Skorpion major/immobilsing

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Dayle12

Skorpion major/immobilsing

Postby Dayle12 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:51 pm

So with the changes to how immobilising strike works,
And having used the skorpion major in up to about 75 games since the changes, that it just doesnt work anymore, either through lack of fated hits or just fated damage rolls, now part of that is due to bad luck, but not getting it once is a little bit more
So heres a proposal,

How about if immobilising strike occurs on a fated hit or fated damage regardless of mass but can only immobilise 1 miniature/warrior
This reduces book keeping with which venom tokens causes immobilise and which dont, (but venom resistant things would be immune to it)
Also stops big things from immobilising half of a unit with how continuous effects work,
And means i might get the effect off
All of this would apply to anything that has immobilising strike anyway
Its just thoughts on the past x amounts of games ive had with that effect
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Skorpion major/immobilsing

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:27 am

Dayle12 wrote:So with the changes to how immobilising strike works,
And having used the skorpion major in up to about 75 games since the changes, that it just doesnt work anymore, either through lack of fated hits or just fated damage rolls, now part of that is due to bad luck, but not getting it once is a little bit more
So heres a proposal,

How about if immobilising strike occurs on a fated hit or fated damage regardless of mass but can only immobilise 1 miniature/warrior
This reduces book keeping with which venom tokens causes immobilise and which dont, (but venom resistant things would be immune to it)
Also stops big things from immobilising half of a unit with how continuous effects work,
And means i might get the effect off
All of this would apply to anything that has immobilising strike anyway
Its just thoughts on the past x amounts of games ive had with that effect

This is a thorny one and I'm not convinced. Your skorpion is mass 14 or so, right? So you're applying 14 venom tokens if you get a fated. How has that not immobilised anything? Are you telling me the skorpion never gets fateds?

Cheers
Rob
Dayle12

Postby Dayle12 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:09 pm

It is mass 13, but i also gave it some more thought, and it is due to lack of fated hits, it really has never caused any fated hits, with 4 dice it just doesnt happen,
Now like i said before it is partially down to bad luck, but maybe the answer would be adding 2 dice to its tail sting?

As i did give it some thought and came to the conclusion to get the most out of immobilising strike would be to take the equivalent silver cost in tiamatus or minors
Thats just my thoughts axperience so far with the skorpion
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:52 pm

Yeah, that's unlucky I would suggest, perhaps you're right on the stingers. I'll add them, although it will increase the cost of the skorpion.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”