Understand correctly the rules !

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
smeagol98

Understand correctly the rules !

Postby smeagol98 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:19 am

Hello all ! I need your help for the rules now and certainly for the future because english is not my native language.
yesterday we played to Darklands and we had some problems with the Dive rules. So can you answear to my questions please ?

- a Hrafnmann unit was Circling and decide to dive and slash into a Brute unit.
- This dive and slash action is en Engagement ?
- The brute can do a Réaction (except a counter-engage reaction) ?
- Every Hrafnmann warrior can choose the Brute warrior to Attack ? for example all the Hrafnmann warriors ca Attack against the same Grute warrior or against a noble in the brute unit ?
- After all the Hrafnmann warrior attacks, the Brute unit can make a Reflex Attack Reaction ? Against wich Hrafnmann warrior ? warriros with lowest strenght can make reflex attack reaction ?

In other words can you explain me exactly step by step, with an example if you prefer, (I know there is the Dive Sequence Sumary) the way to make correctly a Dive and Slash action, I think it would be easier for us to understand the rules

Thank you for your help
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Understand correctly the rules !

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:13 am

smeagol98 wrote:Hello all ! I need your help for the rules now and certainly for the future because english is not my native language.
yesterday we played to Darklands and we had some problems with the Dive rules. So can you answear to my questions please ?

- a Hrafnmann unit was Circling and decide to dive and slash into a Brute unit.
- This dive and slash action is en Engagement ?

Yes.

smeagol98 wrote:- The brute can do a Réaction (except a counter-engage reaction) ?

Correct.

smeagol98 wrote:- Every Hrafnmann warrior can choose the Brute warrior to Attack ? for example all the Hrafnmann warriors ca Attack against the same Grute warrior or against a noble in the brute unit ?

Yes, they could go for the Brutes or the Noble (remember that all the Brutes are the same, and the wounded warrior takes the damage) - just pick out warriors of a different skill and might (so the noble).

smeagol98 wrote:- After all the Hrafnmann warrior attacks, the Brute unit can make a Reflex Attack Reaction ? Against wich Hrafnmann warrior ? warriros with lowest strenght can make reflex attack reaction ?

Yes, and any of the Hrafnmann warriors in the same way as the Hrafnmenn can attack any of the Brute warriors. 6.16.7 - Dived Unit's Reaction is what you need to read.

smeagol98 wrote:In other words can you explain me exactly step by step, with an example if you prefer, (I know there is the Dive Sequence Sumary) the way to make correctly a Dive and Slash action, I think it would be easier for us to understand the rules

Thank you for your help

Hope that helps!

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:39 pm

If the Dive action is an Engagement, do I have to put the miniatures on the table for a Dive and slash action ? or it is not necessary because after there is a linked Soar action ?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:58 pm

smeagol98 wrote:If the Dive action is an Engagement, do I have to put the miniatures on the table for a Dive and slash action ? or it is not necessary because after there is a linked Soar action ?

No, not at all.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”