Infernii update

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
wildbill

Infernii update

Postby wildbill » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:28 pm

So I've now managed to purchase and build about 2.5k silver worth of Infernii, just waiting on Krull to arrive to push it over the 3k ( yes I know I can't field all the nobles in a proper muster, but a bring it, you play it game ohh yesssss, it's happening)... :D

Anyhow over to my questions about Infernii.

In the muster the army has no Invocations/magic items (demonic)

Now I understand they're more brute strength, but can't help wonder there's something missing.
Given Rob spoke about the three aspects of Darklands (magic, troops and monsters).

Krull or Beliayal while top dog demons have no magical/demonic items or powers. None of the lesser demons have access to invocation/sorcerer powers.

We have no Sorcerers within the Infernii muster.

It's not a question of taking Byzantine models (I have plenty of those to build and use if I wish) it's more why should I be forced too to get some of the cool invocations.

Demons able to summons demons is not possible, there's not even an ability for slaying of your foes to either heal your wounds or give you access to a slaughter summon ability (the more you kill the more you can bring more Demons to the fight or heal your wounds)

Also on the subject of terrain, wouldn't it make sense for Demons to be able to create Hellpits or Demonic portals that ignore the Demonic wound loss per hour if your within 6" of 10" of the terrain feature.

I love my Infernii, I'm gona use my Infernii.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Infernii update

Postby Rob Lane » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:15 pm

wildbill wrote:So I've now managed to purchase and build about 2.5k silver worth of Infernii, just waiting on Krull to arrive to push it over the 3k ( yes I know I can't field all the nobles in a proper muster, but a bring it, you play it game ohh yesssss, it's happening)... :D

Anyhow over to my questions about Infernii.

In the muster the army has no Invocations/magic items (demonic)

Now I understand they're more brute strength, but can't help wonder there's something missing.
Given Rob spoke about the three aspects of Darklands (magic, troops and monsters).

Yes, there is... the Byzantii!

wildbill wrote:Krull or Beliayal while top dog demons have no magical/demonic items or powers. None of the lesser demons have access to invocation/sorcerer powers.

That is intended, for now.

wildbill wrote:We have no Sorcerers within the Infernii muster.

Again, the same.

wildbill wrote:It's not a question of taking Byzantine models (I have plenty of those to build and use if I wish) it's more why should I be forced too to get some of the cool invocations.

Well; the Infernii were never intended to be a standalone kindred, they were always meant to be allied to the Byzantii, which is why they don't have any sorcerers or artefacts.

The question you need to ask is - "Why do I need invocations? I have meaty demons! I do not need such weak powers!" or somesuch demony nonsense.

wildbill wrote:Demons able to summons demons is not possible, there's not even an ability for slaying of your foes to either heal your wounds or give you access to a slaughter summon ability (the more you kill the more you can bring more Demons to the fight or heal your wounds)

That is a possibility, if I ever do invocations for the Infernii.

wildbill wrote:Also on the subject of terrain, wouldn't it make sense for Demons to be able to create Hellpits or Demonic portals that ignore the Demonic wound loss per hour if your within 6" of 10" of the terrain feature.

Again a good idea, that's something I'm keen on too (kindred terrain) - watch out for more on that in the future.

wildbill wrote:I love my Infernii, I'm gona use my Infernii.

...and you can ;o)

Cheers
Rob
wildbill

Postby wildbill » Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:47 am

Reply recieved and understood .

As a certain cartoon dog used to mutter.

SnazzyFrazzaRashinFashinRickRastardly.... :D

I'll take my mighty meaty host and club/axe my foes ti death.
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Postby Rob Lane » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:44 pm

:lol: :lol:

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”