About Every Kindred in Gaming

Anything unrelated to any of the other forums
Blæc Panþer

About Every Kindred in Gaming

Postby Blæc Panþer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Hi, I'm trying to introduce Darkland in my gaming community here in Taiwan!

I would love to have a introduction to show them, I mean game-wise. Not the actual kindred intro.

I couldn't try all of the kindred, since I don't have every single army, and unfortunately not having the opportunity to do that... Having no opponent to play with is really a pain in the a0s ;(

So I would appreciate anyone who had some games, and would share how they fight, what are they specific at, their identity, etc.

Thank you!
As all ways, have a good day!
James Balmer

Re: About Every Kindred in Gaming

Postby James Balmer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Well, not sure how much help I can be having the grand total of 3 games under my belt, but I can give you a few bits on the kindred I played and faced.

Albainn: Can be a horde quite easily with their cheap troops, also can play a good ranged game with the crossbows. The alternative is that they can also play a strong and resilient Monster list with the Oghur and their bigger kin. Ultimately though their biggest strength seemed to be their capacity to counter magic to a great extent.

Anglecyyn: I imagine vary based on what were-animal you focus on, but the wolves are incredibly fast and hard hitting, but are quite easy to kill, a glass cannon in every sense. Their troops are pretty skilled, but nothing really struck me as being out of the ordinary about them.

Fomoraic: These guys are tough and can put out a lot of damage from monstrous infantry and infantry alike. Their beasts are also fast moving and tougher than you would initially expect. Their magic is also quite powerful, though significantly toned down from earlier incarnations.

Brythoniaid: Their dragons are tough... and strong. Can cause massive damage with their flaming breath as well. The humans are very flexible with their dual ranged and close quarters combat, being capable of fulfilling both roles in a single unit is a powerful advantage over other units that dedicate their loadout to one or the other.

The best little source of information is the kindred guide, not sure if this is what you meant by kindred intro though.
Blæc Panþer

Postby Blæc Panþer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Thank you for your comment VALPHAOMEGAV!

This is exactly what I need!
Thank you so much!

Regard to kindred guide, are you talking about the rule book? Or something else?

Cheers
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Glad I could be of help, despite my limited experience.

No there is a small pamphlet with a short description of the rough playstyles, their specialities plus a brief description and also a "where to start" section that makes a suggestion with which starter set to get as a beginning.
It's months Mierce store in the essentials section named "the lands of Darkness kindred guide".
The same document can also be found in the download area alongside the muster.
Blæc Panþer

Postby Blæc Panþer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Ooh, didn't know their was such a thing! I should go look for that!!

Thank you again my friend :)

Cheers
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:05 pm

No problem, happy to have been helpful.

Return to “Other Topics”