in the early stages which means that getting an event that close to Salute might be tricky!
Having said that there is a reasonable group of us in the midlands (and Mierce HQ!) so I'm sure we can arrange games if you are around.
Plus Rob Boyce on this forum is a Londoner so could give you games if you didn't want to leave the capital!

Hope this helps a little

Return to “Other Topics”