Some points on Erainn

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Carl

Some points on Erainn

Postby Carl » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:46 pm

Hey Warlords,

we had some games over the weekend and some points came up.

1. Bog Banner, same reasons as for the Riven Bough. Amphibious Carbads might be at least a millenia too early...
2. Hidden Bog, is a nice spell, but it may be needed to reduce it to 24" max or even lower. We had it a few times over the weekend that we summoned 30"+ bogs per turn. Mordrui with extra dice and Ring of the Silver Branch.
3. Fir Bholg Thrower are not able to use their Hedge Rule, as Hedge requires Shieldwall.
4. Blesses Water. It is unplayable... it is listed as "add, mundane artefact, blessed damage" whilst all the others coatings are listed as "add, effect damage, mundane artefact" It huts looking at it <.< make it stop...
5. Shot weapon Artefact Slings are usable on horseback
6. Two Hand Options on the Fir Danu and Curadh Fir Danu are missing the footonly rule.

Question we had:

7. Brainlime, how exactly does it work? It states warriors damaged by it need to make a panic reactions. No problem wounding nobles, solitare beasts, but how does it work on units? Does only the damaged warrior need to test? Does none? Does all?

Thoughts we had:

8. While the option of 2 Peat Beasts forming a bog beast is rather cool, if we understand it correct it puts you back 76 Silver on the Butchers Bill which made it in our games a rather bad decision to do. If the Bog beast dies you lost 167 silver which hurts badly in the Range of 1000-1500 Silver.

9. Same goes even stronger for Fir Danu. If you use Favoured of Danu you lose at least 6 Silver for the Warrior it mutates out of and another 21 if the Fir Danu dies, putting you back 27 Silver per Fir Danu, which leads us to just pop 1 or 2 out in a unit to make it fearless which seems a bit gamey. I personaly love the Models and concept and always pop as many as I can beacuse i just love them, other generals mostly use 1-2 per unit to make the whole unit fearless, which is a very cheap upgrade for such a strong rule.

Edit: 10. Beast of Danu, multiplying by d10 might be a bit too much, maybe d5 would be enough? He was able to invoke too often on the whole battlefield, while rolling a 0 was not really a downside, as you could just move.

We had fun games over the weekend and still love the hosts. Jute is still unbeaten and we took a deeper look into the Kthones, which we start to grow on!

Shiny Greetings,
Carl
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Some points on Erainn

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:20 pm

Carl wrote:Hey Warlords,

we had some games over the weekend and some points came up.

1. Bog Banner, same reasons as for the Riven Bough. Amphibious Carbads might be at least a millenia too early...

Haha yeah, I'll fix that.

Carl wrote:2. Hidden Bog, is a nice spell, but it may be needed to reduce it to 24" max or even lower. We had it a few times over the weekend that we summoned 30"+ bogs per turn. Mordrui with extra dice and Ring of the Silver Branch.

Doesn't anybody employ anti-magic against you?!?

It's a fair point, I'll do that.

Carl wrote:3. Fir Bholg Thrower are not able to use their Hedge Rule, as Hedge requires Shieldwall.

I'll remove that rule.

Carl wrote:4. Blesses Water. It is unplayable... it is listed as "add, mundane artefact, blessed damage" whilst all the others coatings are listed as "add, effect damage, mundane artefact" It huts looking at it <.< make it stop...

:mrgreen:

Carl wrote:5. Shot weapon Artefact Slings are usable on horseback

Have already noted that and fixed it.

Carl wrote:6. Two Hand Options on the Fir Danu and Curadh Fir Danu are missing the footonly rule.

Again, fixed.

Carl wrote:Question we had:

7. Brainlime, how exactly does it work? It states warriors damaged by it need to make a panic reactions. No problem wounding nobles, solitare beasts, but how does it work on units? Does only the damaged warrior need to test? Does none? Does all?

Good spot, I'll change it to "a unit damaged".

Carl wrote:Thoughts we had:

8. While the option of 2 Peat Beasts forming a bog beast is rather cool, if we understand it correct it puts you back 76 Silver on the Butchers Bill which made it in our games a rather bad decision to do. If the Bog beast dies you lost 167 silver which hurts badly in the Range of 1000-1500 Silver.

I'm not quite sure what you mean; the combined Bog Beast would cost the silver of the two peat beasts, not a bog beast plus the two peat beasts. I'll make that clear though!

Carl wrote:9. Same goes even stronger for Fir Danu. If you use Favoured of Danu you lose at least 6 Silver for the Warrior it mutates out of and another 21 if the Fir Danu dies, putting you back 27 Silver per Fir Danu, which leads us to just pop 1 or 2 out in a unit to make it fearless which seems a bit gamey. I personaly love the Models and concept and always pop as many as I can beacuse i just love them, other generals mostly use 1-2 per unit to make the whole unit fearless, which is a very cheap upgrade for such a strong rule.

Hmm. Again, same deal; it does say "replace the cost of the Tuanagh or Fiannagh warrior with that of the Fir Danu warrior", so I'm not sure how you get to 27. I've made it clear anyway.

Carl wrote:Edit: 10. Beast of Danu, multiplying by d10 might be a bit too much, maybe d5 would be enough? He was able to invoke too often on the whole battlefield, while rolling a 0 was not really a downside, as you could just move.

Good point, I think you're right there. D5 it is.

Carl wrote:We had fun games over the weekend and still love the hosts. Jute is still unbeaten and we took a deeper look into the Kthones, which we start to grow on!

Shiny Greetings,
Carl

Awesome stuff Carl, got some good bug fixes in there!!

Jutes are unbeaten? Show me their host please!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”