Moraine warrior focus

A place to read and talk about our official updates, errata and addenda for Darklands. Please post all rules queries here!
wildbill

Moraine warrior focus

Postby wildbill » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:09 pm

My fellow Mierce warriors, I have a question regarding the Moraine Sorcerer and her invocation ability.

Moraine warriors 2 die, marked beast? The invoker may mould ( there is no reference to mould in the rule book what so ever) a unit of Moraine warriors to their max size or a Moraine beast by passing a temper test ( Temper test I understand its in the rule book) this is now called a mould test (not in the rule book, nor refered anywhere other than here) is modified by adding the mass of the unit to the beckoning roll (No beckoning roll in the index nor rule book). If the mould test is failed fumble table used.
Immediate effect : involker moulds a unit upon the creation point.
Rules: creation

Now I understand what it all means and how it's to happen, but it took an awful lot of bouncing about the rulebook and I'm still unclear if there are restrictions (other than the creation ones) plus use of the term marked beast its not a mark its a creation/summoning, now if it requires water/snow/rain to create the created/summoned constructs/creatures who knows.

Sorry for the ramble, but I'm trying to introduce players to this game and if I'm flicking through a rule book looking confused and trying to rationalise my thoughts on the process, you can see why some people just pass this brilliant wargame by.

Over to the collective.....
Rob Lane
Site Admin

Re: Moraine warrior focus

Postby Rob Lane » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:47 am

Okay - simply put, wherever it says "Rules: " next to an artefact or an invocation you'll find the main rule to help you do it in the rulebook (in this case, the creation rules which are found at the end of section 2).

The rest of the text won't be found in the rulebook except for the standard stuff, like a TEMPER TEST; in your example, Mould is just a name to call this particular action of creation so that it is different to other creation invocations. A MOULD TEST, similarly, is just another name to differentiate it from other TEMPER TESTS. Marked Beast - the beast you're creating is the Mark of the invocation, how can it be anything else? If it doesn't reference water/snow/rain to create it then you don't need that...

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Darklands Rules and Musters - Updates, Errata and Addenda”