Mounted Ysians

For discussion of Ysian hosts and their strategies and tactics
Kragnorak

Mounted Ysians

Postby Kragnorak » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:31 am

So...

I was reading the Redonculous Muster thread from a few years ago and I want to put together a similar list now that the long-awaited Alix of Carn Bran mounted is coming out. But I'm a n00b to this faction so

Questions are already arising:

General: Crom mounted. According to the muster chart, I'm guessing that limits me to taking the Margh-Drunes and only the Margh-Drunes as part of his unit. Other nobles won't help because I'm going to have the mounted magic-user as a companion which doesn't solve the issue. Is that correct that he cannot command goad-drunes or other units on foot due to the different speed values? Also, looking at mount options, what is the visual difference on the website between a Margh and a Drune-Horse?

Commander 2: Kill-Drune on Manticora - Is he subject to the same limitations as Crom on a horse? Are there any units he can command other than cavalry? If not, he would have to be taken as a companion noble I think.

Commander 3: Alix of Carn Bran - is she always a miercenary or can she be a legit noble in an Ysian host? I'm guessing she can muster monstrous beasts and not just beasts?

Brute-Corrupters: These get sold in a starter pack along with the bow-drunes. But is there a way to muster them without a death-brute commander?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this stuff is obvious to you guys!
Kragnorak

Re: Mounted Ysians

Postby Kragnorak » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:46 am

For clarity, in that other thread, the command shown below was listed. Is this still legal?

Commander 2:
Battle Drune + Mount : Common (auth. 77, used 17)
5 x Margh Drune : Mainstay
1 x Mantichora : Uncommon (bound to goad drune unit)
3 x Goad Drune : Uncommon (auth.17)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:27 pm

Kragnorak wrote:So...

I was reading the Redonculous Muster thread from a few years ago and I want to put together a similar list now that the long-awaited Alix of Carn Bran mounted is coming out. But I'm a n00b to this faction so

Questions are already arising:

General: Crom mounted. According to the muster chart, I'm guessing that limits me to taking the Margh-Drunes and only the Margh-Drunes as part of his unit.

No, that's not quite correct - it's not a restrictive muster path (which is a brown/beige box on the left); so you can choose ax-drunes as your sworn unit if you wish and other pledged / petitioned units that aren't on muster paths (except for the riding a margh-drune muster path).

Kragnorak wrote:Thanks in advance, sorry if this stuff is obvious to you guys!

Don't be daft, I know it's not always obvious at first!

Kragnorak wrote:Other nobles won't help because I'm going to have the mounted magic-user as a companion which doesn't solve the issue. Is that correct that he cannot command goad-drunes or other units on foot due to the different speed values?

Again, don't worry about that, he can take goad-drunes or other units on foot etc.

Kragnorak wrote:Also, looking at mount options, what is the visual difference on the website between a Margh and a Drune-Horse?

The margh is a standard horse, the drune-horse (really a drune-margh) is a larger horse (70x40mm base). They're tougher and so forth!

Kragnorak wrote:Commander 2: Kill-Drune on Manticora - Is he subject to the same limitations as Crom on a horse? Are there any units he can command other than cavalry? If not, he would have to be taken as a companion noble I think.

Again, that's not a restrictive muster path (not a brown box on the left), so he can choose anything that he could if he wasn't riding a mantichora.

Kragnorak wrote:Commander 3: Alix of Carn Bran - is she always a miercenary or can she be a legit noble in an Ysian host? I'm guessing she can muster monstrous beasts and not just beasts?

She can be a legitimate noble in an Ysian host, check her rules. She can muster living warriors of the privilege Beast, which means most beasts and monstrous beasts.

Kragnorak wrote:Brute-Corrupters: These get sold in a starter pack along with the bow-drunes. But is there a way to muster them without a death-brute commander?

I'm afraid not, the starter commands will change at some point soon though.

Hope that helps!

Cheers
Rob
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:28 pm

Kragnorak wrote:For clarity, in that other thread, the command shown below was listed. Is this still legal?

Commander 2:
Battle Drune + Mount : Common (auth. 77, used 17)
5 x Margh Drune : Mainstay
1 x Mantichora : Uncommon (bound to goad drune unit)
3 x Goad Drune : Uncommon (auth.17)

That's absolutely fine.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Ysians”