Dead Warriors: Objects, Obstacles & Tokens

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dan Pratt

Dead Warriors: Objects, Obstacles & Tokens

Postby Dan Pratt » Wed May 04, 2016 5:31 pm

Dead warrior objects are to be represented with an "object strength equal to the dead warrior's strength exactly where his base was" (2.7.3.3.2)

Does this translate to tokens whose diameters match strength in terms of base size as outlined in 2.3.3.5.1? For example the battlefield should be littered with tokens ranging from 30mm to 120mm in diameter to represent dead warriors of various strengths?

We only need to worry about strength 6+(80mm+) dead warriors robbing us of movement as obstacles (3.8.5.5.2) or blocking LOS (3.7.4.3.1) and with block strengths equal to 1/2 strength in both cases, correct?

For example, if a strength 1 (30mm) warrior wants to scramble over a dead strength 12 warrior , they need at lease 6" (block strength) + approx 4.75" (actual base diameter of dead warrior) + approx. 1.25" (enough from moving warrior's base to clear obstacle) = approx 12" to successfully clear the obstacle (maybe he should go around!). Is this right?

If the above is true, I can see how token size would matter regarding movement, being clipped by a LOS positioning laser, or measuring proximity for Grab action.

Will Mierce create dead warrior tokens in the future?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Dead Warriors: Objects, Obstacles & Tokens

Postby Rob Lane » Wed May 04, 2016 10:59 pm

Yes we will...

Cheers
Rob
Rob Boyce

Re: Dead Warriors: Objects, Obstacles & Tokens

Postby Rob Boyce » Thu May 05, 2016 6:01 am

Think this is one of those rules that I will leave until I have a complete grasp of the other rules but I did buy a whole load of spare bases to use as counters

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”