Questions about effect tokens and and the hokie cokie with a freeze banner.

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
MrLally

Questions about effect tokens and and the hokie cokie with a freeze banner.

Postby MrLally » Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:00 pm

Hi all

When a unit has multiple different effect tokens attached to them is their a specific order they are quelled in? The order won't make much difference for most effects however Freeze and Cold tokens would be much stronger if you had to roll the Cold ones first.

The baalor have a banner which puts cold tokens onto a unit when they get into a certain range. Is there anything stopping me from moving the banner bearer forwards and backwards so as to apply this multiple times on the same activation...I feel there should be...as it would be silly. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Questions about effect tokens and and the hokie cokie with a freeze banner.

Postby Rob Lane » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:21 am

MrLally wrote:Hi all

When a unit has multiple different effect tokens attached to them is their a specific order they are quelled in? The order won't make much difference for most effects however Freeze and Cold tokens would be much stronger if you had to roll the Cold ones first.

p155 - "Quell actions may be performed in any order by either player", although that's really about which units go first, but that's all there is... I will make an addenda to add it into the Quell action, so watch out for that shortly.

MrLally wrote:The baalor have a banner which puts cold tokens onto a unit when they get into a certain range. Is there anything stopping me from moving the banner bearer forwards and backwards so as to apply this multiple times on the same activation...I feel there should be...as it would be silly. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hah... yes. A good slap from your opponent! I'll certainly address this to make it so that the maximum is 2D5 per battle hour.

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”