Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

A place to talk about Darklands Events!
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:50 pm

Well it’s that time of year chaps and chapettes!

Skirmish at Coffa Tree is now booked and ready for entrants.

Sadly we couldn’t sort the venue for a two day event despite my attempts but the last three one day events have been a success so let’s keep up the fine tradition.

The player pack can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao3wqeiunxaw2qu/Skirmish%20at%20Coffa%20Tree%20Player%20Pack.pdf?dl=0

If we hit the 18 player cap I can look at increasing the capacity.

Also we have an event page on facebook if people are interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/835056053494474/

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jonathon


Entrants List:

1. John Perkins
2. James Blair
3. Nick Waterson
4. Scott Atkinson
5. Rob Lane
6. Hugh B
7. Dayle
8. Andrew Parkinson
9. Bish Meister
10. Dan Thomas
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.

Spare Player - Jonathon Chester
Last edited by Jonathon Chester on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:37 am

I will be in attendance, will pay you next month..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:40 am

Brightblade wrote:I will be in attendance, will pay you next month..


No worries, when you pay if you have any dietary requirements let me know in the message.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:08 am

I'll be there mate...

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:18 pm

Jonathon Chester wrote:
Brightblade wrote:I will be in attendance, will pay you next month..


No worries, when you pay if you have any dietary requirements let me know in the message.


I have a See-Food requirement.. :lol: :lol:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Brightblade wrote:I have a See-Food requirement.. :lol: :lol:


Make sure you keep Scott locked up until everybody else has had dinner Jon...

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:51 pm

Rob Lane wrote:
Brightblade wrote:I have a See-Food requirement.. :lol: :lol:


Make sure you keep Scott locked up until everybody else has had dinner Jon...

Cheers
Rob


Very true... :D :shock:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:02 pm

As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
User avatar
demyse
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby demyse » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Jonathon Chester wrote:As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!


As someone who lives 7 miles from the Scottish boarder, define 'Northerner'
100 mini 2018 - 103 mierce (68 other)
100 mini 2019 - 12 mierce (15 other)
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:51 pm

demyse wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!


As someone who lives 7 miles from the Scottish boarder, define 'Northerner'


North of the Watford Gap... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1913
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:53 pm

The true north/south divide is that of Anglo-Danish Danelaw and Saxon southern softy shandy drinking softies.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:00 pm

Rob Lane wrote:The true north/south divide is that of Anglo-Danish Danelaw and Saxon southern softy shandy drinking softies.

Cheers
Rob


The Celts and the Picts eat them both for Breakie.. :shock: :lol:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 pm

demyse wrote:
Jonathon Chester wrote:As Rob knows, I make Northerner Sandwiches. Proper amounts of filling!


As someone who lives 7 miles from the Scottish boarder, define 'Northerner'


The true definition of a northerner is someone who looks at anyone from the south and thinks ‘pussy’ when there’s a foot of snow and the southerner is wrapped up. All the while wearing a string vest.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
HughB
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby HughB » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:36 am

As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.
painting challenge 2019 - 12/100
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 am

Better write my name in permanent marker on that wooden spoon now as that baby is coming home with me... :lol: :lol:
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:11 am

HughB wrote:As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.


Carlisle and back in a day, now that's Darklands dedication for you...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 am

Brightblade wrote:
HughB wrote:As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.


Carlisle and back in a day, now that's Darklands dedication for you...


A few of us did london and back recently for an event but damn thats dedication!
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:29 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:Well it’s that time of year chaps and chapettes!

Skirmish at Coffa Tree is now booked and ready for entrants.

Sadly we couldn’t sort the venue for a two day event despite my attempts but the last three one day events have been a success so let’s keep up the fine tradition.

The player pack can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ao3wqeiunxaw2qu/Skirmish%20at%20Coffa%20Tree%20Player%20Pack.pdf?dl=0

If we hit the 18 player cap I can look at increasing the capacity.

Also we have an event page on facebook if people are interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/835056053494474/

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Jonathon


Entrants List:

1. John Perkins
2. James Blair
3. Nick Waterson
4. Scott Atkinson
5. Rob Lane
6. Hugh B
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.

Spare Player - Jonathon Chester
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:30 am

HughB wrote:As an Englishman who grew up in Dumfries & Galloway, one of the funniest moments in my life was seeing a Glaswegian describe some of my Scottish mates as southerners. Almost died laughing. They were slightly less amused.

Also can you my name down to attend for your fine event please Mr Chester. I am entirely omnivorous though may be doing a down and backer in a day from Carlisle so will request a vat of very strong coffee thank you please.


I'll look at getting a vat on hand ;)
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
Medivo
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 3:58 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Medivo » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:16 pm

Jon, I need to inform you of my special dietry requirements....

Rhubarb and custard's are mandatory, sandwiches are out of the question, as I can only eat pizza!

No rubbish coffee either, it'd better be the expensive stuff!

:P :P :P :lol:
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Medivo wrote:Jon, I need to inform you of my special dietry requirements....

Rhubarb and custard's are mandatory, sandwiches are out of the question, as I can only eat pizza!

No rubbish coffee either, it'd better be the expensive stuff!

:P :P :P :lol:


you'll have red mountain and like it! ;) :lol:

if i get enough people i could look into pizza if the majority want it.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
Dayle12
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 1:54 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Dayle12 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:27 am

I'll be in attendance this year
Will pay after the 20th,
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:34 am

Hi Dayle,

No worries look forward to seeing you there.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
User avatar
Grizzle
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:36 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Grizzle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:26 pm

I'm in for this!
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Question: Are we going to be able to play by Proxy, or are we limited to what we physically have to construct a muster?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 am

I'm going to say you are fine to have a conversion based on a mierce model as the core of the model but no proxies to help avoid confusion.

If however you have a unit upgrade for example the wolf claws upgrade for waelwulfs, not having these on these is ok as long as you are either consistent across an army, or only have one unit with the upgrade represented by something very obvious.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Jonathon Chester wrote:I'm going to say you are fine to have a conversion based on a mierce model as the core of the model but no proxies to help avoid confusion.

If however you have a unit upgrade for example the wolf claws upgrade for waelwulfs, not having these on these is ok as long as you are either consistent across an army, or only have one unit with the upgrade represented by something very obvious.


So say I wanted to include some Anglecynn Ceorl warriors in my Muster but the models haven't been released yet I could use Anglecynn Gesith Warriors instead?

What about if I wanted to substitute Ceorl warriors for Baalor warrriors from the Fomoraic kindred, would that be acceptable?

What about if I wanted to substitute Bowmen for Spearmen, but play them as Bowmen?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 pm

This sounds like proxying to me ;)
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Brightblade » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:15 pm

So what your basically saying is that if it hasn't been released as a Retail Miniature then you cannot include it in your Kindreds muster? Is this correct..
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Brightblade wrote:So what your basically saying is that if it hasn't been released as a Retail Miniature then you cannot include it in your Kindreds muster? Is this correct..


No, conversions are fine. It’s to avoid confusion as visually spearmen in your example don’t really look like bowmen, where as armour upgrades are fine as not every model has a representation of all of those.
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 851
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: Skirmish at Coffa Tree 4 - 28/07/2019

Postby Jonathon Chester » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm

Up to 10 players now matching last year!

This is great to see and hopefully some lurkers out there are looking to sign up and we can smash the player numbers!
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2018 - 127/100
One Hundred Minis Challenge 2019 - 48/100

Return to “Darklands Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest