The dilemmas of starting another kindred

Anything unrelated to any of the other forums
demyse

The dilemmas of starting another kindred

Postby demyse » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:51 pm

So I have been on the Darklands pain train since savage hordes 2 when a friend of mine showed me the Kickstarter, after that ive been on pretty much every kickstarter for mierce stuff since.
I started out with byzantii and infernii, but I am now getting to the point where I want to branch out, but I am a bit stuck and am looking for some advice on what to do.
The other kindreds that I am interested in are Vras (which has a limited range) and non-Mierce Anglecynn, which, once again if you don’t like wolves right now you don’t have a lot of choices, but in time there are deer, boar and bear to look forward to.

So at this stage I really don’t know what to do with my purchases. I have about 70 quid left in my moneyback from the last kickstarter, my Vras collection consists of a Vras lord on a goz horror and 2 vermin fiends, my Mierce is a big bear and some proxy duguth (sshhhhh, don’t look Rob.
Between what I own and what I got coming I have about 8K points of Byzantii/Infernii.

Do I buy more byzantii/infernii?
Do I concentrate on one of the other 2?
Do I wait until the ranges are expanded?

Answers on a postcard, or you know, in reply to this.
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
Rick_Boer

Re: The dilemmas of starting another kindred

Postby Rick_Boer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:32 pm

You could always get some Spear-Vras to atleast get some mainstay units for the Vras
HughB

Postby HughB » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Is there any part of the ysian range that appeals to you to ally into a vras force (or visa versa)?
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Beire

Postby Beire » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Hello demyse

I think a lot of Darklands enthousiast have the same problem that you encounter. There are so many great Darklands miniatures, it is hard to choose a kindred and stick to it. I myself collect Anglecynn, Fomoraic, Khthones and Norse. I started around the same time as you (SH II) and have been supporting every kickstarter ever since.

I am now branching out my kindreds. I like the fact that I collect multiple kindreds because it gives me a lot of different playstyles to explore the game. I play Darklands on a weekly basis and having multiple factions keeps de game 'fresh' for me.

So what I advise would be:

1) Collect more non-wolves Anglecynn (the human characters, duguth, gesith,...). The duguth are great, you don't need proxies ;)
2) Like Rick said, get the Spear Vras to branch out your Vras. HughB's advice to add some Ysian allies is great too.

Good luck!
demyse

Postby demyse » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 am

Ok guys thanks for the replies, I will try to answer them as best I can.

The message I seem to be getting from you guys is that ive got enough Byzantii/Infernii to keep me going, so Im probably going to put them on hold for a while.

the Ysians don't really do it for me, so going to give them a miss

I like the idea of spear vras, but I don't think the metal ones are out for a while (October?). my plan is probably wait until a Vras starter host comes out and probably get 2 of them. I am guessing its going to be something like 15 Spear Vras, 5 war vras and a warchief.

For the Anglecynn I have bulked out my proxies a bit, so I think ive got about a 999 force for them to use for a while.
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)

Return to “Other Topics”