Darklands: Distant Hoofbeats (international campaign)

For news and announcement posts from the Mierce team.
razormage

Darklands: Distant Hoofbeats (international campaign)

Postby razormage » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:39 am

Everyone,
After a lot of talking, a month of playtesting, and the final blessing from the folks at Mierce Towers, I've decided to draw upon my experience running Grand Tournaments and narrative campaigns and volunteered to run the first ever international Darklands campaign!

I bring you: Darklands: Distant Hoofbeats!

Since the rulebooks will soon be in our grubby little hands, I've decided to start the campaign next Saturday, the 23rd of April. Each week for five weeks, there will be a new scenario available to be played. The basic gist is that you play the scenario for that week with a friend, go back to the website, and enter your results there. The site will keep track of how well each kindred does, with bonuses for things like playing a game against the same kindred every week (campaign style), having both players turn in the results, and so on.

At the end of the campaign, and as an incentive for all of you to support your kindreds, the fine fellows at Mierce have agreed that whatever kindred is declared the winner will be at (or at least near) the front of the line for the rumoured Cavalry Kickstarter much later this summer! That's right, the winner of the campaign is not a player, but an entire kindred!

Each player is limited to turning in one score each week for a given kindred, to keep from having one or two players who really love their kindred from dominating the results. I look forward to seeing this thing play out, and being a part of it!

I owe a big thank you to the guys at Mierce, for helping me playtest the scenarios, providing me with artwork to decorate the page, and especially for agreeing to support the kindred that wins in a way that doesn't change the world of Darklands, but does make the campaign mean something!

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Ryan

UPDATE: Week One is underway! The scenario can be downloaded at http://alamofantasygt.com/darklands/pdf/Scenario1-ScoutingParty.pdf and results can be turned in here. The "winners" for the first week will be determined about 1AM GMT on Saturday morning, when scoring will open for Scenario 2! However, to make things easier for stragglers, I'll keep the scoring for Scenario 1 open until 1AM GMT Sunday. It won't affect who won the first week, but could still impact who wins the campaign!
Last edited by razormage on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Ryan Smith
Blog: http://thebeerwaaagh.blogspot.com/
Twitter: @beerwaaagh
Rob Boyce

Re: Darklands: Distant Hoofbeats (international campaign)

Postby Rob Boyce » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:25 am

Ryan this sounds awesome! Any idea what size the games will be? Would love to get involved but only players near me are very new so my best shot at it would be small games
Phil Winstanley

Postby Phil Winstanley » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:36 am

Awesome :)
razormage

Postby razormage » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:28 am

It's designed to start at 499 gold and build, escalation style, but if you and your opponent can't quite reach the gold value recommended for a game, who am I to say you can't play it?
--Ryan Smith
Alex (ÉgB)

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:03 am

This is a great idea, if I had more than one force at the moment I'd be getting a friend/the Mrs to play so we could take part!
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
staggerlee

Postby staggerlee » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Great job! Too bad I can't participate, since i dont have anyone to play with until july. But please let the scenarios be available after the campaign, as I rather play scenarios than just kill em all battles.
Lesrac

Postby Lesrac » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Really like the idea and the first scenario sounds fun. I will try to participate.

PS: The link under http://www.alamofantasygt.com/darklands/rules.php to the scouting rules is broken (ends in Week1-ScoutingParty.pdf instead of Scenario1-ScoutingParty.pdf)
hdma

Postby hdma » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:03 am

Great idea!
I think i can partecipate with my battlebrothers, i will spread the word!!!

Yes the link of the scenario is broken :(
Dan Pratt

Postby Dan Pratt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:08 pm

I love this. We'll be playing in Kent, OH
James Harding

Postby James Harding » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Will try and get some of the guys here in to join in to.
Dan Pratt

Postby Dan Pratt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:52 pm

The Angelcynn Forboda profile for use as the messenger for scenario 1 is not available in the public Angelcynn v1.21 muster. Maybe add the stats to the page?
razormage

Postby razormage » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:17 pm

Dan,
Hopefully you saw the scenario update before you got your game in. Site is LIVE and we had three battles get reported yesterday! Results for this week can be turned in until Saturday; on Saturday there will be a separate week to the Week 1 result page, and the Week 2 result page.
Right now the logic that is supposed to sort the kindreds by who's in the lead is broken; I'll try to get it fixed tonight. With only a few games in so far, hopefully it's not too hard to see who's ahead!
--Ryan Smith
Lesrac

Postby Lesrac » Sun May 01, 2016 8:47 am

The Brythoniaid are rushing ahead, who will stop them?

Return to “News and Announcements”