Greetings

For players in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales to introduce themselves.
Ronnie

Greetings

Postby Ronnie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:00 am

Hi All,

Just thought i'd pop in and say how do!
I have finally got my hands on the rule book and looking to start my first muster very soon. (Thinking Infernii.)

Im from Stockport, close to Manchester so im wondering if there are many players close by for games in the future?

Also, while im not a competitive player i do enjoy taking part in tournaments mainly to meet others and have a laugh while rolling dice. Is there many events that occur through the year?

Hope to speak to you all soon

Ronnie
Jonathon Chester

Re: Greetings

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:21 am

Hi Ronnie,

Welcome to the forum. In regards to nearby players theres a few chaps up in Carlisle area but not sure how close that is for you.

In regards to events i'm running one this July which is on the events page which I run every year but not sure if there are any others.

Jonathon
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:29 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:Hi Ronnie,

Welcome to the forum. In regards to nearby players theres a few chaps up in Carlisle area but not sure how close that is for you.

In regards to events i'm running one this July which is on the events page which I run every year but not sure if there are any others.

Jonathon

We were thinking of organising a tournie at the Rugeley Club, we have the space, just need to find the time and get it sorted..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:33 am

Ronnie wrote:Hi All,

Just thought i'd pop in and say how do!
I have finally got my hands on the rule book and looking to start my first muster very soon. (Thinking Infernii.)

Im from Stockport, close to Manchester so im wondering if there are many players close by for games in the future?

Also, while im not a competitive player i do enjoy taking part in tournaments mainly to meet others and have a laugh while rolling dice. Is there many events that occur through the year?

Hope to speak to you all soon

Ronnie

Ronnie,

Hail and Well Met.

There are a few players down south to you in Rugeley, that's about 90 minutes by car from you, a bit of a trek I know...

My sister lives up in St. Helens, only about 20 minutes from Manchester, I often pop up throughout the year and visit, I have a 6x4 folding gaming table, if you have the space I could always pop round next time I plan to visit my sister and we can have a game. Iv'e got plenty of mini's too, so if your short you could always use mine..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Ronnie

Postby Ronnie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi Brightblade,

That would be cool, however i live close to element games so no board will be needed if we play there as they have all boards and scenery available to use.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Brightblade wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:Hi Ronnie,

Jonathon

We were thinking of organising a tournie at the Rugeley Club, we have the space, just need to find the time and get it sorted..

Get booking and four of us may turn up!
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Ronnie wrote:Hi Brightblade,

That would be cool, however i live close to element games so no board will be needed if we play there as they have all boards and scenery available to use.

Cool, next time I'm going up to my sister I'll post on the forum, and if you fancy a game I'll bring my minis up. Will probably be sometime in the summer my next visit.

KingTiddles

Postby KingTiddles » Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 am

Hey Ronnie,

A good bunch of us from Gotham to Samaria (skirmish game community that plays 3x a year at Element Games) recently bought deeply into Darklands!

We've got an event coming up next month on the weekend of the 14th, you're more than welcome to come and say hi and bring some Darklands for a game or two!

Let me know if you want more details or help, but here are the useful links.

Group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/395643234307185/

Upcoming event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/244271239683221/

Hope that's helpeful :)
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu May 23, 2019 12:22 pm

KingTiddles wrote:Hey Ronnie,

A good bunch of us from Gotham to Samaria (skirmish game community that plays 3x a year at Element Games) recently bought deeply into Darklands!

We've got an event coming up next month on the weekend of the 14th, you're more than welcome to come and say hi and bring some Darklands for a game or two!

Thanks for the Links, I've joined the group and expressed my interest in the event, might just see you there with the other players from Rugeley..

Ronnie

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Hey KingTiddles,

Thanks for that, i might try and get down for that. At least to just show my face and say hello.

ps. Apologies for the late reply.
KingTiddles

Postby KingTiddles » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Ronnie wrote:

Hey KingTiddles,

Thanks for that, i might try and get down for that. At least to just show my face and say hello.

ps. Apologies for the late reply.

It's a ticketed event unfortunately, but you're welcome to come and say hi I'm sure. I'm rushing ahead trying to get a 1000pt list painted up in time as are a good few other people!
Ronnie

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:23 pm

It's a ticketed event unfortunately, but you're welcome to come and say hi I'm sure. I'm rushing ahead trying to get a 1000pt list painted up in time as are a good few other people![/quote]

Ah not to worry,
I'll just pop in for a look see, glean some ideas.

What faction are you working on? I'm thinking Infernii or Jutes.
KingTiddles

Postby KingTiddles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:05 am

Sounds good! I recommend joining the group page. You can share painting pics, talk about the hobby etc and there's plenty of others who have recently bought into Darklands.

Currently working on Ysians but I have some Infernii on their way so I can start demoing the game :)
Ronnie

Postby Ronnie » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:02 am

KingTiddles wrote:Sounds good! I recommend joining the group page. You can share painting pics, talk about the hobby etc and there's plenty of others who have recently bought into Darklands.

Currently working on Ysians but I have some Infernii on their way so I can start demoing the game :)

Group Joined, Thanks
Stuart1302

Postby Stuart1302 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:10 pm

Hi Ronnie,
I 've not been on the forum page for a while and just saw your intro. I am in the Manchester area also and get to Element Games quite a bit. I would be interested to have an opponent for Darklands but I am a total novice.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:28 am

Stuart1302 wrote:Hi Ronnie,
I 've not been on the forum page for a while and just saw your intro. I am in the Manchester area also and get to Element Games quite a bit. I would be interested to have an opponent for Darklands but I am a total novice.

My advice is to give a couple gos of the quick play rules so you both get the basic mechanics ingrained then move on to the big book. Try to start with the journeyman rules at first to build up from to help prevent rules overload :)
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:12 am

Stuart1302 wrote:Hi Ronnie,

Ronnie,

We are running a Darklands Open day of gaming at our Rugeley club in Staffordshire on Sunday July 7th, venue is open from Midday until 11pm, we have quite a few new players coming along on the day some of them from the Gotham and Samria event.

It's a 1000 Gold Muster event, completely informal, there will be experienced players on hand to help you throughout your games with any Rules questions.

If you can manage to come along it would help to fast track your Rules learning.

Rob Lane the Owner and Founder of Darklands and Mierce Miniatures should be coming along for a game or 2 also so you can have the opporutnity to ask him any questions you may have.

If you fancy this let me know and I'll send you more details on it.

Scott

Return to “UK”