Atalantes muster queries

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Crazyguy501

Atalantes muster queries

Postby Crazyguy501 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:54 am

Hey! Just noticed a couple of things on the Atalantes muster I’d like to query.

1. The Strategos, when he takes a bow or iliotoxon option does now allow a muster path of either Toxotes or Iliotoxotes whereas the Lokagos can, Is this intentional?

2. So with the release of artefacts a lot of the weapon options have fire damage type, should all standard version have that too? (Iliodoru, ilioxiphos, iliosfyri, Ilioskiptros, iliotoxon and iliotriana)

3. Lastly the Kthones Slavelord rule isn’t applied to the muster path, would it be easier to mention that warchiefs and units are taken as pledged units?

Many thanks
James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Atalantes muster queries

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:26 am

Crazyguy501 wrote:Hey! Just noticed a couple of things on the Atalantes muster I’d like to query.

1. The Strategos, when he takes a bow or iliotoxon option does now allow a muster path of either Toxotes or Iliotoxotes whereas the Lokagos can, Is this intentional?

The strategos can't take a bow or iliotoxon - is that what you mean? If so, yes, its intentional. He can take an iliodoru (sunspear) which is basically like an iliotoxon I guess, but the strategos is a strategy maker, not a tactical weapon.

Plus, I am concerned that allowing high AUTHORITY generals to take bowmen as sworn units is a bit of eating your cake and having it, too - so I may well be removing that option from most other warlord generals and possibly the higher AUTHORITY warchiefs.

Crazyguy501 wrote:2. So with the release of artefacts a lot of the weapon options have fire damage type, should all standard version have that too? (Iliodoru, ilioxiphos, iliosfyri, Ilioskiptros, iliotoxon and iliotriana)

No, because the artefacts are special.

Crazyguy501 wrote:3. Lastly the Kthones Slavelord rule isn’t applied to the muster path, would it be easier to mention that warchiefs and units are taken as pledged units?

Yeah that might make it a bit clearer. Good idea, I'll work on that.

Cheers
Rob
Crazyguy501

Postby Crazyguy501 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:10 pm

Awesome, yeah that makes sense with the warlords, I just noticed other kindreds with bow options tend to have ‘bow units’ as sworn options on muster paths. Makes a lot more sense having the war-chiefs in commands like that, warlords should be leaning on Hearthguard types for sworn units, not support infantry.

Many thanks
James
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:24 am

Crazyguy501 wrote:Awesome, yeah that makes sense with the warlords, I just noticed other kindreds with bow options tend to have ‘bow units’ as sworn options on muster paths. Makes a lot more sense having the war-chiefs in commands like that, warlords should be leaning on Hearthguard types for sworn units, not support infantry.

Many thanks
James

Yeah, my thoughts exactly really! I'll be doing that over the coming days.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”