Muster nobles as unit

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
malkenius

Muster nobles as unit

Postby malkenius » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Hello from Spain

Congratulations for the recent kickstarter! Two friends and me have started now in darklands and we are excited with the minis and the game.

I have a question about muster nobles as unit...

In the muster rules 4.4: "Nobles can be mustered as units in their own right, rather than as the host's general or a commander. However, their AUTHORITY does not add to the COMMAND AUTHORITY of a command in the same way as vassals; their AUTHORITY simply has to be less than or equal to the AUTHORITY of the commander.
Nobles mustered in this manner are not commanders in any way and follow all the other rules for units within a command."

Reading other post I have deduced that most people play with the nobles as commanders or general...the question is: what are the benefits/handicap to play nobles like unit? It seems to be fantastic warriors with powerful atacks or invocations without command authority loss...
deadlydeceiver

Re: Muster nobles as unit

Postby deadlydeceiver » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:53 pm

Well, if you muster a noble as commander he NEEDS to have at last one unit to command, so if you want to build a host with more nobles than regular units you have to muster them as units.

Best DD
Come visit my blog about Mierce, Kingdom Death and more
http://sendtheeighth.blogspot.de/
malkenius

Postby malkenius » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Perfect
I was in doubt more or less as the same way like your comment in the kthones muster post (great kindred ;) ) with the liskarchon on his own...for me was not 100% clear but I suppose I can field any noble as unit without problem.
Thanks deadlydeceiver
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:44 pm

Malkenius,

Glad you enjoyed the project!

The benefits are obvious of course, you get powerful warriors for no Authority; BUT most nobles are Uncommon or Rare, so you will hit the Ubiquity limits for those very quickly if you muster a lot of commanders.

Cheers

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”