Companion Warchief

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
cwesterman13

Companion Warchief

Postby cwesterman13 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:09 am

Hi,

I hope this isn't a stupid question - If mustering a companion warchief from a commander's Sworn box, does this count as that commander's 0-1 sworn units; and, if they have a noble line to a pledged unit, are you required to take that unit?

Thanks
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Companion Warchief

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:54 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:Hi,
I hope this isn't a stupid question - If mustering a companion warchief from a commander's Sworn box, does this count as that commander's 0-1 sworn units;

No, he doesn't, I'm afraid!

cwesterman13 wrote:and, if they have a noble line to a pledged unit, are you required to take that unit?

Not at all; the line is there to show what he can muster for you - you don't have to take any of the units on that line, but only with his presence can the commander muster those units. Effectively, companion warchiefs from a Sworn box are devoted under-leaders that a commander uses to command units he doesn't want to (or can't) control himself.

Cheers
Rob
jereme

Postby jereme » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:13 pm

I have a piggy-back question. I'm looking at the Brythoniaid muster (2.01), specifically the Prifdyndraig. I see that Cadben may be taken as companion warchief, and that the Cadben can muster some other units. However, Prifdyndraig are only from the realm of Gwaelod, and the Cadben and the other units he unlocks are "not Gwaelod". Isn't this in direct conflict of muster rule 1.1.5.3.1? How does this work with regard to authority, realm, and orders?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sun May 01, 2022 9:21 pm

jereme wrote:I have a piggy-back question. I'm looking at the Brythoniaid muster (2.01), specifically the Prifdyndraig. I see that Cadben may be taken as companion warchief, and that the Cadben can muster some other units. However, Prifdyndraig are only from the realm of Gwaelod, and the Cadben and the other units he unlocks are "not Gwaelod". Isn't this in direct conflict of muster rule 1.1.5.3.1?

Yeah, that needs to be removed! Good spot! In addition, I need to restrict the Cadben and his units to Gwynedd units (for the dyndraig) and similar for Powys and Ceredigion units.

jereme wrote:How does this work with regard to authority, realm, and orders?

Companion warchiefs cost 0 AUTHORITY, but the units cost their normal AUTHORITY of course.

Realm costs are whatever their realm is counted as; orders as per their commander. The Cadben is just a lesser noble within the command, so he's got the same orders as his commander.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”