GT 2023 Host list questions

For discussion of Ysian hosts and their strategies and tactics
Robola

GT 2023 Host list questions

Postby Robola » Sun May 14, 2023 12:15 pm

Hello all,
Hope you are all well?
I'm heading to the GT this year and have some question which I hope you can help with.

Question one. If i have a Battle-drune mounted on a hound margh joined to a unit of margh drunes (sworn unit) and they have the Blood banner, does the battle drune also have the Blood lust tokens?
I have given the Battle drune Blood greaves, so would this work?

Question two.
Given War drune (general) Mask of Carn Dhu. If he is in a unit does the unit as a whole have Terrifying?
Also, If the War drune sworn unit has the Ruinous standard does he get the added constitution?

After Sheffield Slaughter we were trying out units with banners being able to take artifects. Is this still a thing? If not the above questions do not matter.

Just one more question?
Are Ysian Bow-drunes worth taking in a 1500 silver list? I have taken a single Flesh drune with a Joining XX, but could drop it. My current list has Warlord and Ax drunes with Wizard and Host banner and Host Champion on Mantichora, Death brutes with brutes, corruptors and Meat hulk, Hound margh battle drune Margh drunes and Dogs.
Thanks for you help.
Rob G Weston
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: GT 2023 Host list questions

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 15, 2023 9:36 am

Robola wrote:Hello all,
Hope you are all well?
I'm heading to the GT this year and have some question which I hope you can help with.

Question one. If i have a Battle-drune mounted on a hound margh joined to a unit of margh drunes (sworn unit) and they have the Blood banner, does the battle drune also have the Blood lust tokens?
I have given the Battle drune Blood greaves, so would this work?

I'll clarify that to randomise the blood-lust between the different warriors in the unit. Nice combo - another reason I'll have to randomise the blood-lust!

Robola wrote:Question two.
Given War drune (general) Mask of Carn Dhu. If he is in a unit does the unit as a whole have Terrifying?

Only if his mass is equal to or greater than the mass of his unit (i.e., his unit is him and one other bloke). A unit that gets into contact with the war drune will have to take a VALOUR TEST regardless of who else is in his unit though.

Robola wrote:Also, If the War drune sworn unit has the Ruinous standard does he get the added constitution?

Yes.

Robola wrote:After Sheffield Slaughter we were trying out units with banners being able to take artifects. Is this still a thing? If not the above questions do not matter.

Do you mean banner bearers? One banner bearer that is a vassal can take a banner artefact (no other kinds of artefacts), but only if he's in the general's command.

Robola wrote:Just one more question?
Are Ysian Bow-drunes worth taking in a 1500 silver list? I have taken a single Flesh drune with a Joining XX, but could drop it. My current list has Warlord and Ax drunes with Wizard and Host banner and Host Champion on Mantichora, Death brutes with brutes, corruptors and Meat hulk, Hound margh battle drune Margh drunes and Dogs.
Thanks for you help.
Rob G Weston

I would always take some archers mate, they're very handy. But as always, it's up to you...

Cheers
Rob
Dayle12

Postby Dayle12 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:40 am

So follow up to the randomising off blood then
How would that work in units when theyve won a combat?

Does every individual noble and unit within the unit get 1 blood lust token or would you have to randomise which model part/unit got the 1 blood (or 2 in case of frenzied)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 15, 2023 10:13 am

Dayle12 wrote:So follow up to the randomising off blood then
How would that work in units when theyve won a combat?

Does every individual noble and unit within the unit get 1 blood lust token or would you have to randomise which model part/unit got the 1 blood (or 2 in case of frenzied)

The former - you get one per different unit within the unit... although I'm not sure I've ever clarified that.

Cheers
Rob
Dayle12

Postby Dayle12 » Mon May 15, 2023 10:22 am

Okay so last one,
In terms of a mixed unit of nobles/unit,
If they become inspired by the blood fury tune, does each individual get d5 blood tokens
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 15, 2023 12:32 pm

Blood-lust is a thorny one. They're attached to units as a whole, not individual warriors in a unit; the only time separate blood-lust is mentioned is when nobles Join / Leave units.

So as it stands, the unit as a whole has blood-lust, not individual parts of it. This does mean that artefacts on a noble will have the same amount of blood-lust on them as their unit.

I see no reason to change this at all; but possibly some of the artefacts need to (and I will take back what I said about the banner in the topic that Rob G started).

Cheers
Rob
Robola

Postby Robola » Mon May 15, 2023 2:51 pm

Thanks for the fast response. Just to clarify, are we randomising the Blood-lust tokens or not?
I don't think the I would be able to use the combo as the cavalry unit is a separate command from the General.
I'm right in thinking I could have an influenced war chief in the Generals command and have him join a cavalry unit on deployment?

One other question. I was looking a armour that gives 1 point of corruption to a unit in base contact each activation.
This seems a little weak as it does not seem to based off of mass. I was thinking could be a little better as a D5 instead. In a challenge I can see the affect but up against a unit which might only be in contact for maybe 2/3 activations. At Sheffield Slaughter there was not a challenge that I remember. I sure most realms have a similar piece of armour.

Cheers
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 15, 2023 4:14 pm

Robola wrote:Thanks for the fast response. Just to clarify, are we randomising the Blood-lust tokens or not?

No.

Robola wrote:I don't think the I would be able to use the combo as the cavalry unit is a separate command from the General.
I'm right in thinking I could have an influenced war chief in the Generals command and have him join a cavalry unit on deployment?

Yes, that's correct!

Robola wrote:One other question. I was looking a armour that gives 1 point of corruption to a unit in base contact each activation.
This seems a little weak as it does not seem to based off of mass. I was thinking could be a little better as a D5 instead. In a challenge I can see the affect but up against a unit which might only be in contact for maybe 2/3 activations. At Sheffield Slaughter there was not a challenge that I remember. I sure most realms have a similar piece of armour.

Cheers

Corruption is so rife it will soon spread my friend... trust me!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Ysians”