Mustering Norse

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Nurgle

Mustering Norse

Postby Nurgle » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Two quick questions:

1. Yfirthurs:

Troll Champions gain +1 Attack Dice (Two Cleavers). What does (Two Cleavers) mean? He only gets +1 AD only if he has two cleavers or he is equipped with two cleavers even if the rest of the unit has theirs replaced with two-handed cleavers?

2. How does the Vísi gets to 53 C+A? Looks like the Armour was added to the Might instead of Constitution.
LOAD "DARKLANDS" ,8,1
SEARCHING FOR DARKLANDS
READY
Nurgle

Re: Mustering Norse

Postby Nurgle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Too bad, but it seems that rules questions have to be asked in the Kickstarters Comments to be answered. :cry:
LOAD "DARKLANDS" ,8,1
SEARCHING FOR DARKLANDS
READY
razormage

Postby razormage » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:19 pm

The +1 attack dice only applies to the dice he gets for his Two Cleavers attacks. The clarification just specifies which attack gets the boost. As a follow-on, the muster rules specify that a unit must all be equipped the same. It's probably an oversight if it's supposed to apply to his other weapon options as well. The C+A math issue was also probably just an oversight.
--Ryan Smith
Blog: http://thebeerwaaagh.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @beerwaaagh
Nurgle

Postby Nurgle » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:51 pm

So you're saying that the Troll Champion only gains the extra dice when he's wielding two cleavers. That's how I would read it in the rules too.

Only that would make champions in units equipped with two-handed cleavers obsolete, which would be a poor gamedesign choice in my eyes.
LOAD "DARKLANDS" ,8,1
SEARCHING FOR DARKLANDS
READY
razormage

Postby razormage » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:27 pm

My guess would be that the extra dice is preserved if you buy a weapon or upgrade that has Replace (Two Cleavers). It may not be written that way, but I'd imaging that's the intent.
--Ryan Smith
Blog: http://thebeerwaaagh.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @beerwaaagh
Cincydooley

Postby Cincydooley » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:26 pm

1. Troll Champs are going to get that +1 to the attack simply on the merits of being a Troll Champion. The Champion STARTS with two cleavers, but can be upgraded to having a two handed cleaver. So:

A Troll Champion with 2 Cleavers gets 6 Attacks.

A Troll Champion with a Two Handed Cleaver gets 5 Attacks.

2. I think you're right that it's a typo. The Visi with Heavy Armor should have a C+A of 44.

My question would actually be whether or not additonal armor pieces get added to the standard armor C+A. In the Visi instance, would the C+A for a shield bearing Visi with light armor be 46 (Light Armor C+A of 36 + Additional Shield Armor of 10 = 44) or would it simply be 38? That's a little sticky to me, as the "additional" work implies to me it would add together. Maybe the intent is that the shield actually only grants a +2 to the A value, but also grants the additional parry dice?
jereme

Postby jereme » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:17 pm

Having done a bunch of math on the profiles, it appears that all of a warriors armor values stack: natural, armour, and shield. There are typos throughout the draft/living profiles, but that seems to be the general rule.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”