New Look Website

Anything unrelated to any of the other forums
Brightblade

New Look Website

Postby Brightblade » Wed May 16, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi Guys,

I like the look of the new website, not sure about the colour scheme though, I preferred the Black Background, it was more brooding, and seemed more fitting to the nature of the game..

I like the intro back story on the Home screen though, it sets the scene for the game well..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Icchan

Re: New Look Website

Postby Icchan » Wed May 16, 2018 9:33 pm

I have to agree, the dark background felt better.
I do like how fast they are now, images load lightning fast.
Geoff

Postby Geoff » Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Yep, me too - much preferred the black background. It offered more contrast, made it easier to see what's where and was more atmospheric. As Brightblade said, suited the game more.

Though it does indeed load faster for me too! :)
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Thu May 17, 2018 10:44 pm

Loving the new bigger icons, and faster loading pictures... now if we can just put the background back to Black....
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Alex (ÉgB)

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Sun May 20, 2018 5:53 pm

cleaner and more welcoming to people just encountering the range(s)? Makes it a winner in my mind!
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 am

I like how the browse sidebar is on the left side now. I use it way more often than new releases sidebar because you can already see them on the front page. Good job!
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm

That reminds me, the news page looks broken now:
http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=new
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Wed May 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Also the white fading background on the side panels doesn't really fit in my opinion, looks much better without or with just a plain white background.
or:
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:34 pm

Thanks for the comments chaps, but the new look (with maybe a few changes) is here to stay.

I actually changed the colours on Joanna's advice because, as she's a nurse, she knows the ins and outs of the Equality Act 2010 (which used to be the Disability Discrimination Act 1995) which recommends that websites don't use black text on white backgrounds (i.e., high contrast) to suit more people's vision requirements. More people can see black on white better than white on black. The higher the contrast, the more it tires the brain. Plus, there's research out that states that people stay on websites longer with a light background as it doesn't tire the eyes so much. Really, the forum needs to change too, which I'll be doing at some point.

It really is that simple... in terms of the colours, anyway.

Note that you may need to clear the cache on your browsers so that the layout and images are arranged properly.

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:38 pm

That's a great response Rob, thanks for taking the time to explain it, all makes sense when you think about it..

Geoff

Postby Geoff » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Rob, consider also the background colour of the pages either in the rulebook, or The Lands of Darkness booklet, which has that nice parchment/cream background - it would perhaps meet your requirements for to avoid eye strain and also tie everything together nicely. The graphic designer did a cracking job on both - they look the bollocks mate.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:10 am

I've tried that to be honest, and it doesn't like right - it just doesn't work for me on the webstore. The reason is probably all the other colours with the miniatures, etc.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Other Topics”