Frenzied units against multiple enemies

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
ministry_of_fear

Frenzied units against multiple enemies

Postby ministry_of_fear » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:03 pm

If i have a frenzied unit in contact with two, or more, enemy units and they are attacked, do i only attack reaction with those in contact with the unit that initiated the attack?
Or does the whole unit react and attack anybody in contact?
Brightblade

Re: Frenzied units against multiple enemies

Postby Brightblade » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:18 pm

ministry_of_fear wrote:If i have a frenzied unit in contact with two, or more, enemy units and they are attacked, do i only attack reaction with those in contact with the unit that initiated the attack?

Tricky one...

I would say that the whole unit attacks whatever they are engaged with but only those Frenzied warriors that were attacked can class the attack as a React attack, the others are using their attack round to attack, meaning that when the Frenzied unit is in turn to attack only the warriors that react attacked can actually attack..

That's how I would read it, although this does get a little messy trying to remember who reacted and who attacked.
Devlin Brightblade, Lord of Saxon Hammerwich, Slayer of Trolls, Tamer of Manticores, Petter of Flint Flang the Kill Thing from the Infernal Pits..

As you slide down the Bannister of Life, may the Splinters be kind...
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Frenzied units against multiple enemies

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:44 am

ministry_of_fear wrote:If i have a frenzied unit in contact with two, or more, enemy units and they are attacked, do i only attack reaction with those in contact with the unit that initiated the attack?

Any unit can only Attack react against enemies that have Attacked them. Frenzied units would have to Attack Move warriors that aren't engaged towards the unit that Attacked them.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”