Saint Paul, MN

For players in the USA and Canada to introduce themselves.
Vhalan

Saint Paul, MN

Postby Vhalan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:00 pm

I've seen a few other MN residents back the KS. Who else is around? Im looking to get a 499 Kthones host painted up over the Holidays and would be interested in a game.
edopersichetti

Re: Saint Paul, MN

Postby edopersichetti » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:28 am

Hi there! I live in Madison SD, just 50miles from Sioux Falls and not very far from Minneapolis! I am about to start Norse and it'd be great to get a game in sometimes!
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Thu May 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Received my rule books and finished a unit of Fiends for 499 GP. Also working on 999 GP of Krokodar. Anyone else local?
yojamesbo

Postby yojamesbo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Just backed the Starter Hosts KS. I have to wait until everything arrives and I have the time to learn the rules and assemble everything, but I am also in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis now, but moving to St. Paul in March).
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:47 am

Cool. Im in Grad School now and my painting fell off the cliff. This should be a motivator.

What host did you back for?
yojamesbo

Postby yojamesbo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:52 am

Jutes and Ysians, enough to field either for smaller games.

Painting neglect happens, I have an impressive backlog of Infinity and Malifaux minis that I've assembled and then let sit.

Anyone else in the cities that plays DLs?
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Kythones/Byzantii/Jutes probably up to 2500 gold battles if I got them painted up. I've got the Jutes on the section of my desk for painting.

Not that I've found. I think I've seen other St. Paul flagged KS backers but its nearly impossible to connect through KS.
yojamesbo

Postby yojamesbo » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:06 pm

If you got them painted up? Friend, you can play with a pile of proxies for all I care. Painting's nice, but hardly necessary, at least in my very laid-back view of things.

Either way, it sounds like you've been accumulating DL minis for a while, have you ever had a chance to get them on the table? Just curious.

It's a shame that there aren't more players about, but there you go. I myself hadn't heard of this until pretty recently, the game just doesn't seem to have much of a presence here. Yet. I'm involved in the local Infinity scene, maybe I can peel off one or two of those guys...
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:48 pm

I stopped playing 40k after 6th dropped and my armies (GK and Orks) wernt much fun. Ive been tossing pledges at the various KS for models of the factions that interested me. The time I used to use to paint 40k has gone into DL, just in a less methodical and far more scattershot approach (i.e. today Ill paint this random model!). This week I started and will probably finish Thacaldān after it sat primed for longer then I care to admit :)

Ive got 1k gold worth of Krokodar's primed and assembled. Thats probably what Id bring till I got the Jutes up to snuff. I dont have a legal Infernii host but Ive got a Craven Fiends squad painted along with Scecchus.

One of my friends from the group is curious, I haven't gotten two forces together. Nor have I tried to block off the time. About the time I started receiving stuff is when I changed jobs and then started Grad School now that I get an education benefit again.

I'd enjoy a game. I just havent pushed for one. However, this is motivation to get back on track as now there is a deadlines involved.
yojamesbo

Postby yojamesbo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Hey duder, been a bit. How are things looking on your end?

I'm close to having playable hosts assembled for Jutes and Formoraic, though my Ysians have been lagging (and I now have Erainn on order because I won one of the Movember raffles...). Nothing's painted yet, but that's never stopped me from rolling dice before.

Anyway, I wanted to touch base because it's been a bit and because with the holidays coming up I'll have a bit more time away from work. Let me know what you're up to!
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm

I sent you an private message with my email. I check that regularly but yes, Im still interested in a game!
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 am

To nudge this back to the top, there are now three of us in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area of MN that either have our stuff or have stuff on order.
yojamesbo

Postby yojamesbo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:38 pm

What he said!

We're just getting up and running and Vhalan and I will be getting our first starter game in this coming month. If you're in the Twin Cities and looking to play, I'm game!
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 pm

/bump back to the top. Message me if you are in the area
Vhalan

Postby Vhalan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:28 pm

New Year (lol) new bump.

Would love an excuse to move some stuff to the priority side of my painting desk.

Return to “USA/Canada”