questions

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
smeagol98

questions

Postby smeagol98 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:17 am

Hi, I have a lot of questions to ask ! Maybe some of them will be stupid but as I am french I prefer ask them and don't make mistake when I play the game.

- Is it possible for a commander to issue new orders to his command's units without the general ? and is it possible for the general to issue new orders to a unit of another command ?

- Resolute is an exult state but there are no resolute tokens, so do we have to consider them for the different modifiers and apply the -1 modifier ?

- Is it possible for a warrior to choose only one unite to Inspire or Daunt if there are several in his range ?

- A frenzied unit that cannot see enemies can fly where she wants or towards the nearest ennemi unit ?

- A unit decide to do a Trample action but there is an ennemi or friendly unit on hi spath. Is this friendly or enemy unit is also a victim of the Trample action (and suffer the impact, charge and trample attacks) or is only a mouved through unit ?

- When you talk about the charge+ attacks, it is for the weapons that have a chareg+ value on the warrior's profil ? or also for something else ?

- Can you explain me or rephrase this sentence "The Marked unit also gains an additional 2D10 corruption effect tokens, attached to each Different Mark's wounded warrior first." Specially the end of it.

- A unit with a fly attribute but without the soarer capacity can engage a circling unit ?

- A circling warrior engage an enemi unit but becomes immobile (because of the enemi unit's reaction) what's going on ?

- Do a feral unit that is not frenzied must pass a valour test ?

- When the charge move of a Charge action is done, we have to make a Charge Attack action. What is a Charge Attack action exactly ? because in the Combat Sequence, it is only a part of the sequence. So when a unit charge, does she have to do only theses attacks ? there is no table in the Charge action to explain that (unlike to the Trample or Slam action that have a linked action table)

- a unit charge into a enemi unit, if she can attack with all of her weapons, do she have to apply the -1 charge strike modifier to all of his attacks or only to his weapon with a charge+ value ?

- How friendly unit can be trample by a unit ?

- A monster decide to slam an ennemi unit containing several warriors :
> is it possible for him to slam several warrios ?
> if 3 warriors, for example, are slammed, every warrior is slam backward ?
> the constitution of a slammed warrior that have a greater strengh is calculate before or after the slam damage he suffer ?
> what happen if the slamming warrior failed the constitution test
> for being Triomphant the slamming unit must destroy all the warrior of the ennemi unit or only the slammed one ?

- If the slammed warrior has the same strengh of the callaterally slammed warrior, there is no fated strikes ?

Thanks for your help. I think there will be others questions later finding by playing the game.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: questions

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:11 pm

smeagol98 wrote:Hi, I have a lot of questions to ask ! Maybe some of them will be stupid but as I am french I prefer ask them and don't make mistake when I play the game.

No, always ask! It's always better to ask than misunderstand.

smeagol98 wrote:- Is it possible for a commander to issue new orders to his command's units without the general ?

No; commanders do as they are told by their general. Commanders cannot issue new orders.

smeagol98 wrote:and is it possible for the general to issue new orders to a unit of another command ?

Yes, the general is the boss! He can always issue new orders to any unit in his host if they are within his command range. If they're not within his command range, he must send a message to that unit's commander. See page 274/275/276/277 for details.

smeagol98 wrote:- Resolute is an exult state but there are no resolute tokens, so do we have to consider them for the different modifiers and apply the -1 modifier ?

Resolute is the basic state of any unit, so doesn't have tokens. So no, you don't apply -1 for being resolute.

smeagol98 wrote:- Is it possible for a warrior to choose only one unite to Inspire or Daunt if there are several in his range ?

No. It's all of them.

smeagol98 wrote:- A frenzied unit that cannot see enemies can fly where she wants or towards the nearest ennemi unit ?

Towards the nearest enemy unit - see page 147, Fly Action, and the paragraph "6.5.2.2 - Under ATTACK orders". If a Flying unit can't see an enemy unit, Flyers under ATTACK orders can only Change Direction so that their head marks are
facing an enemy unit they cannot see. As they can't Change Direction away from an enemy unit, they have to Fly towards it.

smeagol98 wrote:- A unit decide to do a Trample action but there is an ennemi or friendly unit on hi spath. Is this friendly or enemy unit is also a victim of the Trample action (and suffer the impact, charge and trample attacks) or is only a mouved through unit ?

If the unit in its path is friendly, it's just a Moved Through Unit; if it's an enemy, it is Trampled.

smeagol98 wrote:- When you talk about the charge+ attacks, it is for the weapons that have a chareg+ value on the warrior's profil ? or also for something else ?

Yes.

smeagol98 wrote:- Can you explain me or rephrase this sentence "The Marked unit also gains an additional 2D10 corruption effect tokens, attached to each Different Mark's wounded warrior first." Specially the end of it.

First, see p262, 6.40.5.7.2 - Different Mark. That basically means that if the unit has warriors with different profiles (such as a noble within a unit of infantry) the invocation must be applied to them separately. So, in this case, the noble would get some of those corruption effect tokens, and the unit's wounded warrior would get some too. Which invocation are we talking about here, so I can check the wording?

smeagol98 wrote:- A unit with a fly attribute but without the soarer capacity can engage a circling unit ?

No, I'm afraid not. If the flying unit can't Soar, it can't engage a Circling unit...

smeagol98 wrote:- A circling warrior engage an enemi unit but becomes immobile (because of the enemi unit's reaction) what's going on ?

Basically, the Circling warrior falls out of the sky... it can happen because of an invocation, for example!

smeagol98 wrote:- Do a feral unit that is not frenzied must pass a valour test ?

Yes, unless it's Fearsome or Terrifying itself.

smeagol98 wrote:- When the charge move of a Charge action is done, we have to make a Charge Attack action. What is a Charge Attack action exactly ? because in the Combat Sequence, it is only a part of the sequence. So when a unit charge, does she have to do only theses attacks ? there is no table in the Charge action to explain that (unlike to the Trample or Slam action that have a linked action table)

Simply put, a Charge Attack action gives each attack from the Charging unit good modifiers - i.e., the Charging unit is at -1 to hit (easier to hit the enemy), and adds +1 to the enemy's parry roll (so making it harder for them to parry because of the charger's momentum).

smeagol98 wrote:- a unit charge into a enemi unit, if she can attack with all of her weapons, do she have to apply the -1 charge strike modifier to all of his attacks or only to his weapon with a charge+ value ?

All of her weapons; the Charge+ weapons get additional benefits (i.e., that weapon is nastier when the warrior holding it is Charging).

smeagol98 wrote:- How friendly unit can be trample by a unit ?

Well, it can only be Moved Through...? Is that what you mean?

smeagol98 wrote:- A monster decide to slam an ennemi unit containing several warriors :
> is it possible for him to slam several warrios ?

Yes, as long as he is in base contact with them.

smeagol98 wrote: > if 3 warriors, for example, are slammed, every warrior is slam backward ?

Yes, although it may prove difficult to get them all in base contact.

smeagol98 wrote: > the constitution of a slammed warrior that have a greater strengh is calculate before or after the slam damage he suffer ?

Before.

smeagol98 wrote: > what happen if the slamming warrior failed the constitution test

For this purpose of this test, the Slamming warrior is also a Slammed warrior.

smeagol98 wrote: > for being Triomphant the slamming unit must destroy all the warrior of the ennemi unit or only the slammed one ?

Every Slammed warrior - see p178, Slammed and Destroyed.

smeagol98 wrote:- If the slammed warrior has the same strengh of the callaterally slammed warrior, there is no fated strikes ?

Correct.

smeagol98 wrote:Thanks for your help. I think there will be others questions later finding by playing the game.

No problem, just ask!

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks for you quick answear Rob !

For the valour test in the rulebook it's written :
"If the Engaging unit:
· Acuity: is not Fanatical, Feral or Mindless"

but a feral unit can be not frenzied, no ?

My question about a friendly unit trampled is because in the rulebook in the section 6.13.4.5 Frenzied Trampling Unites we can read : "frenzied trampling units will perform trample attacks against both friendly and ennemy units."

The invocation I was talking about for the repharse is "Sweet Corruption" in the ysian kindred.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:31 am

smeagol98 wrote:Thanks for you quick answear Rob !

For the valour test in the rulebook it's written :
"If the Engaging unit:
· Acuity: is not Fanatical, Feral or Mindless"

but a feral unit can be not frenzied, no ?

Correct, but they're still crazy.

smeagol98 wrote:My question about a friendly unit trampled is because in the rulebook in the section 6.13.4.5 Frenzied Trampling Unites we can read : "frenzied trampling units will perform trample attacks against both friendly and ennemy units."

Well if that's what the rule book says, then yes, they get Trampled over.

smeagol98 wrote:The invocation I was talking about for the repharse is "Sweet Corruption" in the ysian kindred.

I'll have a proper look and see if anything needs changing there.

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:01 am

Hi, here is a new list of questions:

- A Hrafnmann unit perform a dive and slash action on a unit containig 10 Ax-drune and 1 Battle-Drune. May the Hrafnmanns can choose to attack what they want : the Battle-Drune, the Battle-Drune and some ax-Drune or only the Ax-Drune ? If, for example, the Hrafnmann decide to attack only the Battle-Drune, only this warrior can perform an attack reflex reaction or even all the Ax-Drune of the unit that hasn't been attacked ?

- If a unit perform a Dive and Land action it must perform a linked Attack action or a linked Attack Move action after. For example, if a linked Attack Move action is chosen, does it have to make another linked Attack action after the Attack Move (wich is usually the case with the paragraph 6.18.3.1.1) or does it have to only perform the Attack Move and nothing else after ?

- A monstre with several weapons attacks a unit of 10 warriors. The blood tokens are calculated after each weapon attack or once all the weapons have been used to attack ?

- A unit performing an attack reflex reaction against a unit containig 10 warriors and a noble can choose what she want to attack ? only the noble, only the warriors or the noble and the warriors ?

- A Breakthroughing unit fulfils as much of its Breakthrough Move as it can and is deemed to have performed a Charge action against any enemy unit engaged by its warriors. But does it have to be in base contact with the ennemi or with the weapon attack range is enough ?

- A Tarvox engaged by 2 units activates and decides to attack only one of these 2 units. For the attack result do we have to use the tokens of the unit not attacked too for the attack score or only those of the attacked unit ?

- What is the difference between sightless parry and blind parry (because blind parry are is also a sightless parry) ?

- A unit performing a Grab action attacks only with his grab combat weapon ?

- A split shoot is simultaneous or not ? because in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 :"A Shooting unit that splits its shots performs a different Shoot action for each split, but all of the different Shoot actions performed by the Shooting unit are considered to be simultaneous" and in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 : Shooting units that have split their Shooting perform separate Shoot actions that are not simultaneous"

- What is an individual warrior? A noble mustered in a command and having an autority lower than the commander or a noble with the Individual Privilege

- The distinct Mark is only available for the sight invocations because we can choose the warrior we want with a focus invocation ? Is that right ?

- What is the diference between a split invocation/shoot and a separate invocation/shoot ?

- For the invoke result, what is compared to the strenght : the invoked score of the last invocation attempted or the total invoked score of all of the invocations of this activation ?

- Paragraph 6.40.7.3.1 : " Any wounds from invoke damage that are still to be deducted after a warrior dies (called remaining wounds) may carry over to Marked warriors of the same class and SKILL in the Marked unit as long as those individual warriors can be seen by the Invokers that performed the Invoke action (except when they have Invoked into Combat or in the case of any focus activation)" - What is the activation focus ?

Thanks to help me ! :)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:04 am

smeagol98 wrote:Hi, here is a new list of questions:

Apologies for the delay in replying, I've been super busy...

smeagol98 wrote:- A Hrafnmann unit perform a dive and slash action on a unit containig 10 Ax-drune and 1 Battle-Drune. May the Hrafnmanns can choose to attack what they want : the Battle-Drune, the Battle-Drune and some ax-Drune or only the Ax-Drune ?

Yes; see p183, 6.16.5 - Dive and Slash: "...A Diving and Slashing warrior may Dive and Slash any warrior from the Dived units it wishes..."

smeagol98 wrote:If, for example, the Hrafnmann decide to attack only the Battle-Drune, only this warrior can perform an attack reflex reaction or even all the Ax-Drune of the unit that hasn't been attacked ?

Correct - only the Battle-Drune. See p183, 6.16.7, Dived Unit's Reaction - "...only warriors (of the same class and SKILL) that have actually been Dive Slashed...".

smeagol98 wrote:- If a unit perform a Dive and Land action it must perform a linked Attack action or a linked Attack Move action after. For example, if a linked Attack Move action is chosen, does it have to make another linked Attack action after the Attack Move (wich is usually the case with the paragraph 6.18.3.1.1) or does it have to only perform the Attack Move and nothing else after ?

Yes, it would perform the Attack action afterwards, as an Attack Move directly leads to an Attack action. Simply put, the choice is either Attack (if you Land next to an enemy warrior) or Attack Move and then Attack (if you don't Land next to an enemy warrior).

smeagol98 wrote:- A monstre with several weapons attacks a unit of 10 warriors. The blood tokens are calculated after each weapon attack or once all the weapons have been used to attack ?

After each weapon attack. See p205, 6.20.6.3.2 - Attach Blood Tokens.

smeagol98 wrote:- A unit performing an attack reflex reaction against a unit containig 10 warriors and a noble can choose what she want to attack ? only the noble, only the warriors or the noble and the warriors ?

As long as they have attack range and are not restricted by other rules, any combination of noble and warrior.

smeagol98 wrote:- A Breakthroughing unit fulfils as much of its Breakthrough Move as it can and is deemed to have performed a Charge action against any enemy unit engaged by its warriors. But does it have to be in base contact with the ennemi or with the weapon attack range is enough ?

Attack range is fine of course, as they're Engaged, although they wouldn't get to perform any impact strikes in that case. Remember that Wild/Feral monsters must become attack engaged (i.e., base to base contact).

smeagol98 wrote:- A Tarvox engaged by 2 units activates and decides to attack only one of these 2 units. For the attack result do we have to use the tokens of the unit not attacked too for the attack score or only those of the attacked unit ?

Only those of the Attacked unit. The other unit has no bearing on that Combat.

smeagol98 wrote:- What is the difference between sightless parry and blind parry (because blind parry are is also a sightless parry) ?

A sightless parry simply means you're only entitled to use worn armour elements (and your CONSTITUTION) for parrying enemies attacking you in your blind arc.

Blind parry is an upgrade to a sightless parry - you can use the armour element with the "blind parry" rule in your blind arc. For example, shields aren't allowed for a sightless parry, but if that shield has the "blind parry" rule, it can be used so.

smeagol98 wrote:- A unit performing a Grab action attacks only with his grab combat weapon ?

To Grab, yes - his other weapons can still be used to Attack normally, but not to Grab.

smeagol98 wrote:- A split shoot is simultaneous or not ? because in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 :"A Shooting unit that splits its shots performs a different Shoot action for each split, but all of the different Shoot actions performed by the Shooting unit are considered to be simultaneous" and in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 : Shooting units that have split their Shooting perform separate Shoot actions that are not simultaneous"

I can't find that last paragraph you're quoting, can you give me a better reference?

smeagol98 wrote:- What is an individual warrior? A noble mustered in a command and having an autority lower than the commander or a noble with the Individual Privilege

A noble with the Individual privilege.

smeagol98 wrote:- The distinct Mark is only available for the sight invocations because we can choose the warrior we want with a focus invocation ? Is that right ?

Correct.

smeagol98 wrote:- What is the diference between a split invocation/shoot and a separate invocation/shoot ?

A split Invoke/Shoot is a warrior (or unit of warriors with the same class/SKILL) splitting their invoke dice/shoot dice between Marks/Targets; a separate Invoke/Shoot are two completely different warriors invoking and shooting against completely different Marks/Targets.

smeagol98 wrote:- For the invoke result, what is compared to the strenght : the invoked score of the last invocation attempted or the total invoked score of all of the invocations of this activation ?

It's the last invocation attempted. You don't add invocations' invoked scores together; it's laid out this way so that units that Invoke (rather than solitary sorcerers) calculate the invoked scores properly.

smeagol98 wrote:- Paragraph 6.40.7.3.1 : " Any wounds from invoke damage that are still to be deducted after a warrior dies (called remaining wounds) may carry over to Marked warriors of the same class and SKILL in the Marked unit as long as those individual warriors can be seen by the Invokers that performed the Invoke action (except when they have Invoked into Combat or in the case of any focus activation)" - What is the activation focus ?

Ah, a typo, excellent spot. It should say "focus invocation" instead of "focus activation" of course.

smeagol98 wrote:Thanks to help me ! :)

No problem, thanks for asking!

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:53 pm

Thanks for you help Rob !

In this question, "A split shoot is simultaneous or not ? because in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 :"A Shooting unit that splits its shots performs a different Shoot action for each split, but all of the different Shoot actions performed by the Shooting unit are considered to be simultaneous" and in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 : Shooting units that have split their Shooting perform separate Shoot actions that are not simultaneous" I made a mistake for the secong paragraph it isn't 6.30.3.1 but 6.30.3.2 : Perform Shoot Actions in Skill Order.

"only the Battle-Drune. See p183, 6.16.7, Dived Unit's Reaction - "...only warriors (of the same class and SKILL) that have actually been Dive Slashed...". Wow ! the Dive action is really powerfull against noble in units !

For the Grab action if I understand correctly, it is a "classic" Attack action in wich we can grab warriors ?

If it is the invoked score that is compared to the incocation, what is the utility of the total invoked scored noticed in the paragraph 6.40.5.5.4 ?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:56 am

smeagol98 wrote:Thanks for you help Rob !

You're welcome! It's my job!

smeagol98 wrote:In this question, "A split shoot is simultaneous or not ? because in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 :"A Shooting unit that splits its shots performs a different Shoot action for each split, but all of the different Shoot actions performed by the Shooting unit are considered to be simultaneous" and in the paragraph 6.30.3.1 : Shooting units that have split their Shooting perform separate Shoot actions that are not simultaneous" I made a mistake for the secong paragraph it isn't 6.30.3.1 but 6.30.3.2 : Perform Shoot Actions in Skill Order.

Ahh, now I see the contradiction! 6.30.3.1 is incorrect.

It should say "A Shooting unit that splits its shots performs a different Shoot action for each split, and all of the different Shoot actions performed by the Shooting unit are not considered to be simultaneous."

Cracking good spot!! Thank you.

smeagol98 wrote:"only the Battle-Drune. See p183, 6.16.7, Dived Unit's Reaction - "...only warriors (of the same class and SKILL) that have actually been Dive Slashed...". Wow ! the Dive action is really powerfull against noble in units !

Yes indeed.

smeagol98 wrote:For the Grab action if I understand correctly, it is a "classic" Attack action in wich we can grab warriors ?

Only in terms of the strike; i.e., the Grab action performs a strike upon the Grabbed unit, but no parries, etc. - all that is covered by the Grab action itself.

smeagol98 wrote:If it is the invoked score that is compared to the incocation, what is the utility of the total invoked scored noticed in the paragraph 6.40.5.5.4 ?

Ah, now I see what you're getting at... no, it's as the paragraph says - it's every invocation performed in the same activation, but nothing actually depends upon this at the moment - it's just there as a holding rule (i.e., it may be used in the future).

Simply put, the invoked score (not the total invoked score) from the last invocation cast against them is what the Marked unit uses to test against its strength.

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi, it's me again, you will hate me !! :) I have anothe group of questions :

- For the infuriate goad effect, if 3 Goading warriors are within goad weapon attack range of 10 goaded warrior, each goaded warrior receive 3 frenzied attack dice ?

- In the paragraph 6.59.2 it is written that a unit can leave a noble but in the requirements it is written the leaving unit must be a noble. So a unit can leave a noble or not ?

- Both Binding unit and Bind unit can perform a unbind action ?

- An invoker has 8 invoked dice against a unit of strenght 12. This unit is wild and suffer 13 wounds. Does this unit have to performe a panic reaction ?

- What is the penality to be a Damaged Marked Unit ?

- Yesterday evening we played a game and we had a problem : a Tarvax unit perform a Breakthrough reaction after being Triomphant and engage a lively unit of 10 legionarius . So in his next hour the Tarvax must perform a compulsory charge attack action. But my opponent decide to activate his legionarius unit. So what's going on for the Tarvax unit ? Do they have to perform an attack reaction ? They can do anything and wait the next hour ?

Thanks again for you help
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:01 pm

smeagol98 wrote:Hi, it's me again, you will hate me !! :)

Don't be daft! I love this.

smeagol98 wrote:I have anothe group of questions :

- For the infuriate goad effect, if 3 Goading warriors are within goad weapon attack range of 10 goaded warrior, each goaded warrior receive 3 frenzied attack dice ?

Yes. So if three Goad-Drunes are within 3" of ten Brutes, each Brute would gain three more frenzied attack dice. Brutal!

smeagol98 wrote:- In the paragraph 6.59.2 it is written that a unit can leave a noble but in the requirements it is written the leaving unit must be a noble. So a unit can leave a noble or not ?

The only way part of a unit can Leave its unit is involuntarily - which is why the Requirements for Leaving mention you have to be a noble. Regardless, you make a good point - it should say "the Leaving unit is a noble, or is part of a Joined unit".

I'll add that to the errata, good spot.

smeagol98 wrote:- Both Binding unit and Bind unit can perform a unbind action ?

Yes.

smeagol98 wrote:- An invoker has 8 invoked dice against a unit of strenght 12. This unit is wild and suffer 13 wounds. Does this unit have to performe a panic reaction ?

Go through 6.40.8. The invoked score is 8, and the Marked unit's strength is 12. It's not a Shocked unit (as the invoked score is not greater than its strength), it's not a Heavily Damaged Mark (as the wounds taken do not reduce it to half strength) so it's a Damaged Mark (has taken invoke damage).

smeagol98 wrote:- What is the penality to be a Damaged Marked Unit ?

Nothing. Yet...

smeagol98 wrote:- Yesterday evening we played a game and we had a problem : a Tarvax unit perform a Breakthrough reaction after being Triomphant and engage a lively unit of 10 legionarius . So in his next hour the Tarvax must perform a compulsory charge attack action. But my opponent decide to activate his legionarius unit. So what's going on for the Tarvax unit ? Do they have to perform an attack reaction ? They can do anything and wait the next hour ?

Well, the Tarvax are Frenzied, so they immediately perform the Charge Attack action as soon as they contact the Legionarii - they don't wait until the next hour, they're raging, slavering beasts! See p359, 7.62.3.2.1!

smeagol98 wrote:Thanks again for you help

You're welcome!

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:19 pm

Ok, for the Tarvax I forget this paragraph !
But if you take the same question and problem that above but the unit is not Tarvax but warriors of baalor. How does it works during the Legionarri 's activation ?

- A unit for the requirements to perform a trample action musr have both a combat weapon with the type "trample" and the ability to perform impact strikes ? So for example Sronax can't do a trample action ?

- a unit that moving through an ennemy unit performs his impact strikes with his combat weapons not with the difference berween their strengh ?

- when a unit perform a trample action, do we have to stop the minis when contacing an ennemy unit, performs the impact strikes and continue the trample move after ? or do we have to perform the trample move completely and make his impact strikes after ?

- whith a trample action, do we have to perform both the impact strikes from moving through the unit and the impact trample attacks from the trample action ?

- after performing all the attacks from a trample action, a unit must perform an attack action without using his trample combat weapons. But can we use charge + combat weapon without the charge+ bonus ?

- When a warrior grabs 2 warriors for example in a Grab action and decide to throw them, may it throw them against the unit ennemy they are engaged with ? because in the requirement's throw action the throwing warrior cannot be engaged

- a unit having the amphibious capacity can receive the scout order and so can be placed off the battlefield before the battle begins. When it is activated, can she perform an ambush action ? an emerge action ? or both ?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:32 am

smeagol98 wrote:Ok, for the Tarvax I forget this paragraph !
But if you take the same question and problem that above but the unit is not Tarvax but warriors of baalor. How does it works during the Legionarri 's activation ?

Firstly, the Breakthrough reaction tells you - see p359, 7.62.3.2, Breakthroughing into Enemy Units: "The Breakthroughing unit, in its next battle hour, must perform a compulsory Charge Attack action against the enemy units it has Breakthroughed into, as long as both are still engaged, of course."

However, if the unit Breakthroughed into activates first and Attacks the Warriors of Baalor, the WoB can either wait (and so perform a compulsory Charge Attack action in their own activation) or Attack react immediately, although that wouldn't be a Charge Attack action.

It had been playtested that Breakthroughed/Chased units suffered an immediate Charge Attack action regardless of whether they were frenzied or not, but that proved to be too powerful in almost all instances. So we stopped that - although its still a bit of a fudge and this may well change in future.

smeagol98 wrote:- A unit for the requirements to perform a trample action musr have both a combat weapon with the type "trample" and the ability to perform impact strikes ? So for example Sronax can't do a trample action ?

Correct.

smeagol98 wrote:- a unit that moving through an ennemy unit performs his impact strikes with his combat weapons not with the difference berween their strengh ?

No, impact strikes on a Moved Through unit occur from the Bulk Charger ability of the Moving Through unit.

smeagol98 wrote:- when a unit perform a trample action, do we have to stop the minis when contacing an ennemy unit, performs the impact strikes and continue the trample move after ? or do we have to perform the trample move completely and make his impact strikes after ?

It's easier to stop the unit when it contacts an enemy and perform impact strikes etc., then continue the Trample Move afterwards. Just remember how far the unit has moved!

smeagol98 wrote:- whith a trample action, do we have to perform both the impact strikes from moving through the unit and the impact trample attacks from the trample action ?

As it says on p171, you get impact strikes from your Bulk Charger ability, then any Charge+ weapons, then you get the Trample attacks.

smeagol98 wrote:- after performing all the attacks from a trample action, a unit must perform an attack action without using his trample combat weapons. But can we use charge + combat weapon without the charge+ bonus ?

If the Trampling unit is swift, it must perform Charge+ attacks anyway, so that rules that weapon out; if it's not swift, it can perform Attacks with weapons that don't have the Charge+ rule. It's a good point though, the paragraph on p172 should say something along those lines. I'll sort that out.

The second paragraph on the second column of p172 should say:

"However, the unit may not use any of its trample combat weapons or Charge+ combat weapons (that have been used as part of a swift Trample) against the Engaged unit, as it has already used them in the current activation."

smeagol98 wrote:- When a warrior grabs 2 warriors for example in a Grab action and decide to throw them, may it throw them against the unit ennemy they are engaged with ? because in the requirement's throw action the throwing warrior cannot be engaged

No, a Grabber can't Throw a warrior it's grabbed into the same unit - it has to be Thrown at a separate unit. Otherwise you can get into situations where he Throws a warrior and hurts himself, which is silly.

smeagol98 wrote:- a unit having the amphibious capacity can receive the scout order and so can be placed off the battlefield before the battle begins. When it is activated, can she perform an ambush action ? an emerge action ? or both ?

Well, of course - water features provide cover to an amphibious warrior (p48, 2.4.5.2.2) and p287, 6.56.4 - Emerging from Terrain states "An Emerging unit may Emerge (and so enter the battlefield) from with or behind any terrain feature that offers cover to the Emerging unit upon the battlefield...".

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:31 am

Thanks you again Rob

But I think my last question was not so clear. In fact I want to know if a unit with a scout order that is off the battlefield can do, in his next activation, an emerge action, an ambush action, or both of them ?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 am

smeagol98 wrote:Thanks you again Rob

But I think my last question was not so clear. In fact I want to know if a unit with a scout order that is off the battlefield can do, in his next activation, an emerge action, an ambush action, or both of them ?

Well, the scout unit can do both, but only if the scout unit fulfils the criteria for an Ambush action on p180.

I'm not sure how clearer the Emerge/Ambush sequence could be to be honest - the scout unit performs an Emerge action, and if you fulfil the criteria on p180 you can perform an Ambush action by taking the AMBUSH TEST... yes?

Cheers
Rob
smeagol98

Postby smeagol98 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Really sorry, my eyes are in trouble !!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:40 am

No worries! How did the game go?

Cheers