Of Kthones and Atalantes

Somewhere to discuss or ask questions about the lore surrounding the Lands of Darkness.
Crazyguy501

Of Kthones and Atalantes

Postby Crazyguy501 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:54 am

So a couple of question related to their background,
We know that Ophois along with a bunch of others managed to incite a rebellion which helped break a good majority of the slave population amongst the Gorgons, Kroks, Savra, Hydra and Khelon away from the chains of the Atalantes. (I’m led to believe the Liska were already roaming free at this point?) However what was the final straw to push these events to happen? Did an event occur or was it slowly building pressure and momentum under the surface?
So Ophios seems to be very powerful which is reflected on his profile, is he the first Gorgon made? Or was he the first ‘sucessful’ Gorgon made?
Does Gorgon creation stop at 60m size? As there are larger snakes beasts out there, has there been no attempt to form bigger ‘stock’ of Gorgons? (I could almost imagine a mad Gorgon out their very reflective of Typhon)
Does each race have a leader as such to represent their race? Clearly Ophios and Sthena represent the Gorgons and gorgors but is there anyone of note amongst, Savra, Lisk, Krokoda and Hydrar?
Do the Kthones have any form of god worship? Do they simply pray to Atalantes gods becuase they are the only ones they would have known of? Or have they contrasted their own religion? Or dare I say they beileve in nothing?
Thanks
James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Of Kthones and Atalantes

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 am

Crazyguy501 wrote:So a couple of question related to their background,
We know that Ophois along with a bunch of others managed to incite a rebellion which helped break a good majority of the slave population amongst the Gorgons, Kroks, Savra, Hydra and Khelon away from the chains of the Atalantes. (I’m led to believe the Liska were already roaming free at this point?)

Not quite right, they never really got on well with being slaves so weren't ever reliable as such...

Crazyguy501 wrote:However what was the final straw to push these events to happen? Did an event occur or was it slowly building pressure and momentum under the surface?

I'm loath to give too much detail on such events but there was a final straw, yes. This being Darklands, it has to do with rape and murder...

Crazyguy501 wrote:So Ophios seems to be very powerful which is reflected on his profile, is he the first Gorgon made? Or was he the first ‘sucessful’ Gorgon made?

No, he wasn't the first nor the last, he was just a very intelligent one and a very old one...

Crazyguy501 wrote:Does Gorgon creation stop at 60m size? As there are larger snakes beasts out there, has there been no attempt to form bigger ‘stock’ of Gorgons? (I could almost imagine a mad Gorgon out their very reflective of Typhon)

There are larger snake beasts (i.e., like Gorgonar), yes, but no larger Gorgons...

Crazyguy501 wrote:Does each race have a leader as such to represent their race? Clearly Ophios and Sthena represent the Gorgons and gorgors but is there anyone of note amongst, Savra, Lisk, Krokoda and Hydrar?

Yeah, for sure, but I've not got around to those yet. Bear in mind the more animalistic ones don't really have a "leader" as such - the Krokodar and Khelonar are happy to bimble along with Ophios...

Crazyguy501 wrote:Do the Kthones have any form of god worship? Do they simply pray to Atalantes gods becuase they are the only ones they would have known of? Or have they contrasted their own religion? Or dare I say they beileve in nothing?

They believe in nothing, after what they've endured. They acknowledge that the other gods exist, or at least that other beings believe in them, but they don't have any truck with gods. Except for the Lískar, who have their own esoteric beliefs.

Cheers
Rob
deadlydeceiver

Postby deadlydeceiver » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:50 pm

Rob Lane wrote: Except for the Lískar, who have their own esoteric beliefs.

Intriguing... are you willing to elaborate? :mrgreen:
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:21 am

Rob Lane wrote:I'm loath to give too much detail on such events but there was a final straw, yes. This being Darklands, it has to do with rape and murder...
Rob

Those lusty argoni... kthnonian maids.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:33 am

Icchan wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:I'm loath to give too much detail on such events but there was a final straw, yes. This being Darklands, it has to do with rape and murder...
Rob

Those lusty argoni... kthnonian maids.

Considering that most of the Khthones are Snake people and three times the size of an Atalantian Warrior is that even possible past a bit of two handed Busom Fondling.. :lol:

Then again you have the scaly Savra, but surely chaffing would dampen even the randiest Atalantian Warriors desires... :shock:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:56 pm

deadlydeceiver wrote:Intriguing... are you willing to elaborate? :mrgreen:

The only thing I'm really willing to say is that they are, to all intents and purposes, aliens...

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Rob Lane wrote:
deadlydeceiver wrote:Intriguing... are you willing to elaborate? :mrgreen:

The only thing I'm really willing to say is that they are, to all intents and purposes, aliens...

Cheers
Rob

i wondered when they were gonna show up... :lol: :roll:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Aren't the Atalantians themselves, technically, aliens?
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:17 pm

Icchan wrote:Aren't the Atalantians themselves, technically, aliens?

I wonder if they flew around in giant vivariums, a Khthone's worst nightmare?
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 am

One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100

Return to “Darklands Lore”