Hold Order & Frenzied Units

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Brightblade

Hold Order & Frenzied Units

Postby Brightblade » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Rob,

Question:

If a unit that is on Hold Orders is invoked against which turns them Frenzied, do they automatically change Orders or will they still be on Hold Orders?

Or do they simply ignore the Hold Order and act as if they are under Attack Orders, but once the Invoke has worn off they revert to their Original Hold Order?

So for Instance, a group of Bowmen on Hold Order are Invoked against which turns them Frenzied, they are still technically under Hold Orders, so on their activation could they perform a Volley Shoot action or would they have to run towards the enemy, and then stop, and on their next activation they would be able to Volley Shoot once Frenzied invoke had worn off...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Hold Order & Frenzied Units

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Brightblade wrote:Rob,

Question:

If a unit that is on Hold Orders is invoked against which turns them Frenzied, do they automatically change Orders or will they still be on Hold Orders?

Or do they simply ignore the Hold Order and act as if they are under Attack Orders, but once the Invoke has worn off they revert to their Original Hold Order?

So for Instance, a group of Bowmen on Hold Order are Invoked against which turns them Frenzied, they are still technically under Hold Orders, so on their activation could they perform a Volley Shoot action or would they have to run towards the enemy, and then stop, and on their next activation they would be able to Volley Shoot once Frenzied invoke had worn off...

Frenzied trumps everything - they immediately go mental and are on ATTACK orders until they stop being frenzied; at which point they are on HOLD orders again (and very confused bunnies).

Bear in mind once you're frenzied, you're frenzied until they somehow become not frenzied; what invocation are we looking at here? Because unless the invocation specifically says they stop being frenzied, they're frenzied for the rest of the battle or until they lose a round of combat and roll a whatever for losing frenzy...

Cheers
Rob
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:57 pm

It the Fierce Anglecynn Invoke,

'Marked Man: Marked warriors may only be friendly warriors of the Kin Man within the Marked unit.
Continuous Effect: The Marked unit becomes a Fierce unit and each Fierce warrior becomes or remains frenzied until the end of its next activation. In
addition to its frenzied attack die, each Fierce warrior gains +1 attack die upon his primary combat weapon until the end of the Fierce unit's next
activation.
Rules: Once per Mark; Entire Mark'

I was looking at a unit of 10 Bowmen on Hold Orders and Volley Shooting, the Invoke allows them a Frenzied Die plus another Die to their primary weapon, if they could still Volley Shoot that would provide 90 Dice... !!!!!
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

Grizzle

Postby Grizzle » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:34 pm

I think the extra dice might only be on the primary combat weapon though, not the primary shot weapon.

Also if frenzied, I think their orders will have to change from hold to attack. However I've not got the book front of me at the moment so it could be a nice idea

I think frenzy rules are under 2.3.3..something.
Brightblade

Postby Brightblade » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:04 pm

I think you might be right Andy, missed the Combat Weapon mention on the Invocation..

Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:51 pm

Brightblade wrote:It the Fierce Anglecynn Invoke,

'Marked Man: Marked warriors may only be friendly warriors of the Kin Man within the Marked unit.
Continuous Effect: The Marked unit becomes a Fierce unit and each Fierce warrior becomes or remains frenzied until the end of its next activation. In
addition to its frenzied attack die, each Fierce warrior gains +1 attack die upon his primary combat weapon until the end of the Fierce unit's next
activation.
Rules: Once per Mark; Entire Mark'

In that case, until the end of its next activation. As it says on the invocation... have you mislaid your glasses mate? ;)

Brightblade wrote:I was looking at a unit of 10 Bowmen on Hold Orders and Volley Shooting, the Invoke allows them a Frenzied Die plus another Die to their primary weapon, if they could still Volley Shoot that would provide 90 Dice... !!!!!

Combat weapon... combat weapon... combat weapon... etc. etc.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”