Darklands: Second Edition - Muster Rules and Kindred Musters Update

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Darklands: Second Edition - Muster Rules and Kindred Musters Update

Postby Rob Lane » Tue May 31, 2022 3:37 pm

Everyone,

Here's the second quarter update on the Darklands: Second Edition Muster Rules and Kindred Musters.

I say second quarter because I am intending to update them at the end of each quarter, so the next update will be on the 1st of October. I know that's four months but the Sherwood GT is on my mind for this one.

Go here to download them: http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=drm

Changes to the muster rules include:
- companions cannot be placed under SCOUT or FLANK orders
- companions cannot have mounts larger than the general's mount, excepting host champions
- artefact type list updated to reflect the new artefacts
- rules for augments (similar to brands) updated to reflect the new Atalantes artefacts

General changes to the kindred musters include:
- The text of unavailable (i.e., cannot be used in official Darklands battles) profiles on the muster chart are now in grey; and those profiles themselves are in pink. These profiles do not have any miniatures planned any time soon.
- Profiles that have upcoming miniatures are in blue text on the muster chart, and blue text on the profiles themselves. These still cannot be used in official Darklands battles, but their miniatures are coming soon.
- Any creation invocations have an additional restriction; they may only be used to create a warrior successfully once per animus of the sorcerer attempting to Invoke them.

Specific changes to kindred musters include:
- Anglecynn - artefact list updated
- Atalantes - NEW artefact list!
- Brythoniaid - NEW artefact list!
- Byzantii - NEW artefact list! / NEW host banner bearers and host heralds / NEW bicorniger warrior
- Érainn - NEW artefact list! / NEW stump beast warrior
- Fomoraic - NEW artefact list for Baalor / slight updates to the Moraine Warriors / Shard Beasts / Moraine Beast
- Khthones - artefact list updated
- Norse - NEW bergjötunn warrior
- Ysians - NEW artefact list!
- Sell-Swords - artefact list updated

Feel free to note any errors or typos in these updates by replying to this post.

- Note that the versions of the musters and muster rules, v2.01, will now be superseded by v2.02 in the future as the rule book is now printed and "out there".

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”