Invoking on the invoker

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Icchan

Invoking on the invoker

Postby Icchan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:20 am

Invoking rule state that if the target for the invocation is the invoker, you're supposed to count the invokers Temper as 0, but as it is written, it's easy to understand this means it's Temper 0 vs 0 so a target of 5 still. I'm guessing it's supposed to mean that the Temper is 0 only for Target.

Also, Sight invocations specifically say you cannot target friendly models, but Norse lightning spells ignore that and specifically allow you to target friendlies. Does this mean that the Troll Gothi could target itself with a Lightning Bolt for example?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Invoking on the invoker

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:57 am

Icchan wrote:Invoking rule state that if the target for the invocation is the invoker, you're supposed to count the invokers Temper as 0, but as it is written, it's easy to understand this means it's Temper 0 vs 0 so a target of 5 still. I'm guessing it's supposed to mean that the Temper is 0 only for Target.

Understood, I'll see if I can clarify it. Yes, it's TEMPER v 0, effectively.

Icchan wrote:Also, Sight invocations specifically say you cannot target friendly models, but Norse lightning spells ignore that and specifically allow you to target friendlies. Does this mean that the Troll Gothi could target itself with a Lightning Bolt for example?

Yes.

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:14 am

Rob Lane wrote:
Icchan wrote:Invoking rule state that if the target for the invocation is the invoker, you're supposed to count the invokers Temper as 0, but as it is written, it's easy to understand this means it's Temper 0 vs 0 so a target of 5 still. I'm guessing it's supposed to mean that the Temper is 0 only for Target.

Understood, I'll see if I can clarify it. Yes, it's TEMPER v 0, effectively.

Icchan wrote:Also, Sight invocations specifically say you cannot target friendly models, but Norse lightning spells ignore that and specifically allow you to target friendlies. Does this mean that the Troll Gothi could target itself with a Lightning Bolt for example?

Yes.

Cheers
Rob

So does this mean that if an Invoker is joined to a unit of Infantry for instance and he wants to perform a Focus Spell on the unit including himself then it's his Temper vs 0 as he is effectively casting on himself?

The rules say that in mixed units it's the highest Temper that is used, so if the Invoker is counting himself as 0 Temper then is the Infantry's Temper used?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 am

Brightblade wrote:So does this mean that if an Invoker is joined to a unit of Infantry for instance and he wants to perform a Focus Spell on the unit including himself then it's his Temper vs 0 as he is effectively casting on himself?

The rules say that in mixed units it's the highest Temper that is used, so if the Invoker is counting himself as 0 Temper then is the Infantry's Temper used?

Not quite. Focus is targeted on whatever the wizard wants within focus range. If it's just on him, it's 0. If it's targeting both the wizard and the unit, it's the unit's TEMPER.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”