Attack Reactions and Activations

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Attack Reactions and Activations

Postby Brightblade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:59 am

So Question...

1) A unit activates and attacks with all its attacks and becomes weary, (exception is frenzied), it is then attacked by another Unit, can it Attack React back with all it's attacks or just it's Primary Attack?

2) A Unit that has not been activated yet, and is Lively, is attacked, it React Attacks with all it's attacks thus I assume making it weary, (exception is frenzied). When it activates, can it attack with all it's attacks or just it's Primary Attack?

3) Does an Attacking or React Attacking Unit always result in the unit becoming Wearied, (exception being Frenzied)?
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
User avatar
Rob Lane
Site Admin
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:46 pm
Location: Warsop Vale, Nottinghamshire
Contact:

Re: Attack Reactions and Activations

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Brightblade wrote:So Question...

1) A unit activates and attacks with all its attacks and becomes weary, (exception is frenzied), it is then attacked by another Unit, can it Attack React back with all it's attacks or just it's Primary Attack?


No, if the unit has already performed all of its attacks (i.e., is weary) with all of its combat weapons then it can do nothing.

Brightblade wrote:2) A Unit that has not been activated yet, and is Lively, is attacked, it React Attacks with all it's attacks thus I assume making it weary, (exception is frenzied). When it activates, can it attack with all it's attacks or just it's Primary Attack?


Correct, but once a unit is weary, it can't activate again during that battle hour - so the second part of your question doesn't apply.

Brightblade wrote:3) Does an Attacking or React Attacking Unit always result in the unit becoming Wearied, (exception being Frenzied)?


Yes. As soon as all of the combat weapons have been used, that's yer lot - the unit's weary.

Cheers
Rob
User avatar
Brightblade
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Re: Attack Reactions and Activations

Postby Brightblade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:52 pm

Thanks Rob, that's very interesting...
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests