Some rule question

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
hdma

Some rule question

Postby hdma » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:22 am

Hi all,
i have a few question about spell and baleful gaze of liskar

1) if a buff spell, like "Bask" of the savrargos, is cast with 2 successful result do i add the effect 2 time on the same unit or 1 time on two different unit? Is that the same for debuff spell, like "bleed" of the gorgor?

2)If i cast a offensive focus spell, like "Quake" of Ophios, can i target ALL enemy model in range or just one? Or can i split the power dice among different target?

3)If a Liskarchon hit 3 times with his "Baleful Gaze" the target model must pass 3 constitution test?

Sorry for bad english

Cheers

Marco
hdma

Re: Some rule question

Postby hdma » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Any advice to my question MM? I'll have a game tomorrow and i need those answers
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:18 am

Sorry Marco! Majorly busy at the moment. Here's your answers though...

hdma wrote:1) if a buff spell, like "Bask" of the savrargos, is cast with 2 successful result do i add the effect 2 time on the same unit or 1 time on two different unit? Is that the same for debuff spell, like "bleed" of the gorgor?

No; you just have two invoke dice to ensure that it works. Focus invocations only work once, unless described otherwise in the text.

hdma wrote:2)If i cast a offensive focus spell, like "Quake" of Ophios, can i target ALL enemy model in range or just one? Or can i split the power dice among different target?

Just one - again, you get four dice to invoke successfully, and you must choose one unit within Focus Range to be the Marked unit.

hdma wrote:3)If a Liskarchon hit 3 times with his "Baleful Gaze" the target model must pass 3 constitution test?

No; "If the Baleful Gaze Shoot action results in a shot die, the petrified warrior must immediately take a CONSTITUTION TEST, in this case a PETRIFICATION TEST."

Effectively, you have three shot dice to ensure the Lískarchon hits the target, and as long as you have hit with one of those shot dice, that enemy takes a CONSTITUTION TEST. I'll make sure this is clear though, it's possibly ambiguous.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
hdma

Postby hdma » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:56 am

hdma wrote:
2)If i cast a offensive focus spell, like "Quake" of Ophios, can i target ALL enemy model in range or just one? Or can i split the power dice among different target?

Just one - again, you get four dice to invoke successfully, and you must choose one unit within Focus Range to be the Marked unit

If the invoke is succefull, how many damage dice are generated?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:06 pm

hdma wrote:

hdma wrote:

Just one - again, you get four dice to invoke successfully, and you must choose one unit within Focus Range to be the Marked unit

If the invoke is succefull, how many damage dice are generated?

My apologies - Quake is also a damage Focus invocation, so however many dice hit, that's your damage dice.

In my defence, my brain is rather frazzled at the moment...

Cheers
hdma

Postby hdma » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:52 pm

I've just seen the Q&A video and there is something i'm surely missing for the Issue new order action.

The QS rulebook quote:
If the order test is failed, the ordered unit or ordered commander ignore the new order and continue the battle under their previous order.

In the video is answered that if the general fail the test, the unit can't act for that hour.

Which is correct?
Can i Issue new order to any unit or only to ready unit (unit that doesn't act in that hour)?
deadlydeceiver

Postby deadlydeceiver » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Hey hdma,

it's always safe to consider that the rules are right and not the videos (which are also quite old by now and might refer to previous versions of the rules).
So the ordered unit just ignores the order (and doesn't become weary or whatever)

As per page 39 first paragraph on the right you can only issue orders to lively units (those that haven't been activated that hour).

Hope that helps.

DD
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”