Kindred Musters Update - 1st July 2018

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Kindred Musters Update - 1st July 2018

Postby Rob Lane » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Everyone,

As promised I'm starting to work through these quarterly. We're now into the second half of 2018, so here's an update!

Go here to download them: http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=drm

Changes include:
- Bædubera added to the Anglecynn muster
- Morag of Mann added to the Sell-Swords muster
- Far Thule can bring some humans to the party
- Sell-Swords can bring some ruffians (generic humans)
- Érainn Peat Beasts can Combine into a Bog Beast
- Érainn Earth Beast can Consume earth to heal itself
- errors / typos noted previously have been fixed
- most warriors with two weapons now have the "Quick Strike" weapon rule
- most warriors with Charge+ weapons now have the "Impact Strike" weapon rule (remember that impact strikes go before your normal strikes, so you have a chance to reduce your enemy's C+A before your main weapons)
- some warriors have gained the "Vicious Strike" weapon rule
- some warriors have gained the "Death Strike" weapon rule (notably the Cráncull and the Skorpion Major)

Feel free to note any errors or typos in these updates by replying to this post.

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer

Re: Kindred Musters Update - 1st July 2018

Postby James Balmer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Rob,

Typo on the Sell-sword muster
Unit champion gains "+1 attack dice (gar)" but is armed with a spear (yes I know they are the same just in different languages)

Fomoraic
Reiver Untain is only realm Reivers of the Eye whilst the Tain is Reivers and far Thule.
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:38 pm

Shouldn't there be a new ruleset for Thrada now that the Nihtbats will be on 60mms and 3 new sculpts?
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Rob,

Is it intended for the prifdynwocor not to have quickstrike on its beak attack where as the dynwocor do?
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 128/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2020 - 100/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2021 - 12/100
Skull king

Postby Skull king » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:51 pm

Whoops! Created a whole subtopic for these notes, not realizing you wanted them here.

Just went through the updated fomoraic muster. Glad to see the reivers have the subrealm of ‘Far Thule’ now. Just a couple questions in regards to this.

- The Reiver UNtain does not have Far Thule as a subrealm, I assume they should if the tains do.

- I assume since all the ograx reivers don’t have Far Thule as a subrealm, then none will. Might make sense though, if they’ll eventually ride feleox. ;)

- the reiver cavalry does not have Far Thule as a subrealm, should they?

- I noticed the walvax lost ‘Conaad’ as a subrealm.

Looking forward to converting one of my Maaris to be my Far Thule untain (assuming that’s supposed to be a thing :D ).
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:09 am

Norse Muster
- Skipari: Sword and Axe replacement have quick strike when used with one, but neither sword nor axe alone have it when using one handed.
- Steersman: Same issue as above.
- Visi: Same issue as above. Axe replacement has Parry instead of Hook.
- Segger: Has Quick Strike on both 1 and 2 handed attacks. Can Compel bondmenn, but bondmenn are not on the muster.
- Filungi: 1 handed attack option seems weak compared to 2 handed, practically gains zero benefit from using 1 handed as he has no shield, other weapons or mount options. Maybe also add clarification if upgrade options can go below zero.
- Troll Goth: Trollskull Gandr has rule referencing it to as Trollskull Staff, but it's Trollskull Gandr everywhere else on the muster.
- Vore: Has Warrior Rules header but it's empty.

Aw man, I'd had hoped warrior strengths would have been in this update.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 am

Icchan wrote:Norse Muster
- Skipari: Sword and Axe replacement have quick strike when used with one, but neither sword nor axe alone have it when using one handed.
- Visi: Same issue as above. Axe replacement has Parry instead of Hook.
- Segger: Has Quick Strike on both 1 and 2 handed attacks. Can Compel bondmenn, but bondmenn are not on the muster.
- Filungi: 1 handed attack option seems weak compared to 2 handed, practically gains zero benefit from using 1 handed as he has no shield, other weapons or mount options. Maybe also add clarification if upgrade options can go below zero.
- Troll Goth: Trollskull Gandr has rule referencing it to as Trollskull Staff, but it's Trollskull Gandr everywhere else on the muster.
- Vore: Has Warrior Rules header but it's empty.

Aw man, I'd had hoped warrior strengths would have been in this update.

They have warrior strengths in the Brythoniaid under the unit size
antoine

Postby antoine » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 am

I thought (read somewhere) that the toracx were close friends with the gabrax, but in the new muster, their only realm is now Baalor, instead of Cursed Herd.is that on purpose ?
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:39 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:They have warrior strengths in the Brythoniaid under the unit size

Nice! Except I don't play Brythoniad :(
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 am

Icchan wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:They have warrior strengths in the Brythoniaid under the unit size

What kindred do you play then?
Look at the box underneath the "hands" box and to the left of the "base size" box and you should find the warrior strength.
Last edited by James Balmer on Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:06 am

Icchan wrote:

The Norse do too.
James Balmer

Postby James Balmer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:
Icchan wrote:

The Norse do too.

All of the musters have it.
Jonathon Chester

Postby Jonathon Chester » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:20 am

James Balmer wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:
Icchan wrote:Nice! Except I don't play Brythoniad :(

The Norse do too.

All of the musters have it.

Thought so
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48 am

Then it was just me being blind, for some reason I was expecting it to be IN the base size box. Jokes on me, good job Rob!

I did notice something else though, Fellhrafn doesn't have any hands, but it's Slashing Talons attack requires 2 hands.
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Morag of Mann has three invocations listed in his profile, but doesn't have Sorcerer trait.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:52 pm

James Balmer wrote:Rob,

Typo on the Sell-sword muster
Unit champion gains "+1 attack dice (gar)" but is armed with a spear (yes I know they are the same just in different languages)

Sorted!

James Balmer wrote:Fomoraic
Reiver Untain is only realm Reivers of the Eye whilst the Tain is Reivers and far Thule.

Nice one, sorted now, thanks.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:53 pm

Rick_Boer wrote:Shouldn't there be a new ruleset for Thrada now that the Nihtbats will be on 60mms and 3 new sculpts?

Not sure what you're getting at?

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Jonathon Chester wrote:Rob,

Is it intended for the prifdynwocor not to have quickstrike on its beak attack where as the dynwocor do?

Nope! Will sort.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Skull king wrote:Whoops! Created a whole subtopic for these notes, not realizing you wanted them here.

Just went through the updated fomoraic muster. Glad to see the reivers have the subrealm of ‘Far Thule’ now. Just a couple questions in regards to this.

- The Reiver UNtain does not have Far Thule as a subrealm, I assume they should if the tains do.

Yeah, already sorted.

Skull king wrote:- I assume since all the ograx reivers don’t have Far Thule as a subrealm, then none will. Might make sense though, if they’ll eventually ride feleox. ;)

Far Thule have their own monstrous infantry, so they won't make it in there. Feleox are borrowed ;o)

Skull king wrote:- the reiver cavalry does not have Far Thule as a subrealm, should they?

No. Decided against that as there'll be... erm... other riders for Far Thule...

Skull king wrote:- I noticed the walvax lost ‘Conaad’ as a subrealm.

That was a while back to be honest.

Skull king wrote:Looking forward to converting one of my Maaris to be my Far Thule untain (assuming that’s supposed to be a thing :D ).

Absolutely!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:01 pm

Icchan wrote:Norse Muster
- Visi: Same issue as above.

Correct, it's because warriors using two weapons get Quick Strike, whereas with one weapon they do not.

Icchan wrote:Axe replacement has Parry instead of Hook.

Good spot.

Icchan wrote:- Segger: Has Quick Strike on both 1 and 2 handed attacks. Can Compel bondmenn, but bondmenn are not on the muster.

All Host Champions have Quick Strike with their primary weapons.

Icchan wrote:- Filungi: 1 handed attack option seems weak compared to 2 handed, practically gains zero benefit from using 1 handed as he has no shield, other weapons or mount options.

He will at some point - nothing to change here as that's an opinion, not a typo or error...

Icchan wrote: Maybe also add clarification if upgrade options can go below zero.

Good spot, I'll fix that.

Icchan wrote:- Troll Goth: Trollskull Gandr has rule referencing it to as Trollskull Staff, but it's Trollskull Gandr everywhere else on the muster.

Will fix.

Icchan wrote:- Vore: Has Warrior Rules header but it's empty.

Whoops, forgot to hide that.

Icchan wrote:Aw man, I'd had hoped warrior strengths would have been in this update.

They are...

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:01 pm

antoine wrote:I thought (read somewhere) that the toracx were close friends with the gabrax, but in the new muster, their only realm is now Baalor, instead of Cursed Herd.is that on purpose ?

Weird, that's wrong! Will fix. They should be Cursed Herd.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Icchan wrote:Then it was just me being blind, for some reason I was expecting it to be IN the base size box. Jokes on me, good job Rob!

I did notice something else though, Fellhrafn doesn't have any hands, but it's Slashing Talons attack requires 2 hands.

Yeah, that's a mistake. Sorted!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Icchan wrote:Morag of Mann has three invocations listed in his profile, but doesn't have Sorcerer trait.

Great spot!

Will fix.

Cheers
Rob
Rick_Boer

Postby Rick_Boer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Rob Lane wrote:
Rick_Boer wrote:Shouldn't there be a new ruleset for Thrada now that the Nihtbats will be on 60mms and 3 new sculpts?

Cheers
Rob

You mentioned that you were going for 3 new smaller bats as part of the Savage Hordes 4 set instead of the 2 that would accompany THrada on 80mm bases. Now, if that has changed that's fine. But I'd thought we would need a new muster entry for the big Thrada on 80mm if the plan is still to have the nihtbats on 60mms and as 3 new miniatures. But all of that is hard to tell without that tasty concept art we still haven't seen ;)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Rick_Boer wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:

Cheers
Rob

You mentioned that you were going for 3 new smaller bats as part of the Savage Hordes 4 set instead of the 2 that would accompany THrada on 80mm bases. Now, if that has changed that's fine. But I'd thought we would need a new muster entry for the big Thrada on 80mm if the plan is still to have the nihtbats on 60mms and as 3 new miniatures. But all of that is hard to tell without that tasty concept art we still haven't seen ;)

Ahhh, I see - yes, I need to add the new bats. I will do once I've got the concept art sorted.

Cheers
Rob
demyse

Postby demyse » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Formoriac muster - Reiver Gultain says it can gain +1 shot to its bow, but the unit doesn't have a bow option. also states that Reivers can be either Reivers of the eye or Far Thule, but unit has bind (ograx reiver) as an option, should that not be reserved for Reivers of the eye only? or is it for either?
100mini18-103 mierce(68 other)
100mini19-69 mierce(91 other)
100mini20-216 mierce(517 other)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:20 pm

demyse wrote:Formoriac muster - Reiver Gultain says it can gain +1 shot to its bow, but the unit doesn't have a bow option.

Good spot, fixed!

demyse wrote: also states that Reivers can be either Reivers of the eye or Far Thule, but unit has bind (ograx reiver) as an option, should that not be reserved for Reivers of the eye only? or is it for either?

Well I'll be splitting the Fomoraic into realm musters shortly, so don't worry about that for now.

Cheers
Rob
demyse

Postby demyse » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Vras Musters - Blight spells - Black Blight and Rabid state that they can be used on kin 'Vras Fiend' (amongst others) the Vermin Fiend is kin 'Vermin Fiend', so can it be cast on him?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 pm

demyse wrote:Vras Musters - Blight spells - Black Blight and Rabid state that they can be used on kin 'Vras Fiend' (amongst others) the Vermin Fiend is kin 'Vermin Fiend', so can it be cast on him?

Good spot, I'll change the Vermin-Fiend profile to Vras-Fiend.

Cheers
Rob
demyse

Postby demyse » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Infernii
Servile Lord and Servile Liege have the weapon variants that are included in the banebeasts line (2 axes) but the servile champion does not have weapon options based on the banebeasts models
Servile fiend - there is a limited edition armoured variant of this model, but no armour option on the profile
Servile warrior has a lower authority than a servile fiend

Vras Muster
Vras Lord can compel Trained or Drilled Spear-Vras, but making spear Vras trained or drilled does not change their ubiquity
Kill vras can compel Spear-Vras, but they are already mainstay by default

Sellswords Muster (some might have been mentioned before but I think they missed the update)
Finnan - has option for both armour and shield, but muster doesn't have the new super helpful combined armour stat
Rikkard - can be a noble commander in a Jute host, is that cant or wiht, as wiht doesn't currently have a default mainstay, also which Anglecynn realm can he command
Maximus - Sorcerous Axe used 2 handed states foot only, but Maximus doesn't have a mounted option
Beowa - can be a noble commander or individual in an Anglecynn (Beornica, Dēra, Mierce, Eofora) or Jute (Cant or Wiht) host. same as Rikkard in that Wiht don't have a mainstay. Also in Beowa's entry in the Anglecynn muster he can Compel (Werbera); Influence(Slēanbera); but not in this version.
Florus - can be a noble commander in a Jute or Anglecynn host, same again regarding mainstay and which realm.
Ruffian - who can take them?
JediCat

Postby JediCat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 am

Atalantes Muster

Strategos sunblade now named "Ilioxifos", description still says Sunblade.
Strategos sunspear now named "Iliodoru", description still says Sunspear.

Fomoraic Muster

Likely not an error, just some news I missed, but the "Srónax Untain" seems to have vanished.
Small bit of confusion, but Warlock of Baalor "Staff of the Ice" costs both 2 and 10. Is it supposed to be 12 total? Possibly a rules question, but wasn't sure where to put it.

Ysian Muster

Seer-Drune has lost its mount options. Wondered if I missed something, but there is still a mounted model.

Apologies if any of these were mentioned/asked already.
"Be as brutal and as sneaky and as nasty with your list as you wish - Darklands is not pink fluffy communist Warhammer" ~Rob Lane, May 17th, 2017
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:17 pm

demyse wrote:Infernii
Servile Lord and Servile Liege have the weapon variants that are included in the banebeasts line (2 axes) but the servile champion does not have weapon options based on the banebeasts models

The weapon options for the demon princes aren't really applicable to Darklands, really, but Two Axes certainly are.

demyse wrote:Servile fiend - there is a limited edition armoured variant of this model, but no armour option on the profile

Yeah, really, the armour on the miniature should be an option, but I decided against that. So you've already got that armour already.

demyse wrote:Servile warrior has a lower authority than a servile fiend

Balls good point. Fixed to 77.

demyse wrote:Vras Muster
Vras Lord can compel Trained or Drilled Spear-Vras, but making spear Vras trained or drilled does not change their ubiquity

They should be Common, I'll change that. Spear-Vras will become Mainstay if they're drilled.

demyse wrote:Kill vras can compel Spear-Vras, but they are already mainstay by default

Yeah, that works now.

demyse wrote:Sellswords Muster (some might have been mentioned before but I think they missed the update)
Finnan - has option for both armour and shield, but muster doesn't have the new super helpful combined armour stat

Fixed!

demyse wrote:Rikkard - can be a noble commander in a Jute host, is that cant or wiht, as wiht doesn't currently have a default mainstay, also which Anglecynn realm can he command

Cant for the Jutes, any realm for the Anglecynn.

demyse wrote:Maximus - Sorcerous Axe used 2 handed states foot only, but Maximus doesn't have a mounted option

He may do in future...

demyse wrote:Beowa - can be a noble commander or individual in an Anglecynn (Beornica, Dēra, Mierce, Eofora) or Jute (Cant or Wiht) host. same as Rikkard in that Wiht don't have a mainstay. Also in Beowa's entry in the Anglecynn muster he can Compel (Werbera); Influence(Slēanbera); but not in this version.

Good spots, I'll fix.

demyse wrote:Florus - can be a noble commander in a Jute or Anglecynn host, same again regarding mainstay and which realm.

Cant again.

demyse wrote:Ruffian - who can take them?

Any Sell-Sword commander. I'll make this clear.

Great work!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:25 pm

JediCat wrote:Atalantes Muster

Strategos sunblade now named "Ilioxifos", description still says Sunblade.
Strategos sunspear now named "Iliodoru", description still says Sunspear.

Nice one, will fix.

JediCat wrote:Fomoraic Muster

Likely not an error, just some news I missed, but the "Srónax Untain" seems to have vanished.

That's deliberate due to space; I'll be splitting the Fomoraic into realm musters so he'll return at some point.

JediCat wrote:Small bit of confusion, but Warlock of Baalor "Staff of the Ice" costs both 2 and 10. Is it supposed to be 12 total? Possibly a rules question, but wasn't sure where to put it.

It costs 12 - both the 2 and the 10 as it's "purchased with". The costs are simply the working out of how much it is as an artefact and how much it is as a weapon.

JediCat wrote:Ysian Muster

Seer-Drune has lost its mount options. Wondered if I missed something, but there is still a mounted model.

Apologies if any of these were mentioned/asked already.

Poor fellow! I've returned them to him.

Cheers
Rob
JediCat

Postby JediCat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:54 am

Muster Rules

1.1.4.2.4, 1.1.4.2.8, 1.1.4.3.1 Examples: The examples in these three sections of the muster rules references "two uncommon ubiquity slots".

EDIT

Ysian Muster

Ulric the Defiler, ability "The Rose" has the text "(immediately he is activated)". Should likely say "when he is" or "as he is", something like that.
"Be as brutal and as sneaky and as nasty with your list as you wish - Darklands is not pink fluffy communist Warhammer" ~Rob Lane, May 17th, 2017
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 am

Looking at the Albainn muster, should the Savage & Feral Oghuruc's fist weapons get quick strike?

Would the Goghu also get quick strike on it's fists? Or is it being a lumbering lump of rock mean it's too slow to do anything quick? :D
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:44 am

*EDIT*

Odd, I don't remember quoting myself. :lol:
Last edited by Grizzle on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am

Any reason why all the Howl functions have been removed from the Anglecynn Wulf variant musters?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 pm

JediCat wrote:Muster Rules

1.1.4.2.4, 1.1.4.2.8, 1.1.4.3.1 Examples: The examples in these three sections of the muster rules references "two uncommon ubiquity slots".

Yeah, I need to alter that list now that I'm removing multiple ubiquity slots.

JediCat wrote:Ysian Muster

Ulric the Defiler, ability "The Rose" has the text "(immediately he is activated)". Should likely say "when he is" or "as he is", something like that.

No, that's just an England English thing - over here people often miss out the "when".

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 pm

Brightblade wrote:Any reason why all the Howl functions have been removed from the Anglecynn Wulf variant musters?

Ah yes, I've moved it to a separate page - I'll sort that out.

You'll note that the wulfas gain the "Howler" ability; that goes to these rules:

Pack Howl: A unit with the Howler ability may perform a Howl action (which is also a command action) instead of a Roar action at the beginning of one of its activations. A unit that only gains the Howler ability via a mustered herald must contain that herald when it performs a Howl action.

When it performs a Howl action the Howling unit gains the following benefits dependent upon their acuity or their Kin:
Elite, Veteran or Wild units - become exulted and Fearless until the end of their next activation
Feral units - become frenzied (if they were not already frenzied), but add 2 frenzy attack dice to each Howling warrior's primary combat weapon
Werwulf Forthegn, Werwulf Thegn - all friendly units of the Kin Werwulf become frenzied (if they were not already frenzied), adding 1 frenzy attack die to each Howling warrior's primary combat weapon.
Wælwulf Thegn - all friendly units of the Kin Wælwulf become frenzied (if they were not already frenzied), adding 2 frenzy attack dice to each Howling warrior's primary combat weapon, including himself
Mægenwulf - all friendly units of the Kin Wulf, Frēawulf, Werwulf, Wælwulf, Banawulf, Guthwulf and Mægenwulf units on the battlefield (now also called Wulf units), including itself, become frenzied (if they were not already frenzied), adding 1 frenzy attack dice to each Howling warrior's primary combat weapon.

Charging: The Howling unit - if it is able to - may select an enemy to Charge (rather than Charge the closest enemy) as its next voluntary action.

Flankers: A Howling unit with the Flanker ability may perform an embedded Howl action at the beginning of a Flank action if it is under FLANK orders and is off the battlefield, and if it does so its next flank roll result is increased by 1 to a maximum of 9.
Forester: A Howling unit with the Forester ability may perform an embedded Howl action at the beginning of an Emerge action if it is under SCOUT orders and is off the battlefield.

A Howl action may only be performed once per battle, and no unit can be affected by a Howl action more than once per battle.

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Grizzle wrote:Looking at the Albainn muster, should the Savage & Feral Oghuruc's fist weapons get quick strike?

No, they're slow giants.

Grizzle wrote:Would the Goghu also get quick strike on it's fists? Or is it being a lumbering lump of rock mean it's too slow to do anything quick? :D

Again, too lumbery!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:51 pm

If anyone has any burning questions or found some errors or typos in the musters, please let me know as soon as you can because I'm intending to update in September.

Artefacts incoming!

Cheers
Rob
antoine

Postby antoine » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Just spotted that the fanaberend sheet states something strange about command range tripled of 18, with an authority of 21
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm

antoine wrote:Just spotted that the fanaberend sheet states something strange about command range tripled of 18, with an authority of 21

Yeah that doesn't make sense, if you tripled 21 youll get 63, so command range of 6 inches, no where near the limit of 18 inches, so is there perhaps a dice roll missing from the Banner Command Range?

The wording from the muster..

War Banner: the Guthfana is a host banner and a Fanaberend's host banner range is triple his command range, or 18”.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 am

antoine wrote:Just spotted that the fanaberend sheet states something strange about command range tripled of 18, with an authority of 21

Most odd. I'll change it to just 18" rather than triple his command range.

Good spot!

Cheers
Rob
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:34 pm

On the Ysian muster (and I'm not even sure this is a mistake) but why would the Flesh Drune have Influence (Brute Corruptor) when he only has an authority of 35?

The Corruptors are 33 so he would never be able to muster them in his command as a mainstay (or singularly as a common) since he would need two units of them and since he also needs a mainstay, he would have to compel (Drune Brute, Brute or Abhorrent) in order to fulfil that requirement, who are also authority 33. Plus he can only bind to his Nithings, so cannot bind to the corruptors to take advantage of his authority being used over theirs.

This is assuming I've not completely misunderstood the muster rules here.

Though I suppose it's a bit moot anyhow, since he can just create them from a flesh pile at some point.
HughB

Postby HughB » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:15 pm

Its a fair point. The brute corruptors could be in the fleshdrunes command but would have to bind to a brute unit or a drune brute unit at which point their ubiquity doesn't matter. So - superfluous rule?
painting challenge 2019 - 67/100

All absolute statements are false
Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:49 am

HughB wrote:Its a fair point. The brute corruptors could be in the fleshdrunes command but would have to bind to a brute unit or a drune brute unit at which point their ubiquity doesn't matter. So - superfluous rule?

Oh yes, I forgot about their bind to the brutes! Good point, although as you say, the compel still seems unnecessary.
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:04 am

Tarvox in Fomoraic muster says it has 4 hands and it has 5 combat weapon options that each require one hand. One however is it's horn butt. That don't seem right.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was reading an older version. I'm an idiot. :oops:

EDIT2: I'm really glad warrior Strength is now listed, that helps out a lot.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:52 am

Okay!

Cheers
Rob
Icchan

Postby Icchan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 am

Eta on the next update?

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”