Formoraic 2k Battle host. updated for new musters!

For discussion of Fomoraic hosts and their strategies and tactics
Skull king

Formoraic 2k Battle host. updated for new musters!

Postby Skull king » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:09 am

Well, this is my first time trying to build a host for Darklands. So if anyone could give it a quick check to make sure it's done correctly (or at least close), that would ROCK! This was tough one, as I had the gold from Naara to be an Untain, but the Ubiquity forced me to make her a Tain.

Formoraic 2k Gold Battle host
Ubiquity requirements 1+M, 0/8C, 0/6Uc, 2R, 1My, 1Unique

Naara - Tain Warchief - Common (2) - General?
Axes of the Ice, Bow of the Ice
96 Gold

Mammax (SnufflefuckUup) - Tain Warchief - Uncommon (2)
Mail & Plate
299 Gold

Tarvax - Tain Warchief - Uncommon
mail & Plate
140 Gold

Gabrax Warlock (Goatdolf the Bray) - Warchief - Uncommon
Dark Stone
76 Gold

10 x Gabrax - Common
Mail & Plate, Gultain, Tusk Bearer, Horn Blower
322 Gold

5 x Tarvax (Baalor's Bully Boys) - Mainstay (thanks to Tarvax Tain)
Beaten Armor, Gultain, Tusk bearer
439 Gold

Tarvox - Rare
442 Gold

Feleox - Uncommon (2)
173 Gold

In terms of Authority I was thinking the command structure would look like this,

Naara (general) + Feleox

Gabrax Warlock + Gabrax unit

Tarvax Tain + Tarvax unit + Tarvox

Mammax solo badass

Does this work? Should I change anything? No idea if this is a tactically viable list, just trying my hand at making one. I've definitely learned that Ubiquity and authority play a large part in your list building.

I'm currently trying to get this crew painted up this month. All Tarvax are finished, so I will be posting them on here soon!
Last edited by Skull king on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathon Chester

Re: Formoraic 2k Battle host.

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:32 am

Looks a reasonable list won't be overpowered but some nice balance there. I would suggest maybe mustering the mammax under the general as this doesn't take up any authority and as you were going solo anyway this allows later deployment
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Skull king

Postby Skull king » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 am

:arrow:
Jonathon Chester wrote:Looks a reasonable list won't be overpowered but some nice balance there. I would suggest maybe mustering the mammax under the general as this doesn't take up any authority and as you were going solo anyway this allows later deployment

Thanks Jonathan!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around authority, I think both the feleox and mammax should fit in Naara's authority allotment. What is the advantage of the mammax being under her, versus running around as his own command? I was also considering giving the tarvox to the mammax, instead of keeping him with all the Tarvax, but I'm not sure if that would be better or worse for him.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:06 pm

Skull king wrote::arrow:
Jonathon Chester wrote:Looks a reasonable list won't be overpowered but some nice balance there. I would suggest maybe mustering the mammax under the general as this doesn't take up any authority and as you were going solo anyway this allows later deployment

Thanks Jonathan!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around authority, I think both the feleox and mammax should fit in Naara's authority allotment. What is the advantage of the mammax being under her, versus running around as his own command? I was also considering giving the tarvox to the mammax, instead of keeping him with all the Tarvax, but I'm not sure if that would be better or worse for him.

If you take the Mammax under Naara's command he doesnt take up any authority as you can muster as many characters as you want under a commander they just cant join units. This will benefit you as it means you can deploy the Mammax as late as possible as he is a heavy hitter and you'll want him in the right spot to bring the pain. TBH keeping the tarvax and tarvox together is one of those things that looks themey but depends how you want to run the list as it makes little difference to many factors just about when you deploy him really. SO in all its probably a moot point where ever you stick him. If you have the Mammax on his own and his authority is higher it may be worth putting the Tarvox under him to possibly deploy later. I'd suggest using the list a few times with swapping stuff around and seeing what feels best to yourself. Hope this helps :)
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Rob Boyce

Postby Rob Boyce » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Just a small point, but you can't actually have a commander without a command anyway, so the Mammax will need to go under one of the other commanders (or one of the units will have to move into his command)
Skull king

Postby Skull king » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:33 pm

Well, thanks to the new rules today, this list has taken a bit of a hit. I had a nice easy work around for the ubiquity requirements, but other rules are bogging it down a bit.

I realized that I'd have to drop the Mammox tain, as he wasn't really there for any purpose other than that I wanted a Mammox in my army.

I figured I'd add in a unit of 10 Warriors of Baalor for Naara to command, then a Gabrax Tain (on Goorax) to bring the Gabrax to mainstay, and I'd be set. But a pesky little rule which restricts a Tarvax untain or tain from making a unit of Tarvax mainstay unless they are the army's general has really thrown a wrench in things. If I'm reading the musters breakdown correctly, there's a conflict in that without being the general the Tain of Baalor's (Naara's) authority of 84 being higher than the Tarvax untain general's authority of 77, means that she must be an 'individual', and therefore may not have a command of her own. I assume that this means that the unit of Warriors of Baalor cannot be given mainstay status by her, since to get it they'd have to be under her command, correct?

Of course I could just 'not take her', or say she's a Reiver tain, take a 10 man unit of reivers, instead of the Warriors of Baalor, and be done with it, but I was hoping to find a better solution, with models which I currently have.

If I'm missing something here, please let me know.

Thanks for any help!
Skull king

Postby Skull king » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:40 am

Ok, sat down and reconfigured. Here's what I came up with.

Tarvax Tain - General - 129 gold - Uncommon
Mail & Plate

5 x Tarvax - 325 gold - Mainstay ( thanks to Tarvax tain general)
Beaten armor, Free Champ & Standard

Tarvox - 446 gold - Rare

Moraine Sorcerer - 162 gold - Rare

Gabrax Tain - 100 gold - Common
Mail & Plate, Goorax

Gabrax Warlock - 58 gold - Uncommon

10 x Gabrax - 220 Gold - Mainstay (thanks to gabrax tain)
free full command

Gabrox - 87 gold - Common (thanks to gabrax tain)
beaten armor

Reiver Tain - 57 gold - Common
Helm, shield, bow

12 x Reivers - 192 gold - Mainstay (thanks to Reiver tain)
Bows, Free full command

Feleox - 160 gold - Uncommon (2)

Reiver Witch - 53 gold - Uncommon

= 1989 gold

Look ok? Any thoughts?
Lesrac

Re: Formoraic 2k Battle host. updated for new musters!

Postby Lesrac » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:26 am

Just about building the list:
Moraine Sorcerer, Gabrax Warlock and Reiver Witch can't be members of the chosen Commands, because their authority would be to high. They need to be their own commanders or you could build a command with the Gabrax Warlock as Commander and the Moraine Sorcerer as a Member (at least I think that it works that way).

The Gabrax Warlock and the Reiver Witch need to buy an Invocation, because of rule 1.1.4.4.4 Invocation Options in the Muster Rules: Almost all Sorcerers have invocation options as they must purchase at least one invocation, unless they already have an invocation on their warrior profile.
Dave Fraser

Postby Dave Fraser » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:56 am

The latest muster rules allow you to hire characters as individuals, I've not looked at the exact wording but would that enable you to fit them in?
Skull king

Postby Skull king » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:58 am

@Lesrac - nobles can be mustered under a warchief or warlord, and their authority does not count towards the command authority of the general or commander. In the musters list its in section 1-1-4-1-2 'nobles & Units'. If you look at one of the earlier posts in this thread, Jonathon Chester actually Explains it well, in regards to my old list.

I did not know that I had to purchase my spells though... Looks like I have some work ahead of me. :oops:
Lesrac

Postby Lesrac » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:20 am

Thanks for the clarification, must have skipped 1.1.4.1.2

Return to “Fomoraic”