Displacement Reaction vs Mass

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
Crazyguy501

Displacement Reaction vs Mass

Postby Crazyguy501 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:14 pm

Hey! having had a read of the displacement reaction rules I found something a little alarming in it. When the model that is being displaced is unconscious, immobile, prone or entangled the model can’t be displaced and is treated as dead. However the model displacing the displaced model only needs to be 1 mass higher.

So my worry is, instead of evening attacking with my bigger mass monsters, why wouldn’t I just make sure a slightly smaller model has 1 of the following above (unconscious, entangled, immobile and prone) through various spells, weapons effects, mighty strike etc. Then just displace it so it dies? To me it seems cheesy I could just cause a mobility effect then walk over it with a big monster instead of even attacking.

The only grace I did find was the the move through rules mention you need to be at least twice the mass size to move through? So maybe displacement death could be updated that you need to be at least twice the mass and over to kill the lower mass model? I can just envision people taking various mobility effecting invocations or artefacts that a could affect a mass 15 monster, then a mass 16 monster just walking on top of it?

Many thanks
James

To me
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Displacement Reaction vs Mass

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:04 pm

Okay, I think I get the gist.

I think you may be thinking Displace happens when you Move Through a unit, which it doesn't, except at the end, when your guy stops. However, you can only Move Through stuff that's half your mass or lower, so it's not as nasty as you may think.

Flyers can Land and Displace anything with a lower mass than them, however, so it could well be nasty if a rather large dragon drops on you. But then, that sounds pretty nasty to me...

Cheers
Rob
Grizzle

Re: Displacement Reaction vs Mass

Postby Grizzle » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:32 am

Rob Lane wrote:Okay, I think I get the gist.

I think you may be thinking Displace happens when you Move Through a unit, which it doesn't, except at the end, when your guy stops. However, you can only Move Through stuff that's half your mass or lower, so it's not as nasty as you may think.

Flyers can Land and Displace anything with a lower mass than them, however, so it could well be nasty if a rather large dragon drops on you. But then, that sounds pretty nasty to me...

Cheers
Rob

I think I've been playing move through wrong as I tend to displace everything on the path of the models trajectory as it goes along.

So it should just be at the end where it finishes, I will have to update my working memory on the movement rules again.

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”