MIERCENDISE!

For Kickstarter related discussion and chatter
User avatar
demyse
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:07 pm
Contact:

MIERCENDISE!

Postby demyse » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:46 am

So this is going to be the next kickstarter, and this is the list of stuff that has been banded about as ideas for what we will/may see:

Templates
pint pot tankard
posters
pens
mugs
shirts
tape measure
gaming mats



Personally I would love to get a dice bag as I am still using my warmachine one that causes me bouts of nerd rage from time to time (grumble grumble 3rd edition) and I cant wait to get the templates for some spells that I am missing.
Also definitely getting a mug or 2
baking a commemorative pie in the shape of an enormous pie
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am

Templates, a tankard and mats may be the things I'm interested in most
One Hundred Minis Challenge - 107/100
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Brightblade » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Likely to be any miniature storage in the mix too?
How about painting guides too?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Brightblade » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Also kindred dice packs and pouches?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
User avatar
Geoff
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Game related stuff would be useful -

- cardboard rule summary 'screen', featuring charts and streamlined rule text, etc.,

- templates

- LORE BOOK expaning upon the information of the existing kindreds. Details!

Anything unique and 'special' would be nice - yeah, a one off, really really nice medieval mug perhaps, but how many would Rob be able to sell, realistically?

Would a lot of the merchandise be worth his time and money, and OUR money?

Please, nothing that can't be already bought elsewhere from specialist manufacturers with just a logo stuck on it. Mats? Deepcut will sort you out.

I don't need another pen, or a tape measure. Darklands doesn't require a 'special' tape measure with alien units of measurement, it uses inches, and there are a shed load of high quality ones enough.

Pouches for dice? Just google 'medieval leather pouches' for stuff that looks like it belongs in the game.
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Jonathon Chester » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Geoff wrote:Game related stuff would be useful -

- cardboard rule summary 'screen', featuring charts and streamlined rule text, etc.,

- templates

- LORE BOOK expaning upon the information of the existing kindreds. Details!

Anything unique and 'special' would be nice - yeah, a one off, really really nice medieval mug perhaps, but how many would Rob be able to sell, realistically?

Would a lot of the merchandise be worth his time and money, and OUR money?

Please, nothing that can't be already bought elsewhere from specialist manufacturers with just a logo stuck on it. Mats? Deepcut will sort you out.

I don't need another pen, or a tape measure. Darklands doesn't require a 'special' tape measure with alien units of measurement, it uses inches, and there are a shed load of high quality ones enough.

Pouches for dice? Just google 'medieval leather pouches' for stuff that looks like it belongs in the game.


The lore book has already been funded in a previous Kickstarter it is to be produced still.

In regards to the pouch I’m fine with that being an option having a mierce one is a nice choice and you could order it at the same time as your minis.

With the mats surely more choice isn’t a bad thing?
One Hundred Minis Challenge - 107/100
User avatar
Geoff
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Geoff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Jonathon Chester wrote:
The lore book has already been funded in a previous Kickstarter it is to be produced still.

In regards to the pouch I’m fine with that being an option having a mierce one is a nice choice and you could order it at the same time as your minis.

With the mats surely more choice isn’t a bad thing?


I wasn't in on the Kickstarter, so the lore book is one item of 'Miercendise' I will surely be buying!

I'd be up for a great deal of stuff and yeah - absolutely go for it with anything. As long as it all is of the same high quality as the miniatures and the rulebook. Quality over quantity and cost.

A medieval' leather dice pouch with the logo embossed or stitched into it would be great - and certainly something other companies wouldn't offer as it would be too expensive for the mass market.

A pewter pin of the Mierce Wolfhead would be neat...

As for mats, sure - if they are designed first and foremost for the Darklands ruleset and miniature line. But other than having the Positioning Field lines printed on them (which you cannot have), I can't see how they would differ from the mats currently available.
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:47 pm

Please - all of you - be aware that a lot of people may want something that you may not particularly want or need. Just remember that when you critique what I'm putting on the project! Unlike yourselves I have to try and guess what most people want rather than what you want.

There's definitely going to be

- Mierce pen / dry wipe pen
- Mierce mug / pint pot tankard (glass)
- Mierce bottle opener
- posters
- Mierce dice pouch
- Mierce tape measure
- Mierce t-shirts
- Mierce beanie hat

One of these will be a freebie at a certain pledge level, not sure which yet.

- New order tokens for the new kindred realms
- New Crush / Spray / Area Effect templates
- Weather template
- Command tokens (retain, force, wary)
- Catalogue

There is a possibility of

- Summary screen (doubtful how many people would want this)
- Muster pad (a notepad to record your musters)
- Game pad (a notepad to record your games and their results, etc.)
- Gaming Mats (from deepcut, they'll be specific to kindreds) + snow covering for the Fomoraic
- Kindred dice (these are very expensive so it may have to wait until another project)
- Profile cards (probably another project)
- Terrain (definitely another project)

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:10 pm

If anyone's got any other suggestions, they're always welcome of course...

Cheers
Rob
HughB
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby HughB » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Posters of concept art?
Rick_Boer
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rick_Boer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:22 pm

I'd think / hope posters of the main Anglecynn/Norse skirmish and/or the Kindred dwellings
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Not sure about the kindred dwellings, the art doesn't look that great blown up.

Certainly the map, the cover art, and some concept art.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
DrNO172000
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby DrNO172000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:04 am

I would buy anything that could be used in game for sure. As I have bought all of the current templates and use only official stuff when provided such as dice.

As Rob said though it's got to be stuff with mass appeal at least some of it. Faction branded stuff is usually a sure bet for people who play, that is dice, tokens, etc. But how many people play Darklands vs simply love painting Mierce. The Mierce sculpts are often works of art so I imagine there is a large appeal to just painters. They aren't going to necessarily care about kindred dice. All things I imagine Rob will have to consider.

I think the best thing we can do is share the KS with anyone we might think would have interest in whatever items are provided. I've got a big wish list of stuff I'd like to see too but ultimately number one on my wish list is Mierce being as successful as possible.
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:25 am

DrNO172000 wrote: I've got a big wish list of stuff I'd like to see too but ultimately number one on my wish list is Mierce being as successful as possible.


Totally agree...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:07 am

Rob Lane wrote:Please - all of you - be aware that a lot of people may want something that you may not particularly want or need. Just remember that when you critique what I'm putting on the project! Unlike yourselves I have to try and guess what most people want rather than what you want.

There's definitely going to be

- Mierce pen / dry wipe pen
- Mierce mug / pint pot tankard (glass)
- Mierce bottle opener
- posters
- Mierce dice pouch
- Mierce tape measure
- Mierce t-shirts
- Mierce beanie hat

One of these will be a freebie at a certain pledge level, not sure which yet.

- New order tokens for the new kindred realms
- New Crush / Spray / Area Effect templates
- Weather template
- Command tokens (retain, force, wary)
- Catalogue

There is a possibility of

- Summary screen (doubtful how many people would want this)
- Muster pad (a notepad to record your musters)
- Game pad (a notepad to record your games and their results, etc.)
- Gaming Mats (from deepcut, they'll be specific to kindreds) + snow covering for the Fomoraic
- Kindred dice (these are very expensive so it may have to wait until another project)
- Profile cards (probably another project)
- Terrain (definitely another project)

Cheers
Rob


If the templates for attacks come up for everything that is available/WIP production such as rocks and cocnedir stone breath to name a few would be brilliant to have as currently the lack of certain template prevent us playing with certain mechanics. A 120mm model throwing the corpse of an 80mm model at something is a cinematic masterpiece but not really [playable currently.

Only question is when is the kickstarter planned?
One Hundred Minis Challenge - 107/100
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:42 am

Next week - it'll be a short one as I'm on holiday from July 17th.

Yes, all the templates are certainly planned, including the thrown object ones.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Geoff
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 am

DrNO172000 wrote:I think the best thing we can do is share the KS with anyone we might think would have interest in whatever items are provided. I've got a big wish list of stuff I'd like to see too but ultimately number one on my wish list is Mierce being as successful as possible.


Nicely put mate, agree too.

All your suggestions for the Kickstarter sound good Rob, and indeed there is obviously a market for Mierce branded stuff. I'd buy it all instant, even though I have just picked up a new tape measure! I'm a sucker for official stuff, and it would be awesome to keep the dice in a 'proper' bag, whether cloth, hessian, ... goat skin(!? jk). I understand what you're offering for the project and hope it is a great success. Looking forward to backing the Kickstarter.

On the subject of merchandise, here's a little bit of swag I picked up at Salute earlier this year. It's a dice holder or 'rolling' mat (or something!) and it was off the Deepcut stand. The things are dead simple, just a square of the actual game-mat material with plastic press studs in the corners, but really really nice. Someone there must have had a really bright idea to use the offcuts, I dunno. Maybe these things have been around for years and I've not seen one before.

They seemed to be flying off the stand at around £6 each. You may have seen em, or even got one... but in case not, this pic shows you what I mean. Every time I look at it I think it would be great if it had the Kindred insignia on it instead of the celtic knot.

So a suggestion of some other Miercendise could be kindred versions of these?

Image

Here's to the best of success with the new Kickstarter.
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:23 am

Rob just one quick thought, is this kickstarter going to be purely merchandise or will it also include miniatures in some format?
One Hundred Minis Challenge - 107/100
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 am

Geoff, now that is an awesome idea. I'm in talks!

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:44 am

Jonathon Chester wrote:Rob just one quick thought, is this kickstarter going to be purely merchandise or will it also include miniatures in some format?


It may include a few, yes. Depends what people want. Morag, possibly - from Darkholds.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:47 am

Question. Would you lot be prepared to pay £20 for a set of 10 kindred specific D10 dice?

Cheers
Rob
Jonathon Chester
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Jonathon Chester » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:21 am

Possibly a bit pricey, though I am aware of how much more dice with non standard numbers can be, but I know the completionist in me would make me pick up a set of brythoniaid but only if the symbol is the 9.
One Hundred Minis Challenge - 107/100
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Brightblade » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:44 am

Rob Lane wrote:Question. Would you lot be prepared to pay £20 for a set of 10 kindred specific D10 dice?

Cheers
Rob


Absolutely..

I have three Kindreds so that's 60quid, Doable..

If however as per the Realm Tokens and you made a set for each Realm within I Kindred, then the answer is no
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
User avatar
DrNO172000
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby DrNO172000 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Would I pay 20 GBP for custom dice? Let me put it this way, when I played Warmachine I bought the mercenary dice just to roll with the one or two mercenaries I bought.

I am a freak for branded game aids!
Last edited by DrNO172000 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Yes, the symbol would be the 9 of course, that's how it always will be. I wouldn't do realm dice though! Well, not yet...

Cheers
Rob
James Balmer
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby James Balmer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

I'd probably be interested in kindred dice yeah, or realm dice I guess though specific kindred in some instances interest me more.
User avatar
Geoff
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:34 pm

I'd have sprung for a set but already purchased some Darklands dice earlier in the year, so will likely pass on these. The Ysian horn emblem is really cool tho...
User avatar
Geoff
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 am

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Geoff » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:40 pm

Rob Lane wrote:Geoff, now that is an awesome idea. I'm in talks!

Cheers
Rob


Hey, that's cool! Hope you can work something out to get some sorted.
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:46 pm

User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:29 pm

I hope all you lot on here are backing!

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
DrNO172000
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:04 pm

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby DrNO172000 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:24 am

Rob Lane wrote:I hope all you lot on here are backing!

Cheers
Rob


I had a friend float me the script so I could get that limited edition fig! Caught me on a non pay week but I still made it happen.
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:51 am

Good man!

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Alex (ÉgB)
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 pm
Location: The Three Shires Oak, West Midlands, UK
Contact:

Re: MIERCENDISE!

Postby Alex (ÉgB) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:33 pm

I've gotta say, if Morag and Sáthach were available seperately (even if priced over the usual for their size and not given a limited number blister etc) I'd go for them in a heartbeat, but I just can't put up £100 for stuff I won't use just to get those two 30mm base minis.

In a way I feel a little penalised about not being able to get them (especially Morag as Sáthach is an alt sculpt so that isn't quite as bad); I get that it is a project for merchandise but because I'm not about that kind of stuff I can't get a miniature with in game specific rules, which is a shame. I've either got or have on order all the other sell-swords so far and have ammassed three musters of over 2500 gold so it's not like I'm just moaning and haven't supported Mierce along the journey how and when I can.

Just wanted to get it off my chest here rather than put a dampner on the KS comments as I certainly wouldn't want to harm the campaign in any way with what some might perceive as criticism.

That said, good luck with what remains of the campaign - and as importantly, enjoy your holiday Rob!
Érainn go Brách!

Blog: Alex Does Hobby Stuff

Return to “Darklands Kickstarter Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest