Base Displaced Move

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dan Pratt

Base Displaced Move

Postby Dan Pratt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Per Moving Displaced Warriors (7.2.3.3), displaced warriors must make a ground move to get out of the displacement area, ideally using a direct move.

Is there a base magnitude of the displacement move? I ask because terrain, wet/snowy ground, or some other effect might greatly reduce the movement of a warrior such that they do not have enough movement to get out of the displacement area but are not immovable displaced warriors (7.2.3.2) either.

For example: a 30mm warrior displaced by a 120mm warrior. If the base displacement move is equal to the pace attribute of the displaced warrior (i.e., pace = 5) and they were also subject to a slow or difficult move (minus D5") they could potentially not clear the displacement area.

I don't see a place where the base displacement move is defined. Is it = pace?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Base Displaced Move

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Dan Pratt wrote:Per Moving Displaced Warriors (7.2.3.3), displaced warriors must make a ground move to get out of the displacement area, ideally using a direct move.

Is there a base magnitude of the displacement move? I ask because terrain, wet/snowy ground, or some other effect might greatly reduce the movement of a warrior such that they do not have enough movement to get out of the displacement area but are not immovable displaced warriors (7.2.3.2) either.

For example: a 30mm warrior displaced by a 120mm warrior. If the base displacement move is equal to the pace attribute of the displaced warrior (i.e., pace = 5) and they were also subject to a slow or difficult move (minus D5") they could potentially not clear the displacement area.

I don't see a place where the base displacement move is defined. Is it = pace?

The Displacement Move is whatever the warrior needs to move get out the way. 7.2.3.3 describes this. The only real caveat is "Each Displaced warrior may only Move as short a distance as possible to achieve this, so that they remain as close to the displacement area as possible".

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”