Questions about Hold Orders

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
DrNO172000

Questions about Hold Orders

Postby DrNO172000 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:02 pm

From what I understand if a unit is under Hold Orders they get a Hold exult token attached to them. So I had a few questions in regards to this.

First since orders are secret until a unit activates, should the token only be attached once the order is revealed or the unit gets in combat?

Also since Nobles mustered as individuals are always able to count as having a move order or an attack order I can place them under hold orders to get them the exult token. So my question is should they perform an action by declaring they are doing it under move or attack would the hold exult token be removed until they did an action under the hold order? Or does simply having the hold order token allow them to have hold exult token? I ask because the latter seems like it could be exploitive in nature.
Jonathon Chester

Re: Questions about Hold Orders

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 am

I would assume they wouldn't have the exalt token as they are using the move order rather than the hold order. Good questions I will have to dive into the rulebook later!
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:15 am

DrNO172000 wrote:From what I understand if a unit is under Hold Orders they get a Hold exult token attached to them. So I had a few questions in regards to this.

First since orders are secret until a unit activates, should the token only be attached once the order is revealed or the unit gets in combat?

Yes, unless you want to give the game away of course - I'd say, as soon as their orders are revealed, attach the hold exult token.

DrNO172000 wrote:Also since Nobles mustered as individuals are always able to count as having a move order or an attack order I can place them under hold orders to get them the exult token. So my question is should they perform an action by declaring they are doing it under move or attack would the hold exult token be removed until they did an action under the hold order? Or does simply having the hold order token allow them to have hold exult token? I ask because the latter seems like it could be exploitive in nature.

As long as the general has given them a HOLD order, they act as if they are under a HOLD order. If they then perform an action that breaks a HOLD order, they're no longer under HOLD orders.

I think what I'll do here is add an errata to tell people what happens if there's order confliction.

Cheers
Rob
DrNO172000

Postby DrNO172000 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Ah ok, that makes perfect sense. Thanks again!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:12 am

No problem.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”