How do you make Carrowek even more badass?

For Kickstarter related discussion and chatter
Tim Fisher

How do you make Carrowek even more badass?

Postby Tim Fisher » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:37 pm

You stick him on a horse of course!

The mounted version of carrowek arrived at Mierce HQ yesterday, and to say we were excited is an under-statement. We were like a group of teenage girls at a Bieber concert! (must be those muscles!)

Stephane Simon continues to stun and impress in equal measure. I've already moulded up the sculpt, (it was in rubber within a couple of hours of me signing the UPS package, a record!) cut the moulds and the first casts are running off erm......now!

Should have a cast assembled tomorrow (will need to make some masters before we run production) so hopefully some pics sooner rather than later.

Some further Drune progress - the Ax Drune unit is moulded up and in production, as are the Drune Archers. (again update pics when we get a mo)

Stephane Simon has already started work on Mandred and some early WiPs have appeared in our inbox. Will post a WiP update when there's something more substantial to show you all.

We're busy bunnies -now that the KS money has arrived there's a couple of hundred kilos of resin in our workshop at the mo - all waiting to be turned into awesome casts for you lot.

People who opted for available minis to be shipped early will see stuff shipping by the end of this week and early next week (we've already shipped some last week).

Tarvax will arrive next week, as will Glaun and the final Dyndraig. Sronax will arrive with the Trolls in a couple of weeks.

It's all go!
zedmeister

Re: How do you make Carrowek even more badass?

Postby zedmeister » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Go go go go go! Resin goodness incoming... Excellent news and I'm assuming that means that April is still a good estimate for delivery of some of the starters?

And whats this about something substantial? :P
gusmil

Postby gusmil » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Intressting.. lets see what im missinf out on! :3
What if the moon was cheese... Then the valid question comes up. What taste would it be?
grefven

Postby grefven » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:32 pm

Really looking forward to the pictures of the miniatures (the WIP in particular). :)
bloodwars

Postby bloodwars » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:03 pm

this is one of the fastest turn arounds i've seen on KS. I mean, we've already had people assemble and paint a bunch of quick ship models and now it looks like some of the starters are ready to go ;).

Thanks! I look forward to my trolls... and dragon!
Dan d'Lyon

Postby Dan d'Lyon » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:32 pm

I know a lot of people that are regretting their decision to not back this project now. So glad I'm not one of them. :D
mannyuk99

Postby mannyuk99 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:14 am

Yeah, I think the next KS will really go big, especially if this one keeps all the time schedules that are currently planned for
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Dan - if they really are regretting it, tell them to get in touch and I'll give them access. I don't want people to miss out because of timing!

Cheers
Dan d'Lyon

Postby Dan d'Lyon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:00 pm

I told them to get in touch, but I'm not sure how many might have. One I know for sure did, but no idea about anyone else.

Return to “Darklands Kickstarter Projects”