The Kin of a Command

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
cwesterman13

The Kin of a Command

Postby cwesterman13 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:52 am

If a rule (such as the brythoniaid Abad's "Only in his Image") refers to the kin of a command; how is this determined? majority kin, or the kin of the leader? All other attributes of a command (kindred, realm etc) are covered in the muster rules, but it doesn't cover determining the Kin of a command!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: The Kin of a Command

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 23, 2022 1:34 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:If a rule (such as the brythoniaid Abad's "Only in his Image") refers to the kin of a command; how is this determined? majority kin, or the kin of the leader? All other attributes of a command (kindred, realm etc) are covered in the muster rules, but it doesn't cover determining the Kin of a command!

Kin of the commander. It's an Abad rule so not in the rule book - I'll make it clear.

"Warriors that are not of the Abad's Kin may not be included in an Abad's command, and nor may he Join any unit or be part of any command that contains Kin that is not the Abad's."

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:22 pm

Rob Lane wrote:
cwesterman13 wrote:If a rule (such as the brythoniaid Abad's "Only in his Image") refers to the kin of a command; how is this determined? majority kin, or the kin of the leader? All other attributes of a command (kindred, realm etc) are covered in the muster rules, but it doesn't cover determining the Kin of a command!

Kin of the commander. It's an Abad rule so not in the rule book - I'll make it clear.

"Warriors that are not of the Abad's Kin may not be included in an Abad's command, and nor may he Join any unit or be part of any command that contains Kin that is not the Abad's."

Cheers
Rob

Thanks, that makes sense. Possibly a stupid question, but does that include mounts?
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 23, 2022 4:37 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:

Cheers
Rob

Thanks, that makes sense. Possibly a stupid question, but does that include mounts?

This is on p60, although it doesn't really say; so I'll make sure that's clear. Damn good question!

Cheers
Rob
cwesterman13

Postby cwesterman13 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:46 pm

Rob Lane wrote:
cwesterman13 wrote:
Rob Lane wrote:

Cheers
Rob

This is on p60, although it doesn't really say; so I'll make sure that's clear. Damn good question!

Cheers
Rob

Yeah, P60 doesn't really clarify either way - I can't see even the most fervent of clergy being overly offended by someone riding a horse!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Mon May 23, 2022 4:53 pm

cwesterman13 wrote:Yeah, P60 doesn't really clarify either way - I can't see even the most fervent of clergy being overly offended by someone riding a horse!

I'll make sure it says horses can be included!

When we make the Abad again he'll be able to ride a horse anyway.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”