Compel and Influence - An Unofficial Darklands and Mierce Miniatures podcast

Anything unrelated to any of the other forums
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Compel and Influence - An Unofficial Darklands and Mierce Miniatures podcast

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:50 pm

demyse wrote:now now, all opinions are valid

Some opinions are more valid than others, of course... ;)

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Re: Compel and Influence - An Unofficial Darklands and Mierce Miniatures podcast

Postby Brightblade » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Rob Lane wrote:
demyse wrote:now now, all opinions are valid

Some opinions are more valid than others, of course... ;)

Cheers
Rob

Meeeeooow... Saucer of milk for Rob please...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
HughB

Postby HughB » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Brightblade wrote:Paul,

Honest review, I tried to listen to the previous one you guys did, got through about 25 minutes then switched off, no reflection on your delivery or content at all, but I'm very much a visual person and I like to see the things that people are talking about otherwise I find it hard to relate and end up losing interest... sorry..

Just my opinion of course, and I'm sure i'm in the minority..

If you were interested, we could have some fun with this in the next episode if you like? Welcome to the podcast everyone and for Scott please observe the cover art of the rule book. Can you find where Wally is? Answers on a post card to Rob Lane, mierce towers, mierce. From a time stamp of 5 minutes Scott, please transfer your perusal to 'the raft of the medusa'. Can you tell which one is Shane McGowan?

Etc etc ;)
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:14 pm

Even better, can you spot the Troll wee.

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:24 pm

Sounds like an idea is brewing...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 am

Hi Paul, I'd just like to congratulate you on getting the levels right for (I think) the first time. I don't know if you positioned the microphone more centrally, asked Hugh to speak up, James not to randomly shout excitedly and yourself to speak in more measured tones or you did it all in post-ex, but whatever you did, it worked. I didn't have to reach for the volume control once!

I don't use iTunes but I hope those that do leave you a review. I know every podcaster asks for them but I imagine it would make a far bigger difference for you than for one that's already high in the rankings.

Oh - and tell James my Oghurithne Hunters successfully hunted down a Jute general-sorcerer last night (500 point game). I don't think I can fit them into my lists with the new musters but it was nice to use them effectively.
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 am

I tried to listen to it, but the audio quality still isn't there for me.
I mean, audio quality really is the only thing you have to get right with a podcast. Some people may accept lower quality, but trying to listen to a foreign language through bad audio quality just makes it more stressful than relaxing.
demyse

Postby demyse » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:57 am

Hi everyone

We have been really quiet for quite some time on the podcast, finding time to meet up to play, never mind record has become increasingly difficult. So with that being the main reason we have decided to officially retire the podcast.

It was short lived, but we thoroughly enjoyed making the content for those that listened, and we do hope to start again at some point, but only when we can guarantee we can set aside time for it (and justify the cost of hosting the audio)

below is the link to the soundcloud where the episodes are, but at the end of the month I will be ending the subscription. I will be of course holding onto the master copies for if we reupload.
https://soundcloud.com/user-561013111/tracks

thanks again to everyone who listened, and we will still be active on the forum, Facebook page, Whatsapp groups and of course at Salute this year to help out the Mierce lads.

From Paul, James and Hugh, thankyou.
Last edited by demyse on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:15 am

Thanks for your time guys..

Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:23 am

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
cornishlee

Postby cornishlee » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:30 am

Sniff.

Thanks for all your work guys. I've enjoyed every epidose.
OrlandotheTech

Postby OrlandotheTech » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:22 pm

Cheers folks
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:19 am

Sorry to hear that Paul - hope you get back on the wagon soon. Really enjoyed listening!

Cheers
Rob
antoine

Postby antoine » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:40 pm

oh that's sad! Many many thanks to you three, it was really entertaining!

Return to “Other Topics”