Far Thule Muster Queries

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Crazyguy501

Far Thule Muster Queries

Postby Crazyguy501 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:45 pm

Hey! Noticed a couple of things amongst the far Thule muster here and there, thought I’d list them off!

1. Winter Comes, is an invocation that changes the weather, but I’m not sure what the value is to roll against it? Would it be temper vs temper of the sorcerer casting it, or treated as temper 0 vs the sorcerer’s temper

2. The horn chariot lists the sronoxc as having viscious damage when the normal one has terrible damage?

3. Mallax Tusk Riders, the sronoxc has 27 wounds but only has 20 wounds to mark off

4. Mallax Tusk Riders, can swap out the sronoxc for a tarvocx for -29 silver, which seems a bit mad, as overall the tarvocx is (arguably) a better ardent mount to take? Apart from the terrible damage of course?

5. The Sronox has a 1 silver armour upgrade, but it doesn’t put it up another C+A bracket

6. Harpoon thrower, has shots per crew, which it would mean it gets 6 shots (then a champion on top of paid for) is that correct?

7. Paracerox war towers wounds, and attack die are less, compared to the normal one. Also it doesn’t have terryfying and fearless like the normal one does.

Many thanks

James
Crazyguy501

Re: Far Thule Muster Queries

Postby Crazyguy501 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:42 am

Actually redact number 4. I checked the tarvoxc didn’t realise it’s damage was 1 with impact mighty strike, compared to the sronocx damage 3 with impact mighty!
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Far Thule Muster Queries

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:29 pm

Crazyguy501 wrote:Hey! Noticed a couple of things amongst the far Thule muster here and there, thought I’d list them off!

1. Winter Comes, is an invocation that changes the weather, but I’m not sure what the value is to roll against it? Would it be temper vs temper of the sorcerer casting it, or treated as temper 0 vs the sorcerer’s temper

Good point. It's just a point on the battlefield, so 0-9 TEMPER. I'll clarify.

Crazyguy501 wrote:2. The horn chariot lists the sronoxc as having viscious damage when the normal one has terrible damage?

Will fix, thanks!

Crazyguy501 wrote:3. Mallax Tusk Riders, the sronoxc has 27 wounds but only has 20 wounds to mark off

Good spot, fixed!

Crazyguy501 wrote:4. Mallax Tusk Riders, can swap out the sronoxc for a tarvocx for -29 silver, which seems a bit mad, as overall the tarvocx is (arguably) a better ardent mount to take? Apart from the terrible damage of course?

At first glance it seems strange, but the 3 damage / terrible damage on the srónocx's horn (as well as being stubborn) really does push him up that much. The horn butt on the tarvocx is only 1 damage!

Crazyguy501 wrote:5. The Sronox has a 1 silver armour upgrade, but it doesn’t put it up another C+A bracket

Sorted! Added some more CONSTITUTION to the srónox.

Crazyguy501 wrote:6. Harpoon thrower, has shots per crew, which it would mean it gets 6 shots (then a champion on top of paid for) is that correct?

Yes.

Crazyguy501 wrote:7. Paracerox war towers wounds, and attack die are less, compared to the normal one. Also it doesn’t have terryfying and fearless like the normal one does.

Good spots, fixed!!

Thanks James!

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”