Artefacts

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
cwesterman13

Artefacts

Postby cwesterman13 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:36 am

According to the muster rules; "Warriors may only purchase artefacts from a particular artefact list, which is listed on his profile"; but I'm (possibly just being blind) not seeing this listed on any profiles - is access to your own kindred artefact list implied for any non-unique warriors? and can sell-sword artefacts be taken by other kindreds by default?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Artefacts

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:56 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:According to the muster rules; "Warriors may only purchase artefacts from a particular artefact list, which is listed on his profile"; but I'm (possibly just being blind) not seeing this listed on any profiles - is access to your own kindred artefact list implied for any non-unique warriors? and can sell-sword artefacts be taken by other kindreds by default?

Apologies - there will be kindred-specific artefact lists, which I'll make sure are done over the next few weeks.

Currently only the Khthones and Anglecynn artefact lists are done, along with the sell-swords one (which I've allowed people to use with their kindreds in the absence of their own), but I'm working on Byzantii at the moment which should be done over the next few days. Then it's on to the next kindred, probably Brythoniaid.

The Sherwood GT will require people to only use their own artefact list!

Also, let me know if you have difficulties mustering anything - it really helps me if someone new-ish to the game attemps to use them for the first time. Let me know how confusing it is and what I can do to improve it please!

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:36 pm

Thanks Rob; It's a little disappointing to miss out on some of the Sellsword ones, but looking forward to the Welsh getting their own Artefacts!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:16 am

cwesterman13 wrote:Thanks Rob; It's a little disappointing to miss out on some of the Sellsword ones, but looking forward to the Welsh getting their own Artefacts!

Yeah, I think Dayle feels the same way ;o)

However, you could of course choose a sell-sword in the Brythoniaid muster... if you really want those items!

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:04 am

I mean, I'd far rather have Brythoniaid-specific ones! At least so long as they get some options I like...
GrandWarmastwe

Postby GrandWarmastwe » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:00 am

Just a question a about the banner artefacts as the price is on unit mass and on unit banner as I play byzantii and the legion has a signifier per centry (love this btw) do I pay the mass of 1+item or should I pay for the unit it will join?
Allso of the noble banner gets the artifact and joins a new unit will the rules and abilities of the banner move over?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:01 pm

GrandWarmastwe wrote:Just a question a about the banner artefacts as the price is on unit mass and on unit banner as I play byzantii and the legion has a signifier per centry (love this btw) do I pay the mass of 1+item or should I pay for the unit it will join?

The mass of the signifer; watch out for Byzantii artefacts shortly though, I'll be uploading them later.

GrandWarmastwe wrote:Allso of the noble banner gets the artifact and joins a new unit will the rules and abilities of the banner move over?

Well, it depends what the banner does, but yes...

Cheers
Rob
GrandWarmastwe

Postby GrandWarmastwe » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 pm

Ok watching out for those artefacts lists!!

The banner gave "tough" on the unit was great to use on a large unit of infantry.
wildbill

Postby wildbill » Thu May 05, 2022 2:20 pm

On the subject of artifacts.

Can you assign a Brand to a Large character or is it just units.

For example Brand of Dunholm on a BeornHelm (Sleanbera Thegn)
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri May 06, 2022 9:00 am

wildbill wrote:On the subject of artifacts.

Can you assign a Brand to a Large character or is it just units.

For example Brand of Dunholm on a BeornHelm (Sleanbera Thegn)

Brands can only go on warriors of the privilege 'beast'. p26 of the muster rules.

Cheers
Rob
wildbill

Postby wildbill » Wed May 11, 2022 10:23 am

So no artifacts on any warrior larger than 4 except for brands, but no brands unless your a beast?

But that means all the large models in your range cannot get an artifact unless you specifically allow it in a profile? Which defo seems really restrictive ( why can't my Sleanbera thegn get a heroic magical war axe, special armour or banner, horn, size 5 is why)

I've spare points, I've went large models for my army. Nope no magical filler items for you. Other than Brands and only if they have beast in the class?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Wed May 11, 2022 10:46 am

wildbill wrote:So no artifacts on any warrior larger than 4 except for brands, but no brands unless your a beast?

But that means all the large models in your range cannot get an artifact unless you specifically allow it in a profile? Which defo seems really restrictive ( why can't my Sleanbera thegn get a heroic magical war axe, special armour or banner, horn, size 5 is why)

I've spare points, I've went large models for my army. Nope no magical filler items for you. Other than Brands and only if they have beast in the class?

Don't worry mate, I've upped it to mass 10 now. It will all become clear in the latest muster rules update, which I'll do shortly.

Cheers
Rob
wildbill

Postby wildbill » Wed May 11, 2022 3:33 pm

;) Cool, cheers Rob.

Over ti the rules section
now I've a question ti ask........ ;) 8-)

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”